Subject: JMP> Internet-Draft draft-ietf-printmib-job-monitor-02.txt posted (internal version V0.83)

From: Tom Hastings <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 08:11:54 PDT

I've posted the usual files for version V0.83:

ftp::/ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/jmp/mibs
-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg       113517 Jul 18 15:06 jmp-mib.mib
-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg       285912 Jul 18 14:24 jmp-mib.pdf
-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg       197357 Jul 18 14:19 jmp-mib.txt
-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg       387584 Jul 18 14:29 jmp-mibr.doc
-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg       368368 Jul 18 14:25 jmp-mibr.pdf
-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg       379887 Jul 18 14:25 jmp-mibr.pdr
-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg         8054 Jul 18 14:07 jmp.dic

The jmp-mib.pdf is without revision marks and has line numbers.  This
is the version that JMP should make any comments against.

The jmp-mib.txt == draft-ietf-printmib-job-monitor-02.txt
The jmp-mibr.doc is with revision marks.
The jmp-mibr.pdr is with red revision marks.
The jmp-mibr.pdf is with black revision marks.
The jmp-mib.mib file compiles with one warning (assignment of the
temporary OID).

I've also posted a copy of the plain text in the internet drafts
(and sent it in to the IETF for publication)
ftp::/ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/jmp/internet-drafts/
-rw-r--r--  1 pwg pwg 189247 Apr 29 01:00 draft-ietf-printmib-job-monitor-00.txt
-rw-r--r--  1 pwg pwg 190215 Jun 11 08:33 draft-ietf-printmib-job-monitor-01.txt
-rw-r--r--  1 pwg pwg 197357 Jul 18 14:09 draft-ietf-printmib-job-monitor-02.txt

Sixth draft MIB that corresponds to the changes agreed to at the JMP
meeting, on Friday, 6/27/97.  The major changes were to move the jobOwner
attribute to the jmJobTable, so that no attributes are MANDATORY.  However,
we agreed to restore Ron's requirement that an attribute SHALL be
implemented, if the server or device implements the corresponding
functionality and it is available to the agent.  We also deleted the
deviceAlertCode attribute since it is in the Printer MIB.  We deleted the
timeSinceXxxx attributes since they can be computed from other attributes.  

We agreed to make the random number and sequential numbers in the
jmJobSubmissionID be last, so that a partial ID could be specified in a
GetNext and step through all jobs with the same more significant part of
jmJobSubmissionID.  Harry and I had an action item about the use of IMPLIED
and its interaction with such a specification.  We have agreed that making
jmJobSubmissionID fixed length with trailing spaces before the 8-digit
number works with V1 and V2, since no length tag shall be present for fixed
length.  See the change history in the separate file: changes.doc  .pdf.  

We agreed that the MIB specification is finished except for any editorial
comments that people may have.  We resolved all PWG issues.  I've included
Ron Bergman's and David Perkin's extensive editorial comments.  Three issues
came from IETF reviewers (David Perkins), which have not been resolved.  See
the separate issues.doc and .pdf file.