Subject: JMP> Counts in version 0.83 Specification

From: Ron Bergman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 20:35:25 -0700 (PDT)

Tom,

This version is getting very close!  Thank you for all your work in
getting this completed.  I have a number of editorial comments which
I will send later.  First a non-editorial comment.

The Abstact (page 1) and the Introduction (page 8) contain counts of 
the objects in the MIB.  The Abstract defines the total and the
Introduction defines the numbr of objects in each group.  I feel that
this is detail that is not needed and can easily be derived by anyone
who really needs these counts.  My fear is that changes to the MIB
will not be reflected in changes to these counts.  In fact, of the
five counts presented, only one is correct!

This same comment was made in my review of version 0.82 and was not
incorporated in the document.  What is the justification for these
counts?  (I believe that you have included them due to the original
concerns of PWG members that the MIB was too large.)  The job of the
editor will certainly be easier now and in the future without this
amount of detail.

I propose that these counts be removed and am calling for a straw
vote on this proposal.  If anyone can provide a good justification
for retaining this data, I will withdraw my request.

	Ron Bergman
	Dataproducts Corp.