Subject: IPP> I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipp-rat-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 13:51:17 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
 directories. This draft is a work item of the Internet Printing Protocol
 Working Group of the IETF.

       Title     : Rationale for the Structure of the Model and Protocol
		   for the Internet Printing Protocol (IPP)
       Author(s) : S. Zilles
       Filename  : draft-ietf-ipp-rat-00.txt
       Pages     : 6
       Date      : 07/17/1997

This document is one of a set of documents which together describe all
aspects of a new Internet Printing Protocol (IPP). IPP is an application
level protocol that can be used for distributed printing on the Internet.
There are multiple parts to IPP, but the primary architectural components
are the Model, the Protocol and an interface to Directory Services. This
document provides a high level overview of the architecture and provides
the rational for the decisions made in structuring the architecture.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
     "get draft-ietf-ipp-rat-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-rat-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

     o  Africa:  ftp.is.co.za

     o  Europe:  ftp.nordu.net
		 ftp.nis.garr.it

     o  Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au

     o  US East Coast: ds.internic.net

     o  US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:  [email-masked]. In the body type:
     "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-rat-00.txt".

NOTE: The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
      MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
      feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
      command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
      a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
      exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
      "multipart" MIME messages (i.e., documents which have been split
      up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
      how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the Internet-Draft.