Subject: IPP> I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipp-rat-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 17:07:25 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Printing Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Rationale for the Structure of the Model and Protocol for the Internet Printing Protocol (IPP)
	Author(s)	: S. Zilles
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipp-rat-01.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 1997-08-01
	
This document is one of a set of documents which together describe all 
aspects of a new Internet Printing Protocol (IPP). IPP is an application 
level protocol that can be used for distributed printing on the Internet. 
There are multiple parts to IPP, but the primary architectural components 
are the Model, the Protocol and an interface to Directory Services. 
This document provides a high level overview of the architecture and 
provides the rational for the decisions made in structuring the 
architecture.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login wih the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipp-rat-01.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-rat-01.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-rat-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.