Subject: PMP> Proposal for new web page listing products supporting RFC 1759

From: JK Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 12:52:33 -0400 (EDT)

Similar to the movement in the IPP to better advertise their standards
efforts, it might also be in the PMP group's better interests to also
advertise in some fashion.

I'd like to establish a new web page on the PWG server (in the PMP tree)
that maintains an up-to-date list of specific vendor products that
support the Printer MIB (RFC 1759).  Each entry should include at least
the following data elements:

  Vendor name                (official coporate verbage, etc)
  Product name and model     (eg: LaserRat 43zi+)
  Any special firmware info  (in case a user must update, etc)
  Shipping date              (approx date such Printer MIB support shipped)
  Product-specific URL       (to allow rapid reference by the reader)
  Special notes              (extra info, if necessary)

Unless anyone has any real objections (please say so asap), let's gather
and publish this info as soon as possible.

Also, if anyone has additional suggestions for data items, or perhaps
some formatting suggestions/etc, send those along, too.

To keep the PMP list traffic down, please send all such info to me
privately via mailto:[email-masked]

Let's get those cards and letters in the mail, folks!

	...jay

----------------------------------------------------------------------
--  JK Martin               |  Email:   [email-masked]          --
--  Underscore, Inc.        |  Voice:   (603) 889-7000              --
--  41C Sagamore Park Road  |  Fax:     (603) 889-2699              --
--  Hudson, NH 03051-4915   |  Web:     http://www.underscore.com   --
----------------------------------------------------------------------