Subject: PMP> Final draft...

From: Randy Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 12:57:18 -0700

I have several mail messages suggesting changes to the MIB over the
PMP list. I was curious if we could have a "master" list of changes
that comprises all modifications that have been "approved" by the
WG sent to me sometime before the scheduled deadline. I missed the
last telecon so I may have missed some of the issues that were
brought up.

Can we merge all of the requests into a single list that everyone
can look at prior to publication? just for review? I'm not sure
I have all the info here to do this on my own...

Randy

-- 
Randy Turner
Network Architect
Sharp Laboratories of America
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Ira Mcdonald x10962)
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 14:09:31 PDT

Hi Randy,  

As of the previous week's telecon you had an action to review my
proposal to us textual conventions (eg, 'PrtConsoleLocaleDisplayString')
to clarify the localization control variable for human-readable
strings in the Printer MIB.

I haven't heard from you and there was therefore no action on this
item at yesterday's telecon (where Harry says 'buzzed through
last items').

Even if the PWG doesn't accept my (late) suggestion for a new
General object 'prtGeneralStaticLocalization' to clarify the
(mostly) localizable other 27 strings or so (excepting ones
like 'prtInputMediaName' (which might be an English keyword
from ISO 10175), we (Xerox and Fuji Xerox) would greatly 
appreciate the retyping of these strings as
'PrtStaticLocaleDisplayString' to make their inherent
human-readableness ?? obvious and to indicate that they
are not in a 'defined' locale.

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald
  716-242-9644 (through Monday, 5 May, ONLY)
  906-494-2434/2697 (thereafter)

---

From: Lloyd Young <[email-masked]>
Date: 30 Apr 97 17:37:15 EDT

Randy,
Here is the list of changes that I have pulled together that should go into
the updated draft. It is complete as far as I know. Instead of pulling in
all of the text again, I referenced the e-mail that included the change.
There are still a few items are not not completely resolved. I will be
following up on this in separate e-mail.

---------------------------------------------------------------
4/30/97

* CLARIFICATIONS FROM INTEROP TESTING

1. Lloyd Young - Definitions of Active, Busy, Idle and Standby
E-mail dated 3/13/97 from [email-masked] with subject 
"Definitions of Active, Busy, Idle, Standby"

2. Matt King - Unary and Binary alert table event management.
E-mail dated 4/29/97 from [email-masked] with subject
"Final draft of my clarifications from the 4/29 conference call"

3. Matt King - Clarify that (0) in prtChannelCurrentJobCntlLangIndex 
and prtChannelDefaultPageDescLangIndex means do not have one.
E-mail dated 4/29/97 from [email-masked] with subject
"Final draft of my clarifications from the 4/29 conference call"

4. Matt King - Clarify what constitutes a config change in 
prtGeneralConfigChanges.
E-mail dated 4/29/97 from [email-masked] with subject
"Final draft of my clarifications from the 4/29 conference call"

5. Top 21 Printer Conditions
Final version not released yet.

* OLD ITEMS

1.  RFC1213 references in Printer MIB 
E-mail dated 4/28/97 from [email-masked] with subject
"IANA Registry for Interface Types"

3. Should PDF type be included?
E-mail dated 4/22/97 from [email-masked] with subject
"IANA Registry for Interface Types"

4.  Should the phone:, fax: and email: tags be used in non 8-bit environments? 
non-English environments?
UNRESOLVED: Randy to review Ira's proposal and make recommendation.

* NEW ITEMS

1. Scott Isaacson 4/16/97   Novell Channel Type Info
UNRESOLVED: Scott to submit new proposal

2. Bill Wagner    4/17/97   Reference to other MIB's in RFC
E-mail dated 4/17/97 from [email-masked] with subject
"Reference to other MIB's in RFC"

3. Bob Pentecost  4/17/97   prtAlertTime
UNRESOLVED: Randy to clarify prtAlertTime description

4. Ron Bergman    4/17/97   Description for chPortHTTP
E-mail dated 4/17/97 from [email-masked] with subject
"Description for chPortHTTP"

5. Harry Lewis   4/18/97   Alert Alert
UNRESOLVED: Randy to propose a change

* EDITORAL CHANGES

1. Add Ricoh Page Description Language to PrtInterpreterLangFamilyTC
E-mail dated 4/18/97 from [email-masked] with subject
"add a new value to PrtInterpreterLangFamilyTC"

2. Editing on langXJCL
E-mail dated 4/21/97 from [email-masked] with subject
"langXJCL(53) descriptionediting not finished"

3. Change name of Auxiliary Sheet objects
E-mail dated 4/21/97 from [email-masked] and e-mail
dated 4/21/97 from [email-masked] with subject
"Auxilary Sheet objects should have group, not table, in name?

4. Mike MacKay is with Novell
E-mail dated 4/25/97 from [email-masked] with subject
Mike MacKay is with Novell, not IBM
---------------------------------------------------------------
Regards,
Lloyd

---

From: Lloyd Young <[email-masked]>
Date: 30 Apr 97 17:46:00 EDT

The ink was barely dry on my previous note when I noticed that
I had left off one change:

1. Change "intended" to "current" for SubUnitStatus
E-mail dated 4/30/97 from [email-masked] with subject
"MIB draft edit: change "intended" to "current" for SubUnitStatus"

I will not publish the complete list again for this one change yet.
Everyone else should have some time to review my list for other 
missing changes. The final change list will be published on Friday.
Regards,
Lloyd

Lloyd Young                       Lexmark International, Inc.
Senior Program Manager            Dept. C14L/Bldg. 035-3
Strategic Alliances               740 New Circle Road NW
internet: [email-masked]     Lexington, KY 40550
Phone: (606) 232-5150             Fax: (606) 232-6740