Subject: IPP> SEC - PWG Phone Conference September 11

From: Carl-Uno Manros <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 11:36:49 PDT

We will hold a short phone conference at 1:00 - 2:00  PST

The main subject for discussion is how to meet the IETF requirements for
security in IPP without dragging out the process.

There are two possible approaches:

1) Dodge the issue, by requiring a very limited set of manadatory secueirty
features, basically limited to RFC 2068 and RFC 2069, with the risk of
being shot down during the IESG review.

2) Working with the IETF security groups to help find a solution that they
would accept.

The number to dial is: 1-800-857 5607  passcode:  cmanros

-----

Carl-Uno

Carl-Uno Manros
Principal Engineer - Advanced Printing Standards - Xerox Corporation
701 S. Aviation Blvd., El Segundo, CA, M/S: ESAE-231
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: [email-masked]