Subject: IPP> Re: First draft of Schema Registry charter

From: Carl-Uno Manros <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 13:02:48 PDT

At 12:10 PM 5/20/97 PDT, Frank_Dawson/CAM/[email-masked] wrote:
>
>Folks:
>
>I am not particularly happy about the number of schemas we have for
>directories either. It would be very much simplier if everyone would just
>use mine ;-)
>

Folks,

in the IPP project, we are trying to create one directory schema protocol
that contains recommended attributes for finding and selecting printers and
print servers.

We would be very happy if there was ONE recommendation on how to write a
directory protocol independent schema.  I made this suggestion back in
Memphis and I am repeating it again here. Even if we historically have x
different ways of describing schemas right now, wouldn't it make sense to
define a form to be used for new specifications?  Isn't that a good task
for this group?  Think about how much easier schema registration would be
down the line!

Carl-Uno Manros
Co-chair IPP WG

Any suggestion
Carl-Uno Manros
Principal Engineer - Advanced Printing Standards - Xerox Corporation
701 S. Aviation Blvd., El Segundo, CA, M/S: ESAE-231
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: [email-masked]