Subject: JMP> Can omit jobCodedCharSet(7) if char set unknown

From: Tom Hastings <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 19:15:22 PDT

In the discussion of the jobCodedCharSet it clearly says what an agent
can do if it does not know what the coded character set that the job
submitter uses in specifying attributes:

If the agent doesn't know what the coded character set that the job
submitting client used when submitting the job, the agent SHALL either (1)
omit the jobCodedCharSet attribute or (2) return the value 'unknown(2)' as
the value of the jobCodedCharSet attribute.

Unfortuately, I seemed to have omitted choice (1) from the actual text:

jobCodedCharSet(7)

If the agent does not know what coded character set was used by the job
submitting client, the agent SHALL return the 'unknown(2)' value for the
jobCodedCharSet attribute for the job.  See Section 3.5.2, entitled
''JmJobStringTC' for text generated by the job submitter.

I propose to change the text to:

If the agent does not know what coded character set was used by the job
submitting client, the agent SHALL either (1) return the 'unknown(2)' value
for the jobCodedCharSet attribute or (2) not return the jobCodedCharSet
attribute for the job.  See Section 3.5.2, entitled ''JmJobStringTC' for
text generated by the job submitter.

Same change to 3.5.2.

Ok?

Tom