Subject: IPP> Re: seeking volunteer ... addendum

From: [email-masked] (Jeff Copeland)
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 15:11:00 -0600 (MDT)

Other readers of the IPP mailing list within QMS have pointed out that
I somewhat overstated the case in my earlier message:  Certainly QMS is
intending to curtail its full-time participation in IPP at this time
because it has other fish to fry in the technology arena.  (For me,
the live give-and-take of standards meetings are the fun part of doing
standards, which is part of why I'm leaving.)

However: this in no way means that the company's intending to stop tracking
standards, or building its printers around relevant standards.  In fact,
we've been tracking IPP as closely as we have because we think it's a great
idea, and are looking to build it into our printers as quickly as we can.
You'll continue to see occasional activity from Mabry Dozier and Michael
Bringman, as you have in the past, except that unlike me, standards work
won't be their primary activity.

Sorry for any confusion I may have left about the future directions of
a company I'm about to leave.

-- 
Jeffrey L Copeland			+1-303-443-7227 x14
QMS, Inc, Boulder R&D Center		fax:  +1-303-443-7107
2945-D Center Green Court South		[email-masked]
Boulder, CO 80301