Subject: RE: PMP> Persent/On/Off

From: Ron Bergman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 07:27:56 -0700 (PDT)

Harry,

The proper indication should specify the joggers response if the PDL does not
request or suppress jogging.  The jogger object then indicates whether jogging is
automatic (ON) or manual (OFF).  Since the PDL can normally override most feature
settings, this appears to be the most consistent interpretation.

	Ron Bergman
	Dataproducts Corp

On May 19,  5:00pm, Harry Lewis wrote:
> Subject: PMP> Persent/On/Off
> When an object has syntax Present/On/Off, it can either be NotPresent, On, or
> Off - right? So what if it is
> present but neither on or off. I'm thinking of the offset stacker feature on a
> printer. It can be present but activated by PDL control. In this case, is the
> default ON (as in if the PDL asks for jog it works) or OFF (as in jogging is
> available, but not automatic)? Can anyone share implementation experience in
> this area?
>
> Harry Lewis - IBM Printing Systems
>-- End of excerpt from Harry Lewis