Subject: JMP> ACTION: fill out job submision protocols for job id attributes

From: Tom Hastings <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 14:25:10 PST

I've created a new template with just the job id attributes and posted in:

  ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/jmp/protomap/

-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg        17920 Feb 28 21:39 jmtmplt1.doc

I moved all of the stuff we did last June into the sub-directory historic/

At the Feb 19 meeting we agreed to the following action item:

ACTION ITEM (responsible persons indicated below): Map the job
identification objects of the current Job Monitoring MIB to their assigned
job submission protocol, so that we can make sure that the specification of
each object is clear.  The resulting mapping will be incorporated into
Appendix A of the Job Monitoring MIB.  As a second step we will add all of
the rest of the Job Monitoring MIB objects.

Please fill out your templates by next Wednesday, March 5.

Here are the steps:

1.	Copy jmtmplt1.doc from ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/jmp/protomap/jmtmplt1.doc.
2.	Fill in the first five lines of information about your job submission
protocol immediately after the "cut here" line.
3.	Delete the template before and including the "cut here".
4.	Edit in the name of each of the job submission protocol attributes that
corresponds to each of the object/attribute from the brainstorm list in the
table below.
5.	For objects/attributes that do not have a corresponding attribute in your
job submission protocol, please enter just a - (hyphen).
6.	If you aren't sure whether the job attribute you found is correct, put a
question mark after the name of your job submission protocol attribute.
7.	Add any notes to the last column labeled NOTES.
8.	Rename your file to the xxx.doc file name indicated below for your job
submission protocol.
9.	Post your file in:
    ftp://ftp.external.hp.com/snmpmib/jobs-mib/protomap/xxx.doc
10.	Send mail to the jmp list indicating that you have posted your mapping.

I've already copied all of the original files into the historic
sub-directory under protomap/, so you can use the same file name as before.

Job Submission Protocol	file name	Responsible person
----------------------- ---------       ------------------
.	AppleTalk PAP	applepap.doc	Ron Bergman
.	IPDS	        ipds.doc	Harry Lewis
.	ISO DPA	        iso-dpa.doc	Tom Hastings
.	LPR/LPD - RFC 1179, PSIS extensions
 	                lpr-lpd.doc	Ron Bergman
.	NDPS	        ndps.doc	Craig Whittle
.	PJL	        pjl.doc	        Bob Pennacost
.	PostScript	ps.doc	        Bob Setterbo
.	PSERVER	        pserver.doc	Craig Whittle
.	RPRINTER	rprinter.doc	Craig Whittle
.	SMB	        smb.doc	        Bob Setterbo
.	TIPSI/NPAP	tipsi.doc	Don Wright
 
For convenience, I have copied the full description of each of the objects
that we are mapping to job submission protocols.  In the table is a short
description of each object, but the full text is what you should use to pick
the curresponding attribute in your job submission protocol.