Subject: Re: PMP> Any public domain trap receivers available for our debugging use?

From: JK Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 16:35:35 -0400 (EDT)

Matt,

> The SNMPc app that we used at the interop does a pretty good job of
> displaying trap information.  I am going to assume, however, that the
> trail licenses have expired.  What if your noteboot were to all of the
> sudden think it was February again for a couple of hours?

Oh yeah, like I'm going to respond saying "Hell yes, good idea!"...

Let's just leave it that the SNMPc license has expired; that way
I lose less money from court proceedings.

In any case, I was really hoping for that rare, dying breed of a software
component:

	Something simple.

You know, the kind that simply grabs the official well-known Trap
port and simply dumps the contents to stdout, along with maybe the
originating net address, etc.

That's all we really need right now for these tests, no?  If I wasn't
so busy responding to mailing list postings, I'd probably just hack
one out myself.  But I was kinda hoping someone had already done that.

	...jay