Subject: JMP> Harry's Job Monitoring MIB explanation document

From: Tom Hastings <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 23:33:12 PDT

Harry contributed a very helpful explanation of the Job Monitoring MIB
just after the Austin meeting.

For those of you who are having trouble with understanding the Job Monitoring
MIB (or who are trying to understand it by reading the e-mail that
discussing issues about it), you should read Harry's explanation.  Its only
15 pages 
long and has some nice summary tables.  I'm bringing copies with me to the 
meeting for those who didn't see it. 

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/jmp/contributions/
-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg        94358 Apr  7 22:33 Jmpexp.pdf

Also it would help a great deal for those attending the JMP meeting this
Friday to please read the MIB itself:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/jmp/mibs/
-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg       275477 Apr 29 00:36 jmp-mibv.pdf

Tom

>Return-Path: <[email-masked]>
>From: Harry Lewis <[email-masked]>
>To: <[email-masked]>
>Subject: JMP> Job MIB related files
>Date: Mon, 7 Apr 1997 16:01:23 PDT
>Sender: [email-masked]
>
>Classification:
>Prologue:
>Epilogue: Harry Lewis - IBM Printing Systems
>
>I think we came to some fairly stable agreements at the Austin meeting and we
>need to get things in shape quickly for the IETF submission. Tom, Ron and I
>stayed a few hrs after the meeting, Friday, to jump start the presentation.
>While Tom's document is ultimately the most authoritative, it is also very
>detailed and may take quite a lot of work to bring around. Thus, I composed a
>brief .PDF document which I am calling an "explanation". In it, I tried to
>share more of our prototype experience with some findings on table size etc. I
>also updated the presentation I gave at the meeting. Both are available on the
>server now.
>
> ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/jmp/contributions/Jmpexp.pdf  (the explanation)
>                                      /pwgjm.PDF   (presentation)
>
>Both of these are intended to accurately reflect the consensus reached at
>Friday's meeting and may be useful in approaching the IETF. I have placed these
>documents at the disposal of the PWG for this purpose and to aid in
>understanding the Job MIB. Please let me know if there are any corrections,
>comments etc.
>
>Harry Lewis - IBM Printing Systems
>
>