Subject: PMP> Suggested block comments for prtGeneral section of the MIB

From: JK Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 17:23:33 -0500 (EST)

Randy,

As discussed during the PMP telecon today, following are the block
comments that should be inserted in front of key object definitions in
the prtGeneral section of the new Printer MIB draft.

The page numbers referenced below respond to this document version
on the PWG server:

    ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/pmp/drafts/pmib_031897_reformatted.txt

Note also that some of these block comments precede object definitions
that have yet to be moved from their corresponding primary group back
into the prtGeneral section; for example, the definition of the
"prtConsoleLocalization" object current resides in the prtConsole
section, but (according to the agreement in the telecon) should be
moved into the prtGeneral group.  For these situations, the phrase "to
be moved" is listed in place of a page number.

Preceding the definition of "prtInputDefaultIndex" (p. 65):

-- Default indexes section
--
-- The following four objects are used to specify the indexes of
-- certain subunits used as defaults during the printing process.

Preceding the definition of "prtConsoleLocalization" (to be moved):

-- Console general section
--
-- The following four objects describe overall parameters of the
-- printer console subsystem.

Preceding the definition of "prtGeneralAdmin" (p. 66):

-- Administrative section
--
-- The following two objects are used to specify administrative
-- information assigned to the printer.

Preceding the definition of "prtAlertCriticalEvents" (p. 66):

-- General alert table section
--
-- The following two objects are used to specify counters associated
-- with the Alert Table.

Please feel free to edit the proposed text as necessary!

	...jay

----------------------------------------------------------------------
--  JK Martin               |  Email:   [email-masked]          --
--  Underscore, Inc.        |  Voice:   (603) 889-7000              --
--  41C Sagamore Park Road  |  Fax:     (603) 889-2699              --
--  Hudson, NH 03051-4915   |  Web:     http://www.underscore.com   --
----------------------------------------------------------------------