Subject: IPP> Re: draft-mutz-http-attributes-02.txt

From: Larry Masinter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 18:05:11 PDT

IPP, FAX, and HTTP need to know about resolution of the recipient
device; I don't think we need three different ways to deal with it.

Why not just be straightforward and specify resolution in two
directions as integers or rationals?

Larry
-- 
http://www.parc.xerox.com/masinter

---

From: Andy Mutz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 1997 19:01:49 PDT

I prefer not burdening all apps with 2 resolution numbers when most
use square resolutions.

Once way around this:  Specify "res" to mean horizontal resolution and
add "res-vert" to indicate vertical resolution.

If only res is indicated, then a client could assume square pixels.

I think this is sufficiently straightfoward.  Comment?

Andy

--
---------------------------------------------------------------
Andrew Mutz                          |   email:  [email-masked] 
Internet Imaging Operation           |   Phone:  +1 408 447 4439
Internet Technology Group            |   Page:   +1 800 607 9639
11000 Wolfe Road 42UO                |   
Cupertino, California, USA.          |   Radio:  KF6FUT
---------------------------------------------------------------