Subject: Re: IPP> ipp & tiff

From: Scott Isaacson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 13:12:07 -0600

When you say "The tiff format currently accepted by ipp is too broad" do
you mean that one of the enums for the "document-format" attribute is " 
'langTIFF': 40 - Tagged Image File Format (Aldus)"??

If so, please propose a new enum value and describe it (provide its
semantics) and I am sure that it can be added to the list in the Printer MIB
as well as the list in IPP since they are supposed to be the same list!!

Once you do that, then an instance of an IPP Printer could implement the
"document-formats-supported" attribute and set the value to this new value
that you propose which is in the standard.  This is how an "an ipp
server which can accept only a TIFF-F format can convey
this capability information to an ipp client."

Scott

>>> AlBrahme <[email-masked]> 07/14 12:35 AM >>>
The tiff format currently accepted by ipp is too broad
 in scope for fax server applications. ie it has provisions
 for jpeg etc which are too complicated for a simple ipp
 fax server. Instead we would like to use TIFF-F which is
 currently an ietf draft. I would like to know how an ipp
 server which can accept only a TIFF-F format can convey
 this capability information to an ipp client.

 thank you
 /al