Subject: PMP> Printer MIB discrepancies

From: Bob Pentecost <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 09:56:59 -0700

Here are some more Printer MIB discrepancies I've found:

The objects prtGeneralStartupPage and prtGeneralBannerPage have syntax 
values of PresentOnOff while there is a more appropriate textual convention 
defined as follows:

PrtSupplementaryPageContentTC ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION
    STATUS	  current
    DESCRIPTION
	  "Supplementary pages are added by the printing system and are
	   not part of the actual print job. Examples include error and
	   banner pages. This textual convention is used to specify the
	   information content of these pages."
    SYNTAX	  INTEGER {
		      noPage(3),		-- no page will be produced
		      concise(4),		-- content of page is concise
		      verbose(5)		-- content of page is verbose
		  }

PrtPrintOrientationTC is never referenced, but 
PrtInterpreterDefaultOrientationTC is referenced. Both are:
    SYNTAX     INTEGER {
                   other(1),
                   portrait(3),
                   landscape(4)
               }

Bob Pentecost
HP