Subject: JMP> New text for MIB Abstract section

From: Ron Bergman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1997 11:13:40 -0800 (PST)

Proposed change to the "Abstact" text on the first page of the MIB
document.  This is simply a rewording and format change to the 
existing text.  I have also added a sentence at the end regarding
extensions of the MIB for fax and scanners.

IS:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Abstract

This Internet-Draft specifies a job monitoring MIB that contains a 
set of objects for monitoring of the status and progress of print 
jobs and to obtain resource accounting data at the completion of a 
job using SNMP.  
This MIB is intended to be implemented in printers or the server 
that supports one or more printers.  
Use of the object set is not limited to printing.  However, support 
for services other than printing is outside the scope of this Job 
Monitoring MIB.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

CHANGE TO:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Abstract

This Internet-Draft specifies a set of MIB objects for monitoring 
the status and progress of print jobs and to obtain resource 
accounting data at the completion of a job using SNMP.  This MIB is 
intended to be implemented in printers or the server that supports 
one or more printers.  Use of the object set is not limited to 
printing.  However, support for services other than printing is 
outside the scope of this Job Monitoring MIB.  Future extensions to 
this MIB may include, but are not limited to, fax machines and 
scanners.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
	Ron Bergman
	Dataproducts Corp.
	[email-masked]
	(805)578-4421