Subject: IPP> PRO - Resolving the issue of adding data type tags in the encoding

From: JK Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 13:01:31 -0400 (EDT)

A relatively major change in the IPP encoding has been proposed
to the list, yet very few people have voiced their opinions.

The weekly IPP telecon will be held later today (1pm PDT, 4pm EDT),
and this issue will surely arise.

Would it be possible for all interested parties to state their
"votes" on the list prior to the telecon so that we can grasp
whether there is consensus PRO or CON to this issue?  (Recall
that IETF working group rules require that issues be resolved on
the mailing list, and not in telecons or face-to-face meetings.)

Thanks for posting your vote as quickly as possible.

	...jay

----------------------------------------------------------------------
--  JK Martin               |  Email:   [email-masked]          --
--  Underscore, Inc.        |  Voice:   (603) 889-7000              --
--  41C Sagamore Park Road  |  Fax:     (603) 889-2699              --
--  Hudson, NH 03051-4915   |  Web:     http://www.underscore.com   --
----------------------------------------------------------------------