Subject: JMP> Review of Job Monitoring MIB version 0.86

From: Ron Bergman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 10:52:46 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

Tom,

Thanks for all your work on this document.  It looks *almost* ready to
submit to the IESG!

I have only three comments (you can't get by without some changes):

1.  The following text is repeated in both section 3.5.2 and
    jobCodedCharSet.  I do not believe that it is needed in both places.
    Since the text for jobCodedCharSet also references section 3.5.2, this
    text could be removed from either place.  However, I would rather see
    it remain with jobCodedCharSet.

    "If the agent does not know what coded character set was used by the 
     job submitting client, the agent shall either (1) return the
     'unknown(2)' value for the jobCodedCharSet attribute or (2) not
     return the jobCodedCharSet attribute for the job."

2.  In the description for jmJobStateReasons, line 2984 in the .pdf
    version without revisions, the word "the" is repeated.

3.  A reference to the "Job Submission Protocol Mapping Recommendations
    for the Job Monitoring MIB" RFC should be included.  Could be in the
    Introduction section or Appendix B.  (Any other place better?)

	Ron