Subject: JMP> MOD - Agreed changes to IPP/JMP "job-state" and "job-state-reasons"

From: Tom Hastings <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 12:54:46 PDT

I've cross-posted the agreements on the job-state/jmJobState and 
job-state-reasons /jmJobStateReason1 attributes/object specifications
for IPP and JMP.  

In addition to the JMP changes listed in Ron's list, the JMP agreed to
remove the finishing enums that IPP removed (because of a lack of a
coordinate system specification for stapling), add private enum range for
attributes to agree with IPP, and add 'job-interpreting', and add
'jobInterpreting', 'jobQueued', and 'jobTransforming' to JMP
jmJobStateReasons1 to align with the recent additions to IPP
"job-state-reasons" attribute.  Only the 'jobInterpreting' is to be included
in the jmJobStateReasons1 object.

The file has the complete specifications for each of the attributes/objects
for IPP and JMP:

  ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_MOD/
  ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/jmp/contributions/
-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg        71168 Sep 23 19:40 statreas.doc
-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg        64184 Sep 23 19:40 statreas.pdf
-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg        26237 May 16 05:01 sepstate.txt

The .pdf has red revision marks to show the changes.

Scott will be replacing the "job-state" and "job-state-reasons" sections
in the Job Model spec with the IPP text.

Thanks,
Tom