Subject: IPP> SEC - Security texts on FTP server

From: Carl-Uno Manros <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 09:58:50 PDT

John Wenn sent out a message with the new draft text for discussion to the
mailing list last night.

I have now stored a .TXT version in the new_SEC folder under the
imaginative name of: 
   security.txt  
(I made a few edits to it to make it a little more readable).

I have also stored a file called: 
   SEC-rationale.doc
which contains the second half of the security.txt document, but including
the three tables, which did not come through as readable in the .TXT
version.  As this part is mainly providing some background material (which
we are not proposing to put into the actual I-D later), I hope this is
acceptable for now.  I will also provide a .PDF version of the .DOC file
this evening (when I am back at my home machine that runs Win95).

My thanks to John Wenn and Daniel Manchala for putting this text together.

Regards,

Carl-Uno