Subject: JMP> Output Bin Attribute

From: Harry Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 19:28:15 -0500

Classification:
Prologue:
Epilogue: Harry Lewis - IBM Printing Systems

Why is outputBin (the jmAttributeTC) defined as TEXT rather than an index into
the associated Printer MIB (like jobSourceChannelIndex)?

Harry Lewis - IBM Printing Systems

---

From: Tom Hastings <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 18:19:07 PST

So that the Job Monitoring MIB can be used with a server that hasn't 
implemented the Printer MIB.

We could add a second enum that has a value that is the output bin
index for those implementations that have a Printer MIB, should we?

(I think its better to add a second enum, instead of saying that this
outputBin enum could have either a text value or an integer (index) 
value or both, correct?)

Tom

---

From: Harry Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 23:22:36 -0500

Classification:
Prologue:

Tom, thanks for reminding me. If this is the case, then I  think we should add
the extra enum for treating outputbin as an index into the printer MIB for
printer implementation.

--- Forwarded by Harry Lewis/Boulder/IBM on 03/17/97 09:14 PM ---
        [email-masked]
        03/17/97 07:31 PM

To: Harry Lewis/Boulder/IBM@IBMUS
cc: [email-masked]@internet
Subject: Re: JMP> Output Bin Attribute

Tom

---

From: Bob Pentecost <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 11:02:21 -0700

This looks good to me. The printer can have a simple enum index pointing 
into the Printer MIB. If a server is working with a printer that has 
implemented the Job Monitoring MIB and the Printer MIB, then the server can 
go to the printer's Printer MIB and find an appropriate string to put in 
its own Job Monitoring MIB.

If the server is returning text, what about localization? The Printer MIB 
localizes prtOutputDescription, will the server just return that string, 
however it is localized?

Bob Pentecost
HP

----------
From:  Harry Lewis[SMTP:[email-masked]]
Sent:  Monday, March 17, 1997 9:23 PM
To:  [email-masked]
Subject:  Re: JMP> Output Bin Attribute

Classification:
Prologue:

Tom, thanks for reminding me. If this is the case, then I  think we should 
add
the extra enum for treating outputbin as an index into the printer MIB for
printer implementation.

--- Forwarded by Harry Lewis/Boulder/IBM on 03/17/97 09:14 PM ---
        [email-masked]
        03/17/97 07:31 PM

Tom