Subject: IPP> TES: IPP Prototyping and Demonstrations

From: Peter Zehler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 13:15:26 PDT

All,
  Are we getting close to a time when we can start talking about
building IPP printers/servers?  We have had a number of people express
their interest in prototyping.  I would like to get things rolling so we
can have something to status in the September IPP meeting.  I will be on
vacation the last week of August.  Following up on this message and any
responses will be first on my list when I return.  I would like to know:
   1)  Should I organize a teleconference to begin the IPP TES group
work?
   2)  Does anyone have any ideas on what some of our first steps should
be?
   3)  What is the expected outcome from the TES group?
   4)  What *is* the work the TES group will undertake?
   5)  Are we ready to discuss any kind of a schedule?

  Any additional questions are welcome.  If it is still too early for
the TES group to proceed I would also like to know.

Pete

---

From: Peter Michalek <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 97 15:01:31 -0800

Hi Peter and all,

I have a simple prototype working right now, but I can't make it
available for public use.

I would be interested, however, to talk to anyone who is either
interested in a potential cooperation or wants to test
interoperability. I would be eager to participate in any meeting
or conference call discussing practical matters of architecture, 
implementation, interfaces, etc.

Peter

---------------End of Original Message-----------------

----------------------------------------------------
Peter Michalek      | (408) 446-5040               |
ShineSoft Systems   |  mailto:[email-masked] |
10025 Crescent Rd.  |                              |        
Cupertino  CA 95014 |                              |