Subject: PMP> Re: prtAlertDescription

From: "JKMARTIN.US.ORACLE.COM" <[email-masked]>
Date: 14 Feb 97 18:25:48 -0800

Hi Gail, 
 
Right now we use the prtAlertDescription text exactly AS IS, so yes, this 
string is pretty crucial for us.  I've realized all along, though, that all 
it takes is for one vendor to use "silly" strings, and then we'd have to 
start using the alert code (along with the location data) to generate a 
string ourselves. 
 
But, for now, we use the prtAlertDescription string directly from the printer. 
 
	...jay 
 
PS:  I hope you don't mind me cc:'ing the PMP mailing list! 

Subject: prtAlertDescription
From: "Gail Songer <[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: 14 Feb 97 14:25:23

Jay,

I have question and in previous conversations you indicated that you would be
willing to try to help me (We all know that in some areas there is just no
hope:)

How much does your application rely on prtAlertDescription to tell the user
what the error really means?  I know you are having problems with the hr table
and the alert table being inconsistent.  Do you use prtAlertDescription to tell
the user what the real problem is?

Gail

-- 

Gail Songer                                             Electronics For Imaging
[email-masked]                                 2855 Campus Drive
(415) 286-7235                                          San Mateo, CA 94403