Subject: PMP> Conformance Information updates

From: Bob Pentecost <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 14:58:35 -0700

On of my action items from the January '97 PMP meeting was "Conformance 
section needs to be updated with new objects - Bob Pentecost". I have 
uploaded a Word version 
(ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/pmp/contributions/conform.doc) that shows the 
changes and I've attached the new section below. The changes are:

-- Add prtGeneralAdminName, prtGeneralSerialNumber and 
prtChannelInformation objects.
-- Move prtAlertTime to prtAlertTableGroup, delete prtAlertTimeGroup and 
renumber the subsequent prtMIBGroups.
-- Change prtInputManualFeedTimeout to prtInputMediaLoadTimeout.

Bob Pentecost
HP

-- Conformance Information

prtMIBConformance OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { printmib 2 }

-- compliance statements
prtMIBCompliance MODULE-COMPLIANCE
    STATUS  current
    DESCRIPTION
        "The compliance statement for agents that implement the
        printer MIB."
    MODULE -- this module
    MANDATORY-GROUPS { prtGeneralGroup, prtInputGroup, prtOutputGroup,
                       prtMarkerGroup, prtMediaPathGroup,
                       prtChannelGroup, prtInterpreterGroup,
                       prtConsoleGroup, prtAlertTableGroup }

        OBJECT      prtGeneralReset
        SYNTAX      INTEGER {
                        notResetting(3),
                        resetToNVRAM(5)
                    }
        DESCRIPTION
           "It is conformant to implement just these two states in
            this object.  Any additional states are optional."

        OBJECT      prtConsoleOnTime
        MIN-ACCESS  read-only
        DESCRIPTION
            "It is conformant to implement this object as read-only."

        OBJECT      prtConsoleOffTime
        MIN-ACCESS  read-only
        DESCRIPTION
            "It is conformant to implement this object as read-only."

    -- the prtResponsiblePartyGroup, prtExtendedInputGroup,
    -- prtInputMediaGroup, prtExtendedOutputGroup,
    -- prtOutputDimensionsGroup, prtOutputFeaturesGroup,
    -- prtMarkerSuppliesGroup, prtMarkerColorantGroup,
    -- prtAuxiliarySheetGroup, and the
    -- prtInputSwitchingGroup are completely optional.

    ::= { prtMIBConformance 1 }

prtMIBGroups      OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { prtMIBConformance 2 }

prtGeneralGroup OBJECT-GROUP
    OBJECTS { prtGeneralConfigChanges, prtGeneralCurrentLocalization,
              prtGeneralReset, prtCoverDescription, prtCoverStatus,
              prtLocalizationLanguage, prtLocalizationCountry,
              prtLocalizationCharacterSet, prtStorageRefIndex,
              prtDeviceRefIndex, prtGeneralAdminName,
              prtGeneralSerialNumber }
    STATUS  current
    DESCRIPTION
        "The general printer group."
    ::= { prtMIBGroups 1 }

prtResponsiblePartyGroup OBJECT-GROUP
    OBJECTS { prtGeneralCurrentOperator, prtGeneralServicePerson }
    STATUS  current
    DESCRIPTION
        "The responsible party group contains contact information for
        humans responsible for the printer."
    ::= { prtMIBGroups 2 }

prtInputGroup OBJECT-GROUP
    OBJECTS { prtInputDefaultIndex, prtInputType, prtInputDimUnit,
              prtInputMediaDimFeedDirDeclared,
              prtInputMediaDimXFeedDirDeclared,
              prtInputMediaDimFeedDirChosen,
              prtInputMediaDimXFeedDirChosen, prtInputCapacityUnit,
              prtInputMaxCapacity, prtInputCurrentLevel,
              prtInputStatus, prtInputMediaName }
    STATUS  current
    DESCRIPTION
        "The input group."
    ::= { prtMIBGroups 3 }

prtExtendedInputGroup OBJECT-GROUP
    OBJECTS { prtInputName, prtInputVendorName, prtInputModel,
              prtInputVersion, prtInputSerialNumber,
              prtInputDescription, prtInputSecurity }
    STATUS  current
    DESCRIPTION
        "The extended input group."
    ::= { prtMIBGroups 4 }

prtInputMediaGroup OBJECT-GROUP
    OBJECTS { prtInputMediaWeight, prtInputMediaType,
              prtInputMediaColor, prtInputMediaFormParts }
    STATUS  current
    DESCRIPTION
        "The input media group."
    ::= { prtMIBGroups 5 }

prtOutputGroup OBJECT-GROUP
    OBJECTS { prtOutputDefaultIndex, prtOutputType,
              prtOutputCapacityUnit, prtOutputMaxCapacity,
              prtOutputRemainingCapacity,  prtOutputStatus }
    STATUS  current
    DESCRIPTION
        "The output group."
    ::= { prtMIBGroups 6 }

prtExtendedOutputGroup OBJECT-GROUP
    OBJECTS { prtOutputName, prtOutputVendorName, prtOutputModel,
              prtOutputVersion, prtOutputSerialNumber,
              prtOutputDescription, prtOutputSecurity }
    STATUS  current
    DESCRIPTION
        "The extended output group."
    ::= { prtMIBGroups 7 }

prtOutputDimensionsGroup OBJECT-GROUP
    OBJECTS { prtOutputDimUnit, prtOutputMaxDimFeedDir,
              prtOutputMaxDimXFeedDir, prtOutputMinDimFeedDir,
              prtOutputMinDimXFeedDir }
    STATUS  current
    DESCRIPTION
        "The output dimensions group"

::= { prtMIBGroups 8 }

prtOutputFeaturesGroup OBJECT-GROUP
    OBJECTS { prtOutputStackingOrder,
              prtOutputPageDeliveryOrientation, prtOutputBursting,
              prtOutputDecollating, prtOutputPageCollated,
              prtOutputOffsetStacking }
    STATUS  current
    DESCRIPTION
        "The output features group."
    ::= { prtMIBGroups 9 }

prtMarkerGroup OBJECT-GROUP
    OBJECTS { prtMarkerDefaultIndex, prtMarkerMarkTech,
              prtMarkerCounterUnit, prtMarkerLifeCount,
              prtMarkerPowerOnCount, prtMarkerProcessColorants,
              prtMarkerSpotColorants, prtMarkerAddressabilityUnit,
              prtMarkerAddressabilityFeedDir,
              prtMarkerAddressabilityXFeedDir, prtMarkerNorthMargin,
              prtMarkerSouthMargin, prtMarkerWestMargin,
              prtMarkerEastMargin, prtMarkerStatus }
    STATUS  current
    DESCRIPTION
        "The marker group."
    ::= { prtMIBGroups 10 }

prtMarkerSuppliesGroup OBJECT-GROUP
    OBJECTS { prtMarkerSuppliesMarkerIndex,
              prtMarkerSuppliesColorantIndex, prtMarkerSuppliesClass,
              prtMarkerSuppliesType, prtMarkerSuppliesDescription,
              prtMarkerSuppliesSupplyUnit,
              prtMarkerSuppliesMaxCapacity, prtMarkerSuppliesLevel }
    STATUS  current
    DESCRIPTION
        "The marker supplies group."
    ::= { prtMIBGroups 11 }

prtMarkerColorantGroup OBJECT-GROUP
    OBJECTS { prtMarkerColorantMarkerIndex, prtMarkerColorantRole,
              prtMarkerColorantValue, prtMarkerColorantTonality }
    STATUS  current
    DESCRIPTION
        "The marker colorant group."
    ::= { prtMIBGroups 12 }

prtMediaPathGroup OBJECT-GROUP
    OBJECTS { prtMediaPathDefaultIndex, prtMediaPathMaxSpeedPrintUnit,
              prtMediaPathMediaSizeUnit, prtMediaPathMaxSpeed,
              prtMediaPathMaxMediaFeedDir,
              prtMediaPathMaxMediaXFeedDir,
              prtMediaPathMinMediaFeedDir,
              prtMediaPathMinMediaXFeedDir, prtMediaPathType,
              prtMediaPathDescription, prtMediaPathStatus}
    STATUS  current
    DESCRIPTION
        "The media path group."
    ::= { prtMIBGroups 13 }

prtChannelGroup OBJECT-GROUP
    OBJECTS { prtChannelType, prtChannelProtocolVersion,
              prtChannelCurrentJobCntlLangIndex,
              prtChannelDefaultPageDescLangIndex, prtChannelState,
              prtChannelIfIndex, prtChannelStatus,
              prtChannelInformation }
    STATUS  current
    DESCRIPTION
        "The channel group."
    ::= { prtMIBGroups 14 }

prtInterpreterGroup OBJECT-GROUP
    OBJECTS { prtInterpreterLangFamily, prtInterpreterLangLevel,
              prtInterpreterLangVersion, prtInterpreterDescription,
              prtInterpreterVersion, prtInterpreterDefaultOrientation,
              prtInterpreterFeedAddressability,
              prtInterpreterXFeedAddressability,
              prtInterpreterDefaultCharSetIn,
              prtInterpreterDefaultCharSetOut, prtInterpreterTwoWay }
    STATUS  current
    DESCRIPTION
        "The interpreter group."
    ::= { prtMIBGroups 15 }

prtConsoleGroup OBJECT-GROUP
    OBJECTS { prtConsoleLocalization, prtConsoleNumberOfDisplayLines,
              prtConsoleNumberOfDisplayChars, prtConsoleDisable,
              prtConsoleDisplayBufferText, prtConsoleOnTime,
              prtConsoleOffTime, prtConsoleColor,
              prtConsoleDescription }
    STATUS  current
    DESCRIPTION
        "The console group."
    ::= { prtMIBGroups 16 }

prtAlertTableGroup OBJECT-GROUP
    OBJECTS { prtAlertCriticalEvents, prtAlertAllEvents,
              prtAlertSeverityLevel, prtAlertTrainingLevel,
              prtAlertGroup, prtAlertGroupIndex, prtAlertLocation,
              prtAlertCode, prtAlertDescription, prtAlertTime }
STATUS  current
    DESCRIPTION
        "The alert table group."
    ::= { prtMIBGroups 17 }

prtAuxiliarySheetGroup OBJECT-GROUP
    OBJECTS { prtGeneralStartupPage, prtGeneralBannerPage }
    STATUS  current
    DESCRIPTION
	 "The auxiliary sheet group."
    ::= { prtMIBGroups 18 }

prtInputSwitchingGroup OBJECT-GROUP
    OBJECTS { prtInputMediaLoadTimeout, prtInputAutoSwitch,
		 prtInputNextIndex }
    STATUS  current
    DESCRIPTION
	"The input switching group."
::= { prtMIBGroups 19 }