Subject: Re: JMP> Resource table entry

From: [email-masked] (Ira Mcdonald x10962)
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 12:59:06 PST

Hi Harry,

I would THINK that the order of the indices for the Resource Table
should be
INDEX { jmJobSetIndex,
        jmJobIdentifier,
        jmResourceType,
        jmResourceIndex }

Therefore, yes the table contents should be

jmResourceType -- first, because it's the leftmost self-index object
jmResourceIndex
jmResourceUnits
jmResourceValueAsInteger
jmResourceValueAsText

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald

PS - The 4-deep Resource indices was originally my suggestion to
Tom Hastings, here at Xerox.

---

From: Tom Hastings <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 18:29:57 PST

Some minor tweaks on what Ira said.

Tom

>I would THINK that the order of the indices for the Resource Table
which we are calling jmJobIndex

>jmResourceType -- first, because it's the leftmost self-index object
We agreed to get rid of the units object as well and make the units
be specified by the jmResourceType.  This may increase the number of
enums slightly, for when we want to have more than one kind of units
for some information, such as time (ticks and DateAndTime).  But its clearer
and simpler.