Subject: PMP> PMP Draft Comments

From: [email-masked] (Bill Wagner)
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 03:24:23 -0500

I apologize for not providing comments sooner, but man and nature have 
     conspired against this.
     
     Although I will be providing more comments later, I wish to observe 
     that section 3. of the draft, Groups from other MIB Specifications, 
     appears to have some of the revised text I had provided, but not the 
     bulk of it. The result is inconsistent, among other things referring 
     to a 3.4 that does not exist.
     
     I continue to believe that the relation of the printer MIB to the 
     groups of the other referenced MIB's is inadequately defined. I will 
     recover and resubmit the text I had proposed for inclusion in section 
     3. 
     
     Although I understand that it would be inconvenient to remove the 
     references to MIB 2, I believe it must be clarified that the relation 
     of the objects in the system group of MIB 2 to the printer is 
     indeterminate in that the actual network interface may or may not be 
     considered part of the printer. Each of the objects in the system 
     group is, in effect, superseded by other objects in the HR NIB or the 
     Printer MIB. Further, I think that some attempt should be made to 
     dispel the confusion of the relation of the Interface group to printer 
     interfaces (versus 'system interfaces').
     
     Bill Wagner, DPI