Subject: IPP> I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipp-lpd-ipp-map-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 09:39:41 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
 directories. This draft is a work item of the Internet Printing Protocol 
 Working Group of the IETF.                                                

       Title     : Mapping between LPD and IPP Protocols                   
       Author(s) : T. Hasting, R. Herriot, N. Jacobs, J. Martin
       Filename  : draft-ietf-ipp-lpd-ipp-map-00.txt
       Pages     : 12
       Date      : 07/15/1997

This Internet-Draft specifies the mapping between (1) the commands and 
operands of the "Line Printer Daemon (LPD) Protocol" specified in RFC 1179 
and (2) the operations and parameters of the Internet Printing Protocol 
(IPP).  One of the purposes of this document is to compare the 
functionality of the two protocols.  Another purpose is to facilitate 
implementation of gateways between LPD and IPP.           
                 
WARNING:  RFC 1179 was not on standards track.  While RFC 1179 was intended
to record existing practice, in some areas it fell short.  However, this 
specification maps between (1) the actual current practice of RFC 1179 and 
(2) IPP.  This document does not attempt to map the numerous divergent 
extensions to the LPD protocol that have been made by many implementors.   

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
     "get draft-ietf-ipp-lpd-ipp-map-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-lpd-ipp-map-00.txt
 
Internet-Drafts directories are located at:	
	                                                
     o  Africa:  ftp.is.co.za                    
	                                                
     o  Europe:  ftp.nordu.net            	
                 ftp.nis.garr.it                 
	                                                
     o  Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au               
	                                                
     o  US East Coast: ds.internic.net           
	                                                
     o  US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu               
	                                                
Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.	
	                                                
Send a message to:  [email-masked]. In the body type: 
     "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-lpd-ipp-map-00.txt".
							
NOTE: The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
      MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
      feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
      command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
      a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
      exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
      "multipart" MIME messages (i.e., documents which have been split
      up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
      how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the Internet-Draft.