Subject: IPP> ADM - Checklist for IPP I-D Document Quality Checking

From: Carl-Uno Manros <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 09:22:19 PDT

I have put together a little checklist for editorial quality checking of
our final I-D versions. If several proof readers are trying to apply this
list when reading through the documents, we should achieve a high quality
editorially.  Technical content is of course a different matter, which you
will obviously also need to pay attention to.

----

Checklist for IPP I-D Document Quality Checking

· Is the overall layout and organization of the text understandable for a
first time reader? 

· Are the concepts presented in a logical order?

· Are new terms either explained when they first occur, or included in a
terminology annex?

· Are terms used consistently throughout the text?

· Are names, such as attribute names, used consistently, including
capitalization and hyphenation?

· Are all internal cross-references to texts and figures correct?

· Are all external references correct, up-to-date and valid?  This includes
cross-references to our own documents (note that Security and Directory
Schema are now in the Model document). Are we trying to reference anything
that is not yet a standard or on the standards track?

· Is the information about the editors up-to-date?

. Have we got the correct and latest version of IETF boiler plate texts?

· Is line spacing used consistently?

· Are tabs used consistently?

· Can figures and tables be shown correctly in IETF ASCII format?

· Are the line lengths, the number of lines per page, headers and footers
according the IETF guidelines?

. Are fonts used consistently?  Only of interest for the DOC and PDF versions.

--

Carl-Uno

Carl-Uno Manros
Principal Engineer - Advanced Printing Standards - Xerox Corporation
701 S. Aviation Blvd., El Segundo, CA, M/S: ESAE-231
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: [email-masked]