Subject: Re: JMP> New text for MIB Abstract section

From: Tom Hastings <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 15:03:40 PST

Ron,

I took another look at the Abstract and took the liberty of adding 
points (2) and (3) for the Internet draft 00, since our MIB is also 
providing such capability"

Abstract

This Internet-Draft specifies a set of SNMP MIB objects for (1) monitoring
the status and progress of print jobs (2) obtaining resource requirements
before a job is processed, (3) monitoring resource consumption while a job
is being processed and (4) collecting resource accounting data after the
completion of a job.  This MIB is intended to be implemented in printers or
a server that supports one or more printers.  Use of the object set is not
limited to printing.  However, support for services other than printing is
outside the scope of this Job Monitoring MIB.  Future extensions to this MIB
may include, but are not limited to, fax machines and scanners.

Ok?

Tom

At 11:13 02/15/97 PST, Ron Bergman wrote:
>Proposed change to the "Abstact" text on the first page of the MIB
>document.  This is simply a rewording and format change to the 
>existing text.  I have also added a sentence at the end regarding
>extensions of the MIB for fax and scanners.
>
>IS:
>-----------------------------------------------------------------------
>Abstract
>
>This Internet-Draft specifies a job monitoring MIB that contains a 
>set of objects for monitoring of the status and progress of print 
>jobs and to obtain resource accounting data at the completion of a 
>job using SNMP.  
>This MIB is intended to be implemented in printers or the server 
>that supports one or more printers.  
>Use of the object set is not limited to printing.  However, support 
>for services other than printing is outside the scope of this Job 
>Monitoring MIB.
>-----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>CHANGE TO:
>-----------------------------------------------------------------------
>Abstract
>
>This Internet-Draft specifies a set of MIB objects for monitoring 
>the status and progress of print jobs and to obtain resource 
>accounting data at the completion of a job using SNMP.  This MIB is 
>intended to be implemented in printers or the server that supports 
>one or more printers.  Use of the object set is not limited to 
>printing.  However, support for services other than printing is 
>outside the scope of this Job Monitoring MIB.  Future extensions to 
>this MIB may include, but are not limited to, fax machines and 
>scanners.
>-----------------------------------------------------------------------
>-----------------------------------------------------------------------
>	Ron Bergman
>	Dataproducts Corp.
>	[email-masked]
>	(805)578-4421
>
>
>