Subject: PMP> I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-printmib-job-monitor-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 16:37:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Printer MIB Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Job Monitoring MIB - V0.83
	Author(s)	: T. Hasting, H. Lewis, S. Isaacson, R. Bergman
	Filename	: draft-ietf-printmib-job-monitor-04.txt
	Pages		: 98
	Date		: 1997-08-02
	
This Internet-Draft specifies a set of 18 SNMP MIB objects for 
(1) monitoring the status and progress of print jobs (2) obtaining 
resource requirements before a job is processed, (3) monitoring resource 
consumption while a job is being processed and (4) collecting resource 
accounting data after the completion of a job.  This MIB is intended to be 
implemented (1) in a printer or (2) in a server that supports one or 
more printers.  Use of the object set is not limited to printing.  
However, support for services other than printing is outside the scope of 
this Job Monitoring MIB.  Future extensions to this MIB may include, 
but are not limited to, fax machines and scanners.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login wih the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-printmib-job-monitor-04.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-printmib-job-monitor-04.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-printmib-job-monitor-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.