Subject: IPP> MOD - Job Monitoring MIB V0.86 posted and sent as an I-D

From: Tom Hastings <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 15:44:26 PDT

I've updated the MIB with the agreements reached in Atlanta (See Harry's
minutes also just posted), posted the Job Monitoring MIB V0.86 that 
corresponds to Internet-Draft: <draft-ietf-printmib-job-monitor-06.txt>
and forwarded the draft as an Internet-Draft.

I've cross posted this announcement to the IPP mail list, since IPP
and JMP are on the same schedule and the job attributes in common are
aligned.  The IPP Model document is finalizing editorial comments by
Sept 30.

See ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/mib/jmp/internet-drafts/
-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg       214623 Sep 25 22:12
draft-ietf-printmib-job-monitor-06.txt

and ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/mib/jmp/mibs
-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg       121938 Sep 25 21:27 jmp-mib.mib
-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg       282185 Sep 25 21:27 jmp-mib.pdf
-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg       214623 Sep 25 21:27 jmp-mib.txt
-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg       361984 Sep 25 21:27 jmp-mibr.doc
-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg       314041 Sep 25 21:28 jmp-mibr.pdf
-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg       318441 Sep 25 21:28 jmp-mibr.pdr
-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg         8631 Sep 25 21:28 jmp.dic
-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg        13309 Sep 25 22:10 mibvaria.dot

**************************************************************************
* Please make any comments by Wednesday, October 8.  As the JMP minutes
* indicate, we've agreed to a functionality freeze, just as IPP has.
* So the comments 'should' be limited to editorial comments.  We plan to
* do a last call on October 10, or its equivalent, for people outside the
* PWG.  So PWG people should consider V0.86 as the PWG last call.
**************************************************************************

The jmp-mib.pdf is without revision marks and has line numbers.  This
is the version that JMP should make any comments against.

The jmp-mib.txt == draft-ietf-printmib-job-monitor-06.txt
The jmp-mibr.doc is with revision marks.
The jmp-mibr.pdr is with red revision marks.
The jmp-mibr.pdf is with black revision marks.
The jmp-mib.mib file compiles with one warning (assignment of the
temporary OID).
The jmp.dic file is the spell checking dictionary
The mibvaria.dot is the MS-WORD template used

We got the lion's share out of the mapping exercise in Atlanta.  However,
please do your mapping assignments.  Use them as a way to review
the MIB specification.  Pretend you are an SNMP agent responding to 
a Get for each object and attribute listed in the mapping template and 
determine how to get that information from the job submission protocol 
for the service or device that your agent is providing access.  See if
there are any descriptions that need clarification.

The mapping assignments are:

AppleTalk PAP	applepap.doc	Ron Bergman
IETF IPP	ietf-ipp.doc	Tom Hastings
IPDS	        ipds.doc	Harry Lewis
ISO DPA	        iso-dpa.doc	Tom Hastings
LPD 1179	lpr-lpd.doc	Ron Bergman
NDPS	        ndps.doc	Scott Isaacson
PJL	        pjl.doc	        Bob Pentecost
PostScript	ps.doc	        <probably not do>
PSERVER	        pserver.doc	Scott Isaacson
RPRINTER	rprinter.doc	Scott Isaacson
SMB	        smb.doc	        <probably not do>
TIPSI/NPAP	tipsi.doc	Don Wright

See Ron's draft RFC for the mapping and the minutes.

There are no open issues left, except what OID are we going to be assigned?
Are we going to be standards track or a PWG standard?  See Harry's minutes.

Tom