Subject: IPP>MOD Issue with conformance

From: [email-masked] (Robert Herriot)
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 19:37:51 -0700

I have suggested adding the following paragraphs to the model document
on conformance in various parts of  the conformance section:

A conforming client SHALL send operations that conform to the protocol
defined in "Internet Printing Protocol/1.0: Protocol Specification"
[23]. For each parameter or attribute included in an operation request,
a conforming client SHALL send a value whose type and value syntax
conforms to the requirement of this document

Conforming Printer implementations SHALL support all request and
response parameters and all values of such parameters, except for
parameters which are collections of attributes. The following section
on attributes specifies the support required for attributes.

If a Printer implements an attribute, it SHALL support only those
values specified in this document or through the extension mechanism
described in the next section. It MAY support any non-empty subset of
these values. That is, it SHALL support at least one of the specified
values and at most all of them.

A conforming printer SHALL send responses that conform to the protocol
defined in "Internet Printing Protocol/1.0: Protocol Specification"
[23]. For each parameter or attribute included in an operation
response, a conforming printer SHALL send a value whose type and value
syntax conforms to the requirement of this document