Subject: JMP> Additions to Job MIB

From: Harry Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 17:40:19 -0500

Classification:
Prologue:
Epilogue: Harry Lewis - IBM Printing Systems

I'm looking at the 3/14 version of the job MIB and some things look rather new
to me. For example,
in the jmGeneral group, we now have a jobSetName, NumberofJobstoComplete,
and NumberofJobsCompleted. I don't recall discussing these changes, I'm
wondering about
the rational for including them. Did I miss some meetings? Is this an attempt
to harmonize with
IPP? Maybe these things were always there and I've just overlooked them.

Harry Lewis - IBM Printing Systems

---

From: Tom Hastings <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 09:08:43 PST

Harry,

These were things discussed on some telecon and in the issues list.

I put then in, since they seemed like non-controversial things.

We can discuss them further at the upcoming JMP meeting.

The jmJobSetName will be the queue name, the printer name or the
server name, depending on how job sets are realized.  I've added
a bunch of text to explain things that people are having trouble
understanding in the Internet Draft which I am still trying to
convert to plain text.

Tom

---

From: Ron Bergman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 08:18:29 -0800 (PST)

Harry, 

>From the minutes of the February 27 conference call:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
II. Review of Keith Carters (OS/2) comments on the job MIB from Feb 4).

>>> snip ... snip >>>

  *  Page 49 - Should MIB provide jmGeneralNumberOfJobsQueued
  and jmGeneralNumberOfJobsComplete so a network management
  application can summarize the current status of the printer?

Tom will add an object that indicates the number of jobs to complete 
which includes both jobs queued and jobs currently being processed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course this decision is still open to review.  We can discuss
further in Austin.

	Ron Bergman