Subject: IPP> REQ document comments

From: Peter Zehler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 10:29:58 PDT

Carl-Uno,
You wanted to refresh the REQ ID and asked me to review the document.
I read through the requirements document and did not find much to
comment on.
Here is what I found.

1) section 2.1.4   I found the following paragraph confusing
          Print jobs will also be submitted by background or batch
          applications without human intervention.  Any application
level
          Internet printing application must support this type of
printing.

2) section 2.2.1 and 2.2.2   Should it be stated that these are not
addressed in V1.0 

3) section 3.1   Should the characteristics that might be considered
when locating a printer be brought in line with the DIR document.

4) section 3.5  Is end-user notification a V1.0 requirement?

5) section 3.6  Should cancel job and modify job be lumped together?

6) section 4.3  The first bulleted item still refers to tags for
attributes and attribute values.

7)section 6  Email address corrections Tom  Hastings:
[email-masked] and Peter Zehler:
[email-masked]

8) Throughout scenarios   replace job id = #12345 with job uri =
http://pwg.org/printer/job12345

9) Throughout scenarios   adjust returns from print operations to bring
in line with MOD doc.

10) section 3.1 and  Throughout scenarios    remove references to
"cost".

Pete

__________________________________        
Email:   [email-masked]
US Mail: Peter Zehler
         Xerox Corp.
         800 Phillips Rd.
         Webster NY, 14580-9701
Voice:   (716) 265-8755
FAX:     (716)265-8792
__________________________________        
"I always wanted to be somebody, 
  but I should have been more specific." 
                                         Lily Tomlin
__________________________________