Subject: PMP> Any public domain trap receivers available for our debugging use?

From: JK Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 13:36:43 -0400 (EDT)

Bill Wagner raised a good question that I have been meaning to ask for
some time now:

>      [...] By the way, 
>      could you suggest an application to check the trap as sent (other than 
>      a network analyzer)?

Can anyone point out some public domain (ie, free) trap receiver code
that can be used for this kind of debugging?

I know the standard CMU toolset has a "trapd" program, but I haven't had
time to check it out to see if it is as simple as we need it to be.

Anyone have any experience with such a simple tool?

	...jay

---

From: Matt King <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 May 1997 16:26:50 -0400

Jay,

The SNMPc app that we used at the interop does a pretty good job of
displaying trap information.  I am going to assume, however, that the
trail licenses have expired.  What if your noteboot were to all of the
sudden think it was February again for a couple of hours?

The software does not display the vaule of generic-alert (unless it is a
generic alert) or time-stamp. However it does show the enterprise, the
specific-trap, and the variable-bindings.

Works in a pinch

--Matt

P.S. This has got to be one of the shortest notes I have posted!

-- 
Matt King                                     Opinions are my own and
Staff Engineer                                    are not necessarily
Lexmark International, Inc.                          those of Lexmark
[email-masked]