Subject: IPP> Updated IPP state transition diagram

From: Tom Hastings <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 1997 12:35:34 PDT

I forgot to update the IPP part in my previous message.  It should be:

The following figure shows the normal job state transitions.  Other
transitions are unlikely, but are not forbidden.

                                            +--> canceled
                                           /
    +----> pending --------> processing --+----> aborted
    |         ^                  ^         \
----+         |                  |          +--> completed
    |         v                  v
    +----> pending-held   processing-stopped

Figure 1 - Normal job state transitions

Normally a job progresses only from left to right through three states.
The canceled state can be entered from the pending, pendingHeld, processing,
or processingStopped states.

Even though the IPP protocol defines seven values for job states, Printers
SHALL only implement those states which are appropriate for the particular
implementation.

Tom