Subject: IPP> News from Jeff Clark...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 19:24:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

This e-mail is going out to everyone I've somehow shared e-mail addresses
 with over the past three years.

The big news is that after 15 years in high-tech., I left Tektronix Inc. 
in February 1998 to start a new business.

CFS Nutrition - "Feed Your Health" TM, 
(CFS is short for Clark's Food Supplement)

We are on-line, stocked with product, and open for business !!

I'm sure you are wondering, "What does a guy with 15 years of electronics 
experience know about health and nutrition ?"

Well, I'm an expert at not being healthy.  For 11 years I suffered from 
CFIDS (Chronic Fatigue & Immune Disorder Syndrome). My condition 
was characterized by chronic underweight, inexplicable food allergies, 
impoverished energy levels, colds all the time, frequent bouts of inability to 
concentrate, depression, stress intolerance, and just plain raw nerves.

But, no more.  I've been able to resolve my own situation.  I've gained 45 
pounds of weight (a very good thing in my case) and have learned a lot 
about health and nutrition.  I look and feel 10 times better at age 39, than I 
did at age 29.

Along the way I discovered that businesses selling vitamins and food 
supplements were not doing a good enough job serving the consumer. I 
also learned that most of us are receiving inadequate nutrition for optimal 
health.  We all get plenty of calories, that's seldom an issue.

Knowledge, or more precisely, the lack of nutrition knowledge, is the 
biggest barrier to optimum health.  CFS Nutrition addresses this issue by 
being a supplier of nutrition programs -- comprehensive collections of 
supplements that complement and leverage each other.  Your good health is 
fueled by an array of nutrients, not just calories.  Relying solely on a diet of 
mass produced foodstuffs leaves ones nutritional status totally open to 
chance.

Convenience is another big issue.  Who has time to sort through 15 vitamin 
bottles every day or so?  We solve this problem by appropriately combining 
supplements into tablets and capsules and then bagging them into daily dose 
packets.  We ship direct to the consumer in 72 hours, so our customers 
don't even have to leave their home or office to acquire our products.

Our prices are at least 50% below what consumers would expect to pay if 
they were to go out and purchase all the required vitamin bottles at the local 
health food store.  When people buy from us, no matter where they live, 
they are making a purchase in Oregon, a state with no sales tax what-so-
ever, another savings.

Food supplements sold by CFS Nutrition are the result of collaboration 
with a Ph.D. Pharmacist who has more than 25 years experience in the 
pharmaceutical and nutritional supplement industries. The quality we deliver 
is the highest available. Our products have all been produced and packaged 
at FDA inspected and approved manufacturing facilities.  All of our 
supplements meet USP (United States Pharmacopeia) standards for quality, 
purity, and potency.

So visit our web site: "www.CFSN.com".  We take orders 24 hours a day, 
7 days a week by secure (encrypted) web server, or by toll free telephone 
number 1-888-801-CFSN.  We accept Visa, MasterCard, American 
Express and Discover.  All sales have an unconditional money back 
guarantee.

Feel free to forward this e-mail on to anyone that might be interested.

Wishing you the best in health and happiness!

Jeff Clark

PS Read on if you're interested in what I've learned about:

AGING & LONGEVITY 
OVEREATING
UNDERWEIGHT
CHRONIC FATIGUE
CANDIDA ALBICANS
CANCER
HEART DISEASE
SMOKING
ALCOHOL ABUSE
PAIN RELIEVERS
STRONG IMMUNITIES
WELL BEING
----------------
AGING & LONGEVITY 

Ever notice that some people age much faster ? The current scientific 
understanding about aging is that we "oxidize".  Accelerated oxidation 
speeds up programmed cell death, which determines the longevity of our 
bodies.  Your oxidation rates are the result of the oxidants in your body, and 
your status of antioxidation nutrients.  Pollutants accelerate oxidation, and 
nutritional antioxidants slow it down.

Antioxidants work together and leverage each other.  Vitamins B, C and E 
are well known, but do you know about Glutathione ?  There is an 
established correlation between ones "agedness" and body Glutathione 
levels.  The more "aged" you are, the less glutathione you have. Not only is 
Glutathione a powerful antioxidant, it facilitates the detoxification and 
excretion of many oxidizing pollutants and poisons.

OVEREATING

We all eat because we need food and feel hungry.  Most of us stop eating 
once we feel satisfied.  For people who's bodies naturally control weight, 
satisfaction comes long before one feels "stuffed".  Healthy food 
satisfaction has been shown to be positively influenced by adequate 
amounts of B vitamins.

Another reason people keep eating is because they sense they are not getting 
the energy they need from their food.  Surely everyone has experienced the 
mid-afternoon energy drain ? A shortage of the micro-trace element 
Chromium deprives a person of an important insulin cofactor.  It is believed 
a majority of people are lacking in this nutrient.

UNDERWEIGHT

There is a medical term called "catabolic wasting".  Your body is dissolving 
itself to make available nutrients it prioritizes higher than body mass. People 
starving, with cancer, AIDS, and CFIDS tend to experience this condition, 
as well as many in old age.  

It is a systemic fouling of digestion, absorption, and metabolism.  When 
you are well fed and in this state, your body is most likely poisoned, and 
lacking in beneficial activity from numerous nutrients.

CHRONIC FATIGUE

Energy processes can be disrupted and put into a state from which they 
seem unable to recover.  Many people have fallen down this hole, and not 
been able to get back out.  After many years of study, the only correlation 
that holds for most of the CFIDS population is depressed levels of 
Glutathione.

Glutathione can be depleted by a host of agents working alone or together.  
Environmental pollutants, tobacco smoke, alcohol abuse, acetaminophen, 
and mercury from dental fillings can all rob you of this most important 
health asset.

Eliminate the pollutants you can identify, and boost your glutathione and 
other nutrient levels.  Health and normal energy can be restored over time.

CANDIDA ALBICANS

If you don't know what this is, it's a common yeast that lives as a parasite in 
and on everyone.  For some people it just goes out of control in the GI 
track, and cannot be reined back.  Overuse of antibiotics can trigger it.  If 
you have ever received diarrhea from antibiotics, you may have a Candida 
problem and not realize it.  

People with a buildup of heavy metals can have this problem like a family 
curse. Energy fluctuations, various intestinal discomforts, and food allergies 
are hallmarks of the condition.

Weakened immunity is the reason.  A person needs to detoxify their 
accumulated poisons, and build up their glutathione, other nutrients, and 
friendly bacteria, while avoiding sugar at all costs. Candida can be defeated!  
But you must be diligent.

CANCER

The big C, it puts fear into all of our hearts.  There is another trace mineral 
called Selenium.  It is not evenly distributed in the soils.  Many places, 
including the NW US, are devoid of it.  The slow moving FDA has not yet 
declared it an essential element, because they have not yet determined a 
deficiency disease.

A number of health scientists are beginning to wonder if cancer might be 
that deficiency disease.  An essential component of the human immune 
system enzyme, Glutathione peroxidase, Selenium levels in soil and patients 
have been inversely correlated with cancer incidence rates, and cancer 
mortality rates.  The lower the Selenium, the higher the chance of death by 
cancer.  Visit our website for startling medical journal references on this 
mineral.

Being a micro-trace mineral, like Chromium, the opposite is not true.  The 
body doesn't regulate this mineral like it does copper, iron, calcium, 
magnesium, etc.. You can achieve toxicity by taking too much.  Not enough 
is bad, too much is bad.  A quality supplement taken no more than once a 
day assures over time that you are in the range for good health.

HEART DISEASE

Everyone is aware of "bad cholesterol" and now homocysteine.  Did you 
know that the reason these are bad is because they oxidize your blood 
vessels and heart tissues ?

The B vitamin niacin is well known to lower blood cholesterol.  Vitamin E 
is particularly important for protecting the heart tissues against oxidation.

In general, if you eliminate your accumulated poisons, and keep your total 
antioxidant status up, your heart will last a very long time.

SMOKING

"Puffing your life away, not looking for another day".  Smoking is really 
really bad for you.  Visit our website and read the many medical journal 
abstracts.

You can quit, you can detoxify, you can rebuild your nutritional status, it 
can all become a bad memory in an otherwise long and healthy life.

Smoking robs you of many nutrients and depletes your Glutathione stores.  
It's delivery of carcinogens is well established.

ALCOHOL ABUSE

Alcohol is not evil, though I've personally known a few alcoholics that I felt 
were themselves quite evil.  

Moderate, non-compulsive consumption of wines has long been associated 
with good health.  In the days before refrigeration, wine with a meal had an 
antiseptic effect on microorganisms that got to the food before the people 
did.  Today we know wine pigments have important antioxidant properties.

Alcohol abuse depletes the body of B vitamins, and yes, Glutathione.  Over 
the years the liver can be made severely dysfunctional and damaged.  
Unrestrained, alcoholism is an eventual cause of death.

A person has to break free of the addiction.  Regaining nutritional health is 
just as important for long life.  Nutrients can rebuild the body, and the liver 
can heal itself.  Milk Thistle Herb has been shown to be an effective liver 
protector, and stimulator for liver regeneration.

PAIN RELIEVERS

Do you regularly use acetaminophen ?  Did you know it depletes your body 
of Glutathione, and poisons your liver ?  Every year thousands of people 
die from liver failure due to acetaminophen poisoning, yet we hear nothing 
about it in the news.

The medical journals are full of studies on this "over the counter" poison. 
Visit our website, and see for yourself.

STRONG IMMUNITIES

Your bodies immune system has two major components for it's 
effectiveness: memories, and resources.

You gain immune memories by experiencing a pathogen.  Your body 
learns to identify and attack a collection of invaders over time.  We gain 
immunity to bacteria and viruses by being exposed to them.  When a 
known pathogen reappears, our body eliminates it quickly.  Or does it ?

The AIDS plague should teach all of us that the immune system needs 
more than just memories to function effectively.

Anitoxidant, B vitamin, Glutathione, toxin and trace mineral status's all 
combine with immune memories to determine our ability to resist cancers 
and invaders old or new.

Curiously, Selenium levels have also been inversely correlated with AIDS 
mortality rates.  The lower the Selenium of body and soil, the faster people 
die of AIDS.

WELL BEING

Happiness, respect for others, the ability to give and be nice to people, a 
result of mental state?, economic status ?, morality?, genetics?, upbringing ?  

Probably all of that, but there is more.  When you are not healthy, 
you are not happy. Being nice, and controlling emotions is 
what healthy people do best.

We are made of nutrients, not drugs.  Our bodies have inherent within 
them mechanisms and processes that provide good health.  They all require 
nutritional resources.  

Keeping those processes working properly 
-- making sure they have the required resources -- 
seems obvious.  Nutritional supplements are the least expensive, most 
comfortable, and most compelling medical insurance money can buy. 

Optimal nutrition benefits you every day you draw a breath.

When your body is well supplied, you are healthy, and so is your outlook 
on life. You just plain feel good.  

Interestingly, that helps the people around you feel good too!

God Bless You!

Jeff Clark