Subject: RE: P1394> Rough SBP-2 & IP1394 core component ROM sizes

From: "Turner, Randy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 12:02:43 -0800

I am very interested in the combined target/initiator footprint as well.

Thx

Randy

	-----Original Message-----
	From:	Brian Batchelder [SMTP:[email-masked]]
	Sent:	Monday, February 09, 1998 9:37 AM
	To:	[email-masked]
	Subject:	Re: P1394> Rough SBP-2 & IP1394 core component
ROM sizes

	At 02:04 PM 2/6/98 -0800, Greg Shue wrote:

	[snip]

	>I approached them about sharing some rough estimates of code
size
	>for the IP1394 glue, SBP-2 target and initiator, and 1394 bus
	>manager modules to get a feel for how "heavy" the protocol
	>implementations really are.  They graciously shared the flowing
	>estimates with us, and certainly deserve our thanks.  Since the
	>technology is still being developed, these implementations are
	>certainly going to be tuned and the numbers will change a
little
	>bit.
	>
	>  Component                Rough ROM size (KBytes)
	>  ---------                -----------------------
	>  SBP-2 initiator core     15 +/- 5
	>  SBP-2 target core        15 +/- 5  (incl. Mgmt+Fetch agent,
no exec agent)

	Any idea how big a combined SBP-2 target/initiator would be?
15-30K? ;-)

	[snip]

	Brian

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
	Brian Batchelder      | Hewlett-Packard      |
mailto:[email-masked]  
	Connectivity Futurist | 1115 SE 164th Ave.   | Phone: (360)
212-4107  
	DeskJet Printers      | Vancouver, WA  98684 | Fax:   (360)
212-4227

---

From: Greg Shue <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 14:56:17 -0800 (PST)

My guess is that the combined footprint would be exactly the sum
of the SBP-2 initiator and SBP-2 target footprints.  I can't figure
out any parts which would be shared, since the Bus Mgr and Link controller
code have already been extracted and would be common.

Greg Shue

-- 
Greg Shue
Hewlett-Packard Company
Office Products Division			[email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------