Subject: IPP> ADM - PC Week Report on IPP

From: Carl-Uno Manros <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 16:16:56 PDT

The responses on the PWG press release have started appearing.

You can find out what it contains on URL:

	http://www8.zdnet.com/pcweek/news/0428/01eipp.html

Unfortunately, they describe the IPP project as a vendor group being
charted by the IETF, which is obviously incorrect, something that was never
stated in the press release, but this is probably the kind of reporting
that has caused Keith Moore to get up on the barricades.

Have you ever tried to get a jounalist to accept exactly what you tell
them, without them trying to improve the story?

Carl-Uno
Carl-Uno Manros
Principal Engineer - Advanced Printing Standards - Xerox Corporation
701 S. Aviation Blvd., El Segundo, CA, M/S: ESAE-231
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: [email-masked]

---

From: Patrick Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 May 1997 12:21:51 -0700 (PDT)

Press and Press Releases:

My late father was (at various times) Associate Editor and City Desk
editor of several major papers.  His usual comment about 'getting
things right' was:

"If we spell your name right,  don't mention you were drunk,  and
 don't tell them about your (mistress/graft/unpaid parking tickets)
 then consider yourself a lucky man."

I don't think things have changed much in the journalism world...

:-)

Patrick ("And you left MY name off the list!") Powell