Subject: IPP> Comments on your IPP/LPD mapping document

From: JK Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 1997 16:23:44 -0400 (EDT)

Tom,

I've started going thru your mapping document but find I have so many
comments and suggestions that it would be best for me to post a new
version (using your .doc file as the starting point).

Does anyone have any objections to my posting a new version with my
comments?  (This is essentially the approach Patrick Powell used when
he posted his comments on the IPP Model document.)

	...jay

----------------------------------------------------------------------
--  JK Martin               |  Email:   [email-masked]          --
--  Underscore, Inc.        |  Voice:   (603) 889-7000              --
--  41C Sagamore Park Road  |  Fax:     (603) 889-2699              --
--  Hudson, NH 03051-4915   |  Web:     http://www.underscore.com   --
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Carl-Uno Manros <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 1997 14:26:27 -0700

Jay,,

no problem.  Contributions on this subject in any form are highly appreciated.

Remeber though that we are still trying to get something to send to the IETF
within the next two weeks, so we should also start worrying about getting
something formatted as an I-D in .TXT format.

Carl-Uno

---

From: Tom Hastings <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 1997 15:07:20 PDT

Jay,

Go ahead and edit the .doc file.

I just posted the updates that we agreed to at the meeting with
revision marks turned on:

-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg        33792 Jul  6 21:56 lpd-ipp.doc
-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg        24631 Jul  6 21:54 lpd-ipp.pdf
-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg        16181 Jul  6 21:55 lpd-ipp.txt

so you should start with that version.  First accept all revisions
before editing.  Also please make sure that revision marks are turned on while
you edit.

I'm curious about all your changes though, since I think we agreed that the
purpose of the document is to relate what is said in 1179 to IPP, rather than
to relate what is actual practice to IPP.  I did take Bob Herriot's 
suggestion to put into an appendix the few most flagrant differences between 
1179 and current practice.

As far as Carl-Uno's concern about producing .txt for the IETF, I've also posted
the .txt file that I can automatically (well all-mosot) from the .doc file,
so don't worry about that.  The .txt file that I posted has a few 79-character
lines that I'll fix before we publish to not exceed 72 characters.

I've added you and Bob as authors already.

Tom