Subject: Re: IPP> Job-URI vs. Job-Id: How would you handle moving jobs?

From: [email-masked] (Robert Herriot)
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 13:40:57 -0700

> From [email-masked] Tue Sep  9 13:20:06 1997
> 
> I can point you to a print system that is in use today that uses
> the concept of an independent job object (akin to a job-URL),
> and it is successful in solving the move-job problem.  The job is
> managed independent of the printer, making it very easy to move
> the job, and retain its identity.
> 

In DAZEL does a job have a single invariant identity for the duration
of the job, even if it is moved?  If so, does that imply that the
server that acts as the handle for job when it is created continues to act
as this handle throughout the life of the job, and that this server
may or may not be the server for the original printer?

Bob Herriot

---

From: Jim Walker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 1997 15:51:54 -0500

> may or may not be the server for the original printer?

yes...
...walker

--
Jim Walker <[email-masked]>
System Architect/DAZEL Wizard
DAZEL Corporation, Austin, TX