Subject: P1394> Re: Sony proposal for Device Discovery

From: Danny Mitchell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 10:45:59 -0500

PWG members.

Aaron would like to know how many of the PWG folks might attend the AV
group meeting to take care of seating logistics.  Please send him your
plans privately and not on the reflector.

Aaron is proposing holding the Sony presentation on Wednesday morning.  I
am sure it is able to be scheduled to be convenient ( I hope. )

 At 09:15 PM 6/15/97 +0100, Aaron Ludtke wrote:
>Hi Danny,
>
>Thanks for the email. I'm looking forward to discussing these topics with 
>you and the PWG people.
>
>>During the Printer Working Group meetings Sony announced that it would have
>>a proposal for 1394 device discovery would be presented at the off-site AV
>>meeting.
>>
>>The PWG members are having a meeting earlier that week but would like to
>>possibly attend to see this proposal.  Can we get an idea when the
>>presentation would be given so they can not have to fly back from Boston
>>overnight to get to this meeting?
>>
>
>Well, I'll tell you what. Since your people will be here at the beginning 
>of that week, why don't we start out with this discussion first thing. 
>That would be Wednesday morning, June 25, starting at 9:00 AM, somewhere 
>in San Jose.
>
>Unfortunately I can't tell you exactly where, because it's a matter of 
>national security...et, uh, I mean, we have not yet been able to find 
>facilities large enough (many of the local hotels seem to be all booked 
>up that week...probably some damn printer groups having meetings or 
>something ;).
>
>So, as soon as I find out the location, I will let you know.
>
>Now I need to ask a favor from you. Can you help me find out how many 
>people from the PWG will be attending this discussion? I need to know for 
>facilities, catering, etc. I have requested feedback on the 1394-av 
>reflector, but I hesitate to broadcast a message on other reflectors 
>regarding special discussions, attendance plans, etc.
>
>Please send any info straight to me, do not broadcast on 1394-av.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Aaron
>
>
Regards,  Danny Mitchell  ( Dallas, Tx )

 BuS Solutions SW Manager ( 1394, USB )
 Ph: 972-480-3411     www.ti.com/sc/USB 
 Fx: 972-480-3160     www.ti.com/sc/1394
 Texas Instruments, 8505 Forest Lane, MS-8710, Dallas, TX 75243