Subject: IPP>PRO future face-to-face meeting

From: Roger K Debry <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 09:55:08 -0400

I would be interested in such a meeting, but would strongly
suggest that we all have a straw proposal to work from.   I
find meeting much more productive if we have a documented
proposal to work from and a specific set of issues to work on.

At this point I have no preference for dates.

Roger K deBry
Senior Techncial Staff Member
Architecture and Technology
IBM Printing Systems
email: [email-masked]
phone: 1-303-924-4080

---------------------- Forwarded by Roger K Debry/Boulder/IBM on 05/21/97 07:45
AM ---------------------------

        BLDVMA.GEBERT @ D03AU003
        05/20/97 06:04 PM
Please respond to BLDVMA.GEBERT @ VM

To: Roger K Debry/Boulder/IBM, Roger K Debry/Boulder/IBM
cc:
Subject: IPP>PRO future face-to-face meeting

***********************************************************
SECURITY CLASSIFICATION:
     I could not believe this note. Those guys must have absolutely
     nothing to do and absolutely no regard for other people's time
     if they want to schedule a meeting between already very frequent
     meetings. From my experience with their conf calls, they should
     try to find a higher degree of focus, rather than calling more
     meetings. I am very appreciative of the fact that you have
     more patience with this cooperative process. I would not be
     able to sit through 10 minutes of their meetings!

     Hopefully they will at a minimum have a conf room with a phone
     able to tie in other people who will only want to hear a small
     fraction of the uninteresting discussions and get the few
     useful pieces. Steve.

*** Forwarding note from SMTP3   --IINUS1   05/20/97 17:47 ***
=========================================================================
Received: from lists.underscore.com by vnet.IBM.COM (IBM VM SMTP V2R3) with
TCP;
   Tue, 20 May 97 19:47:29 EDT
Received: from localhost (daemon@localhost) by lists.underscore.com
(8.7.5/8.7.3) with SMTP id TAA25541; Tue, 20 May 1997 19:46:55 -0400 (EDT)
Received: by pwg.org (bulk_mailer v1.5); Tue, 20 May 1997 19:45:57 -0400
Received: (from daemon@localhost) by lists.underscore.com (8.7.5/8.7.3) id
TAA25399 for ipp-outgoing; Tue, 20 May 1997 19:42:09 -0400 (EDT)
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 16:44:05 -0700
From: [email-masked] (Robert Herriot)
Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: IPP>PRO future face-to-face meeting
X-Sun-Charset: US-ASCII
Sender: [email-masked]

Randy and I talked about having a face-to-face meeting in June before the
Boston meeting in order to work out details of the protocol. We
believe that we need to wrap up most loose ends by the June meeting
in Boston.

The location would likely be in the San Francisco Bay area, possibly
at Sun, and the likely meeting dates would be Tuesday June 10 or
Wednesday June 11.

If you are interested in attending such a meeting, please let me
know whether such dates would work for you and indicate your preference
for June 10 or 11.

Bob Herriot

---

From: Tom Hastings <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 07:35:44 PDT

I strongly agree with Roger on having a straw proposal to work from.

Bob and Randy,
Can you two produce such a straw proposal with issues listed?

Thanks,
Tom

---

From: Scott Isaacson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 12:09:17 -0600

I am interested.

Scott

>>> Robert Herriot <[email-masked]> 05/20 5:44 PM >>>

Bob Herriot