Subject: JMP> Changes to make V0.84 from V0.83

From: Tom Hastings <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 16:54:40 PDT

V0.83 has many editorial changes from Ron and David Perkins 
and a few substantive changes, such as moving jobOwner from the 
attribute table to the job table from the agreements at the Nashua
meeting.

V0.84 has Ron's recent 5 sets of editorial changes, a change
to printer-resolution to agree with IPP, so the syntax changes from
an enum to 9 binary octets: 4 cross-feed, 4 feed, and one enum, inches
or cm which means that the attribute changes from Integer32 to Octets.
Also the clarification of job format id 0 is job owner for
the agent and adding format 8 which is job owner for the client.

There are 4 remaining issues: 2 from David Perkins about char sets, 
1 Ron's comments about getting rid of other(1) for jmJobState,
and one from Harry and Bob about nested jobs.

We've closed the split the job attribute table suggestion from David
Perkins and said we are NOT splitting the table.

Tom

>Return-Path: <[email-masked]>
>X-Sender: hastings@zazen (Unverified)
>Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 16:29:29 PDT
>To: [email-masked]
>From: Tom Hastings <[email-masked]>
>Subject: JMP> Version 0.84 posted and sent as an I-D
>Sender: [email-masked]
>
>I've posted the usual files for version V0.84 which corresponds to
>Internet-Draft: draft-ietf-printmib-job-monitor-04.txt:
>
>ftp::/ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/jmp/mibs
>-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg       112534 Jul 30 23:23 jmp-mib.mib
>-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg       265352 Jul 30 23:24 jmp-mib.pdf
>-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg       197684 Jul 30 23:24 jmp-mib.txt
>-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg       337920 Jul 30 23:25 jmp-mibr.doc
>-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg       294852 Jul 30 23:25 jmp-mibr.pdf
>-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg       299583 Jul 30 23:25 jmp-mibr.pdr
>-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg         8054 Jul 30 23:26 jmp.dic
>
>The jmp-mib.pdf is without revision marks and has line numbers.  This
>is the version that JMP should make any comments against.
>
>The jmp-mib.txt == draft-ietf-printmib-job-monitor-02.txt
>The jmp-mibr.doc is with revision marks.
>The jmp-mibr.pdr is with red revision marks.
>The jmp-mibr.pdf is with black revision marks.
>The jmp-mib.mib file compiles with one warning (assignment of the
>temporary OID).
>
>I've also posted a copy of the plain text in the internet drafts
>(and sent it in to the IETF for publication)
>
>ftp::/ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/jmp/internet-drafts/
>-rw-r--r-- 1 pwg pwg 189247 Apr 29 01:00 draft-ietf-printmib-job-monitor-00.txt
>-rw-r--r-- 1 pwg pwg 190215 Jun 11 08:33 draft-ietf-printmib-job-monitor-01.txt
>-rw-r--r-- 1 pwg pwg 197357 Jul 18 14:09 draft-ietf-printmib-job-monitor-02.txt
>-rw-r--r-- 1 pwg pwg 197684 Jul 30 22:51 draft-ietf-printmib-job-monitor-04.txt
>
>
>