Subject: JMP> The Job Monitoring MIB WG is NOT chartered???

From: JK Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 23:29:00 -0400 (EDT)

This snippet comes from Randy Turner's recent IPP minutes
from the IETF plenary last week:

   One note about the job MIB. Keith Moore, our area director for
   applications, noted that there is no formal IETF working group
   chartered for the Job MIB effort. Further, there may be problems
   with IPP achieving "proposed" status if IPP documents reference
   such other documents. He reiterated that the Printer Working
   Group had submitted an extension to the Printer MIB working 
   group's charter to include the Job MIB, but that the request
   was rejected by the IESG, so there may be a problem here.

I have not yet spoken with Randy about exactly what went on,
but perhaps someone else (maybe the PMP chairpersons) can
comment on this?

	...jay

---

From: Chris Wellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 22:35:20 -0700 (PDT)

Neither Lloyd Young nor I received notification from the IESG
that the Job MIB charter was rejected.  I just sent off some
email requesting a clarification.  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--==--==--==-  Chris Wellens             
==--==--==--=  Email: [email-masked]     Web: http://www.iwl.com/
--==--==--==-  InterWorking Labs, Inc.   244 Santa Cruz Ave, Aptos, CA 95003
==--==--==--=  Tel:  +1 408 685 3190     Fax:  +1 408 662 9065
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------