Subject: Re: PMP> Minutes of 4/22 Conference Call

From: JK Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 14:36:02 -0400 (EDT)

Ron,

Nice job on the minutes.  I was hoping to participate in the telecon,
but unfortunately I was in NYC at the Seybold Conference and couldn't
break away.

I noticed this section in the minutes:

> 9. Traps - new info (Chris Wellens 4/17/97):
>   The discussion will be deferred to the next call.  It was agreed that 
> another test session will not be required.  But some additional 
> independent testing is necessary.  Lloyd is looking at using Net Cube as 
> a test package.  Possibly Jay Martin can assist?

Is this something that can wait until the next telecon on April 29, or
would you like me to do something in advance?

If the PMP group would like some testing done by Underscore, then we'll
need to acquire a couple of printer models that we don't already have
onsite:

  - Tektronix Phaser 550
  - Xerox whatever

As of this writing we have these printers onsite that have varying support
for RFC 1759:

  - HP 5Si/Mopier
  - Lexmark Optra N
  - Lexmark Optra R
  - Lexmark Optra C
  - IBM Network Printer 17
  - Kyocera FS-3700

If this can wait until the next telecon, that would be great; otherwise,
someone please let us know what is being requested, etc.  Specifically,
whatever test procedure is desired needs to be documented and reviewed
by the PMP before we get started.

Thanks.

	...jay

----------------------------------------------------------------------
--  JK Martin               |  Email:   [email-masked]          --
--  Underscore, Inc.        |  Voice:   (603) 889-7000              --
--  41C Sagamore Park Road  |  Fax:     (603) 889-2699              --
--  Hudson, NH 03051-4915   |  Web:     http://www.underscore.com   --
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Chuck Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 12:00:33 -0700

> need to acquire a couple of printer models that we don't already have

	Sorry folks, This printer did not implement traps.
	Trying to test traps on it would be futile.

Chuck Adams