Subject: PMP> Re: IPP> IPP. Who gets to hijack ? **READ - IMPORTANT**

From: JK Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 1997 12:20:10 -0500 (EST)

Geoff,

One area that we might actually agree on might be this paragraph
(assuming I am interpreting it correctly):

> I see a core group of names here effectively making decisions on things
> because they seem to think they have a de facto monopoly. This is not the
> correct procedure, spirit or rules for standard making.

True, there is a small core of people who seem to *continuously* submit
detailed specifications for various aspects of the IPP effort.  Given
the current mood of "What are we really supposed to be solving here?",
I think that such detailed specs are way out of line...at least right now.
(As the CEO of a small startup company, I must say that I can only aspire
to be able to waste money like that... ;-)  These people, IMHO, are wasting
their time and should involve themselves in the more critical issue of
"What the hell is really needed NOW?"

	...jay

----------------------------------------------------------------------
--  JK Martin               |  Email:   [email-masked]          --
--  Underscore, Inc.        |  Voice:   (603) 889-7000              --
--  41C Sagamore Park Road  |  Fax:     (603) 889-2699              --
--  Hudson, NH 03015-4915   |  Web:     http://www.underscore.com   --
----------------------------------------------------------------------