Subject: JMP> 4 tools to help produce IETF plain text documents (RFCs, MIBs)

From: Tom Hastings <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 11:21:25 PDT

Ira McDonald has added two more tools to the ones we had before in:

  ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/tools/

-rw-rw-r--   1 pwg      pwg        27360 Apr 14 18:14 cscan.exe
-rw-rw-r--   1 pwg      pwg        26240 Apr 14 18:14 maxln.exe
-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg        30032 Apr 14 18:15 overx.exe
-rw-rw-r--   1 pwg      pwg         1089 Dec  2 19:04 readme-maxln-cscan.txt
-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg        27440 Apr 14 18:16 strip.exe

The new ones are:

overx.exe undoes the overstriking that the generic text driver uses
so that the generic text driver can be used to produce plain text
from MS-WORD.

strip.exe removes any bad control characters.

The existing ones scan for bad characters and look for long lines.

Could we put these tools on our PWG web page?

Thanks much to Ira for this help!!
Tom

Return-Path: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 97 21:59:18 EDT
From: [email-masked] (Ira Mcdonald x10962)
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: Four Text Tools - 'overx' overstrike merge utility

Hi Tom,                                         Saturday (12 April 1997)

I have just posted new copies of my little utilities to our file server
in '/pub/mib/iratools/bin', including my new 'overx' utility (merges
overstrike lines in text files).  The others are: 'cscan' (count control
characters and graphic characters in text files); 'maxln' (count lines
longer than a 'fence' column in text files); and 'strip' (remove all
control characters and graphic characters in text files).  You are
welcome to post these (16-bit) MS-DOS binaries to the PWG's server.

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald