Subject: PMP> Note on after-approval internet-draft updates

From: Lloyd Young <[email-masked]>
Date: 7 May 97 9:04:11 EDT

For your information.
The time for us to progress from final Internet Draft to Draft Standard may be 
shorter 
than previously discussed.
Lloyd Young

To: wg-chairs%apps.ietf.org @ interlock.lexmark.com @ SMTP
cc: rfc-ed%isi.edu @ interlock.lexmark.com @ SMTP (bcc: Lloyd Young)
From: Harald.T.Alvestrand%uninett.no @ interlock.lexmark.com @ SMTP
Date: 05/07/97 12:38:39 AM
Subject: Note on after-approval internet-draft updates

Note:
Now that the RFC Editor queue has become REALLY short
(as in "sometimes even empty!"), the time from IESG approval
of a document to RFC issuing has shortened dramatically.

This is GREAT news, but it also means that the sloppy practice that
some people have been doing of updating a document with minor changes
after the IESG approves it is not only frowned upon, it may be
impossible.

RFCs, once out, are essentially impossible to call back.
So - get it right the first time, or live with your mistakes!

Enjoy,

                   Harald A