Subject: IPP> NT 5.0 beta Print Server

From: Carl-Uno Manros <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 14:07:15 PDT

FYI,

Microsoft has just released a beta version of NT 5.0 server and client to
subscribers.

This version includes code which corresponds to the earlier Simple Web
Printing proposal that Microsoft made to the IETF WG on IPP some months
back.  

Do not interpret this as Microsoft trying to follow their own strategy and
promoting a different way of doing things as in IPP. It is just a timing
problem.  You can expect to see some "real" IPP code in their next beta
version.

Regards,

Carl-Uno

Carl-Uno Manros
Principal Engineer - Advanced Printing Standards - Xerox Corporation
701 S. Aviation Blvd., El Segundo, CA, M/S: ESAE-231
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: [email-masked]