Subject: JMP> PJL command for jmJobSubmissionIDIndex

From: Bob Pentecost <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 14:31:03 -0600

At the San Diego meeting I agreed to provide some PJL job submission 
information that could be added to an appendix of the Job Monitoring MIB. 
Below is the suggested wording.

Bob Pentecost
HP
========================================

Hewlett-Packard's Printer Job Language provides job-level printer control 
and printer status information to applications. The PJL JOB command is used 
at the beginning of a print job and can include options applying only to 
that job. A PJL JOB command option has been defined to facilitate passing 
the JobSubmissionID with the print job, as required by the Job Monitoring 
MIB. The option is of the form:

     SUBMISSIONID = "id string"

Where the "id string" is a string and must be enclosed in double quotes. 
The format is as described for the jmJobSubmissionIDIndex object.

The entire PJL JOB command with the optional parameter would be of the 
form:

     @PJL JOB SUBMISSIONID = "id string"

See "Printer Job Language Technical Reference Manual", part number 
5021-0328, from Hewlett-Packard for complete information on the the PJL JOB 
command and the Printer Job Language.

---

From: JK Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 16:56:57 -0400 (EDT)

Outstanding, Bob.  This would be very beneficial for Job MIB use.

	...jay

----- Begin Included Message -----

>From [email-masked] Fri May 30 16:36 EDT 1997
From: Bob Pentecost <[email-masked]>
To: "'PWG-jmp'" <[email-masked]>
Subject: JMP> PJL command for jmJobSubmissionIDIndex
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 14:31:03 -0600
Encoding: 32 TEXT

Bob Pentecost
HP

----- End Included Message -----