Subject: JMP> Issues list with results from Nashua meeting

From: Tom Hastings <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 1997 18:02:11 PDT

I've posted the issues list from the Nashua meeting:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/jmp/contributions/
-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg        98816 Jul 10 00:51 issues.doc
-rw-rw-r--   1 pwg      pwg       111444 Jul 10 00:51 issues.pdf
-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg       112870 Jul 10 00:51 issues.pdr
-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg        70001 Jul 10 00:51 issues.txt

I've also posted the updated OID list for the MIB:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/jmp/contributions/
-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg        14336 Jul 10 00:53 jmp-oids.doc
-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg         8777 Jul 10 00:53 jmp-oids.pdf
-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg         2826 Jul 10 00:53 jmp-oids.txt

It contains the changes agreed to at Nashua, plus fixing the apparently
illegal indexing that we had in V0.82 that David Perkins pointed out
in his comments on our MIB.

His comments also raised a couple of other issues which I have included
as new issues:

  a. whether to split the attribute table into integers and octet strings or not
  b. how does the application determine the coded character set of the
     textual data of the objects and attributes that are textual.

Regretably, I did not see his mail in time for the Friday JMP meeting, so 
that we could have discussed his issues.  I'll send his comments in a
separate mail message.

Tom