Subject: PMP> Re: Trap Host registration - NetCube response

From: Harry Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 18:52:02 -0400

Classification:
Prologue:
Epilogue: Harry Lewis - IBM Printing Systems

It seems like NetCube only tested traps with one printer at Stardust, however
they can register with both Lexmark and IBM printers. Since we all have
different registration schemes right now, I wonder if documenting and posting
these to the PWG server would make sense for application developers?

Where do we go from here regarding the interop test? I will ask IBM Japan if
they would care to run another test with both Lexmark and IBM printers, this
time (would be nice to get other printers in there, too). We had talked about
maybe asking Jay if he is interested is running such a test. We are probably
willing to conduct a test, also, if it will help interoperability. We would
need to know how to register and may need to borrow a printer.

Harry Lewis

----- Forwarded by Harry Lewis/Boulder/IBM on 04/23/97 04:39 PM ----

Yuhji Yamashita@IBMJP
04/23/97 08:18 AM

To: Harry Lewis/Boulder/IBM@IBMUS
cc:
Subject: Re: Trap Host registration

Lewis-san,
NetCube knows how to register for the traps with IBM-PSC, Lexmark.

NetCube does not register for the traps with HP.

At the interoperability test, I remember I received some traps only from
Lexmark but they are not in the test record. I did not receive traps from
IBM-PSC as it needs to set special community name in NetCube's configuration
manually, to register for the traps with IBM.

=================================================================
Yamashita, Yuhji. System Management Technology, IBM Japan