Subject: JMP> Comments regarding Comments from Xerox Developers

From: Ron Bergman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 11:54:37 -0700 (PDT)

ISSUE 88 - Add jmGeneralNumberOfJobsProcessed

Since this proposed object has the same range as jmJobIndex, it
does not provide any added value.  It will always be equal to
jmJobIndex.

ISSUE 89 - Add jmGeneralAttributesImplemented object with bits for
each attribute implemented

I do not know how valuable this object would be to a management
application.  Unless Jay Martin and David Kellerman indicate strong
support, I would reject this request.

ISSUE 90 - The (MANDATORY) OCTET STRING objects should have a
minimum MAX size required

ISSUE 91 - The MANDATORY jobOwner attribute should have a minimum
MAX size required

I do not have a strong opinion on these issues.  I would support
this as long as a strong objection is not raised

More on the other issues later.

	Ron Bergman