Subject: IPP> TES> Outbound binary request bug in NetScape Proxy V2

From: "Zehler,Peter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 08:15:54 PDT

All,
   At least in version 2 of the Netscape HTTP Proxy there is a problem.
The proxy does not handle outbound binary data very well.   Outbound
requests that contains an 0xFF are truncated at the 0xFF.  Inbound
traffic works fine.  This (I hope) is a bug in this particular version
of the Netscape Proxy Server.  (the current version is 2.5 and a
prerelease of 3.5 is available)  Just a heads up for anyone else testing
with a Netscape proxy in there way.

Pete

__________________________________        
Email:   [email-masked]
US Mail: Peter Zehler
         Xerox Corp.
         800 Phillips Rd.
         Webster NY, 14580-9701
Voice:   (716) 265-8755
FAX:     (716)265-8792
__________________________________        
"I always wanted to be somebody, 
  but I should have been more specific." 
                                         Lily Tomlin
__________________________________