Subject: JMP> Can SENSE assist in the Trap problems of the Job Monitoring MIB?

From: JK Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 1997 04:17:17 -0500

The minutes of the JMP session in Albuquerque included the following
(slightly edited for inclusion here):

- Do we want to tackle Traps and/or notification?  YES
  More clients - polling worsens as things get busy. Trap may never
  arrive.  With traps, you would still poll at more relaxed rate in
  case traps get lost.
  Does SENSE solve the problem?
  Why hasn’t SENSE focused on Traps (apparently). Or has it?

SENSE does not focus on Traps, but rather provides an interface to
acquire the same information provided by a Trap (and more).

I plan to describe this capability in detail at the upcoming PWG
meeting in early February.  For those of you attending the preceding
interoperability testing, you'll be able to witness this capability
via a live demo of Underscore's "PrintAlert" product that is based
on the SENSE reference implementation.

	...jay

----------------------------------------------------------------------
--  JK Martin               |  Email:   [email-masked]          --
--  Underscore, Inc.        |  Voice:   (603) 889-7000              --
--  41C Sagamore Park Road  |  Fax:     (603) 889-2699              --
--  Hudson, NH 03015-4915   |  Web:     http://www.underscore.com   --
----------------------------------------------------------------------