Subject: PMP> prtAlertTime

From: Bob Pentecost <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 11:02:59 -0600

I have two items. The first is the need for clarification and the second is 
an editorial matter.

When the object prtAlertTime was changed to a mandatory object, there was 
some discussion as to the value that would be returned if the device was 
unable to report the time. It was agreed that there was a way to report 
"Unknown" but no one knew the value. What is the value and should that be 
added to the MIB? (Note: Please don't restart the discussion about whether 
or not the device should know the time.)

On page 56:
          prtAlertTime             (Optional) the value of sysUpTime at
                                   the time of the removal of the binary
                                   change event from the alert table.
Since this is no longer an optional object, "(Optional)" should be removed.

---

From: Randy Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 11:19:27 -0700

If the system is unable to report the current time, then it could just
report
'sysUptime" from MIB-II  (which is mandatory BTW).

Randy