Subject: JMP> serviceOffline

From: Harry Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 12:16:45 -0400

BACKGROUND -- In Redmond, we moved processingToStopPoint from job state reasons
2 to job state reasons 1 as we agreed to use this reason to distinguish a
CANCEL state where sheets might still be cleared from the paper path from a
CANCEL operation that  has completed.

PROBLEM -- In prototyping, we find one other job state reason which we feel is
useful enough to be migrated into the (mandatory) job state reasons 1 category.
This reason is serviceOffLine.

CLARIFICATION --  First, I am seeking agreement from the JMP that using job
state reason serviceOffLine is valid when the printer is off-line. (I know...
we usually get really tied up whenever the word off-line is used in
conversation). If so, do you agree that Off-line is a common, likely or
significant enough condition to warrant becoming part of the "reasons 1" group.

PROPOSAL -- I'd like to propose this simple change be added to Tom's pending
draft, if possible, so I'm asking for discussion and straw poll (assuming the
Chair deems this appropriate).

Thanks.

Harry Lewis - IBM Printing Systems

---

From: Ron Bergman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 16:24:05 -0700 (PDT)

Harry,

I support your proposal.  There appears to be bits available for this
change.

If anyone objects, please respond asap so this issue can be closed.

	Ron Bergman