Subject: PMP> Printer MIB Working Group mtg. in Boulder

From: Harry Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 21:14:55 -0500

Lloyd, while we aren't having an official PMP face-to-face in Boulder, is there
any chance we could arrange a conference call giving, say, a weeks notice? I
think this would be an effective method of addressing my proposal
for prtDetectedErrors.

Harry Lewis - IBM Printing Systems

---- Lloyd said -----

[email-masked] on 10/28/97 06:14:59 PM
Please respond to [email-masked] @ internet
To: [email-masked] @ internet
cc: [email-masked] @ internet
Subject: PMP> Printer MIB Working Group mtg. in Boulder

As the IETF Printer MIB working group co-chairman, it is part of my
responsibility to moderate discussion of Printer MIB issues. It was
my decision to not have an IETF Printer MIB working group face to face
meeting during the PWG meetings in Boulder. Scheduling a meeting with
such short notice and with as little partipication from Printer MIB
working group active partipicants would have been irresponsible on
my part. I know this has upset some people but it is my responsibility
to make sure that as many partipicants are involved as possible in any
discussion. Therefore I will state again that there will not be a
Printer MIB Working Group face to face meeting in Boulder this week.
Regards,
Lloyd

---

From: [email-masked] (Bill Wagner)
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 13:46:32 -0500

Lloyd,
     
     Since I will not be at the Boulder meeting, I appreciate your 
     position. However, there are some valid concerns with respect to  
     direction and degree of modification of the printer MIB that have a 
     significant time consideration. Not only does waiting until the 
     December meeting seem undesirable, the fact that the meeting after 
     that is not until March (forget Hawaii) puts a large gap into 
     completing any follow-on activity at face-to-face meetings. 
     
     I therefore would request that you outline an alternate method of 
     identifying, organizing and resolving the various issues that have 
     arisen.
     
     Best regards, 
     
     Bill Wagner

______________________________ Reply Separator _________________________________
Subject: PMP> Printer MIB Working Group mtg. in Boulder
Author:  [email-masked] at Internet
Date:    10/28/97 8:14 PM