Subject: Re: IPP>PRO new ietf drafts for protocol and lpd [.pdf versions loaded]

From: Tom Hastings <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 1997 23:02:54 PDT

I've created and down loaded the corresponding .pdf files with
red revision marks, black revision marks, and without revision marks.

Please use the line numbers in the .pdf file without revision marks
for making comments. Do NOT use the .doc file, since your version of
WORD will generate different line numbers that some one else's version,
especially if you have different margins.

Here are all the protocol and LPD files:

-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg    100336 Aug  4 05:50 ipp-pro-970730-rev-black.pdf
-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg    102056 Aug  4 05:47 ipp-pro-970730-rev-red.pdf
-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg    150528 Jul 30 06:05 ipp-pro-970730-rev.doc
-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg     95744 Jul 30 06:04 ipp-pro-970730.doc
-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg     73957 Aug  4 05:52 ipp-pro-970730.pdf
-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg     60861 Jul 30 06:04 ipp-pro-970730.txt
-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg    119212 Aug  4 05:57 lpd-ipp-970730-rev-black.pdf
-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg    122424 Aug  4 05:54 lpd-ipp-970730-rev-red.pdf
-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg    109568 Jul 30 06:10 lpd-ipp-970730-rev.doc
-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg    120832 Jul 30 06:10 lpd-ipp-970730.doc
-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg     76302 Aug  4 05:59 lpd-ipp-970730.pdf
-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg     49609 Jul 30 06:10 lpd-ipp-970730.txt
-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg     69396 Jul 14 07:54 lpd-ipp-rev-black.pdf

At 23:30 07/29/97 PDT, Robert Herriot wrote:
>
>I have just downloaded the following documents. If you have
>read the protocol document before you won't find much new.
>
>The LPD document is mostly new and goes into great detail about
>existing practice.  Please read this, especially if your company
>implements or uses LPD.
>
>all in ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/
>
>Protocol documents: synchronized (hopefully) with Scott's document.
>
>
>new_PRO/ipp-pro-970730.doc              MS Word v6
>new_PRO/ipp-pro-970730-rev.doc          revisions (not many)
>new_PRO/ipp-pro-970730.txt              text
>drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-protocol-01.txt   same as above
>
>
>LPD documents:
>
>
>new_PRO/lpd-ipp-970730.doc              MS Word v6
>new_PRO/lpd-ipp-970730-rev.doc          revisions (too many to read) 
>new_PRO/lpd-ipp-970730.txt              text
>drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-lpd-ipp-map-01.txt same as above
>
>
>Bob Herriot
>
>