Subject: PMP> Names on RFC documents

From: Lloyd Young <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 Dec 96 16:53:08 EST

One thing that Chris and I learned at the IETF working group chair
meetings at the San Jose IETF meetings is that the IETF is moving to 
a method where the editor's name is the only name listed on the
front of a RFC document when multiple people were involved in
authoring the RFC. This issue about whose names should be listed on 
the front of a RFC has come up previously in the IETF and they are 
trying to put some method in place to resolve this issue. The method 
of recognizing people who have done a significant amount of work in 
a MIB is to list their names and contributions under a significant 
contribution section on the acknowledgement page.

I know there are people who have had a significant contribution to the
Printer MIB therefore I would like to start collecting their names
and contributions. The definition of significant contribution is strictly
up to each individual person. Therefore if you feel that you have made 
a significant contribution to the Printer MIB, please send me your name 
and up to two sentences describing your contribution. Your name and 
sentences will then be added under the significant contributors section 
on the acknowledgement page.

Lloyd Young                       Phone: (606) 232-5150
Lexmark International Inc.        Fax: (606) 232-6740
740 New Circle Road NW            internet: [email-masked]
Lexington, KY 40511