Subject: PMP> Re: IPP> MOD - 3/3 meeting minutes

From: JK Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 17:31:30 -0500 (EST)

Patrick,

> I was just thinking about the Model and MIB documents
> that I have read,  and I don't recall seeing provision for
> reporting a 'hardware page counter' value.  This might be
> a useful addition to the MIB,  and a neccessary one in environments
> where you have to do billing and want to find the total number
> of pages use.

The data to which you refer is available via the Printer MIB (RFC 1759).

Also, you might want to be a bit careful about the binding between the
Model stuff (ie, the IPP project) and the "MIB" stuff (the Job Monitoring
MIB project).  While in an ideal world these two efforts should exactly
interleave, in reality they may have some problems in that regard.

As it stands right now, there is absolutely NO mandate that the work of
the IPP and JMP (Job Monitoring MIB) projects must agree with each other,
or otherwise be cleanly integrated.

	...jay

----------------------------------------------------------------------
--  JK Martin               |  Email:   [email-masked]          --
--  Underscore, Inc.        |  Voice:   (603) 889-7000              --
--  41C Sagamore Park Road  |  Fax:     (603) 889-2699              --
--  Hudson, NH 03015-4915   |  Web:     http://www.underscore.com   --
----------------------------------------------------------------------