Subject: JMP> PRO - Change to the JmPrinterResolutionTC

From: Tom Hastings <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 17:01:49 PDT

In order to align JMP with IPP, I'm changing the JmPrinterResolutionTC to
the following:

JmPrinterResolutionTC ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION
STATUS      current
DESCRIPTION
"Printer resolutions.  

Nine octets consisting of two 4-octet SIGNED-INTEGERs followed by a
SIGNED-BYTE.  The values are the same as those specified in the Printer MIB
[printmib]. The first SIGNED-INTEGER contains the value of
prtMarkerAddressabilityXFeedDir.  The second SIGNED-INTEGER contains the
value of prtMarkerAddressabilityFeedDir.  The SIGNED-BYTE contains the value
of prtMarkerAddressabilityUnit.  

Note: the latter value is either 3 (tenThousandsOfInches) or 4 (micrometers)
and the addressability is in 10,000 units of measure. Thus the
SIGNED-INTEGERS represent integral values in either dots-per-inch or
dots-per-centimeter.

The syntax is the same as the IPP 'printer-resolution' attribute.  See
Section 3.6.1.2."
SYNTAX      OCTET STRING (SIZE(9))

and changing the two attribute affected to use OCTETS:

printerResolutionRequested(72),	JmPrinterResolutionTC
OCTETS:  MULTI-ROW:  The printer resolution requested for a document in the
job for printers that support resolution selection.

printerResolutionUsed(73),	JmPrinterResolutionTC
OCTETS:  MULTI-ROW:  The printer resolution actually used by a document in
the job for printers that support resolution selection.