Subject: PMP> prtGeneralAdminName now becomes prtGeneralPrinterName

From: JK Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 17:50:15 -0500 (EST)

As we agreed during the March 21 PMP telecon, the object formerly named
"prtGeneralAdminName" should be changed, both to describe what's really
going on, as well as fix several obvious errors in the current text.

Currently this object is defined as:

          prtGeneralAdminName OBJECT-TYPE
               SYNTAX         PresentOnOff
               MAX-ACCESS     read-write
               STATUS    current
               DESCRIPTION
                 "An administrator-specified name for an individual that
          maintains authoratative control over this device with regards to
          device operation and/or configuration."
          ::= { prtGeneralEntry 18 }

To completely clarify things (once and for all!), I propose the following
object definition for the version of the MIB draft heading for Memphis:

          prtGeneralPrinterName OBJECT-TYPE
               SYNTAX         OCTET STRING
               MAX-ACCESS     read-write
               STATUS    current
               DESCRIPTION
                 "An administrator-specified name for this printer.
          Depending on the implementation of this printer, this value may
          or may not be the same value as the sysName object in System
	  group of MIB II."
          ::= { prtGeneralEntry 18 }

Let us put this particular issue to rest once and for all.  ;-)

	...jay

----------------------------------------------------------------------
--  JK Martin               |  Email:   [email-masked]          --
--  Underscore, Inc.        |  Voice:   (603) 889-7000              --
--  41C Sagamore Park Road  |  Fax:     (603) 889-2699              --
--  Hudson, NH 03051-4915   |  Web:     http://www.underscore.com   --
----------------------------------------------------------------------