Subject: IPP> MOD - ISSUE: How to determine the document-uri schemes supported?

From: Tom Hastings <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 19:36:52 PDT

In the vein of "plugging holes":

ISSUE:  How can a client determine which uri schemes the Printer supports
for use in the "document-uri" attribute in the Print-URI and Send-URI
operations?

How about adding a printer description attribute:

document-uri-schemes-supported (1setOf uriScheme)

This attribte specifies the URI schemes that the Printer supports for use in
the "document-uri" attribute in the Print-URI and Send-URI operations.
If the Printer does not support either of these operations, the
"document-uri-schemes-supported" attribute SHALL not be supported.

---

From: Jay Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 12:26:21 -0400

Considering we have just declared a "Functionality Freeze", is this
something we really need to do?

Can you cite some examples/scenarios in which *not* having this
new attribute would make life very difficult (or impossible) to
implement?

	...jay

----------------------------------------------------------------------
--  JK Martin               |  Email:   [email-masked]          --
--  Underscore, Inc.        |  Voice:   (603) 889-7000              --
--  41C Sagamore Park Road  |  Fax:     (603) 889-2699              --
--  Hudson, NH 03051-4915   |  Web:     http://www.underscore.com   --
----------------------------------------------------------------------