Subject: IPP> MOD - new model document

From: Scott Isaacson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 May 1997 02:16:56 -0600

I have posted a new model document at

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_MOD/ipp-model-970512.pdf
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_MOD/ipp-model-970512.doc

The .doc file is really a RTF file so I hope it is not infected with the
concept virus.

I will try to post the text version soon - the generic/text driver is
crashing my machine.

The pdf with line numbers is the document we will be reveiwing on Wed.

Scott

---

From: Don Fullman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 11:55:33 PDT

Scott, et. al.,

Shouldn't the following Job Template attributes for the Printer Object be
"setOf" or "1setOf"?
-  job-hold-until-available
-  number-up-supported
-  number-up-available
-  sides-supported
-  sides-available
-  printer-resolution-available
-  print-quality-available
-  compression-supported
Many of these were multi-valued in the March 26th version.  Why would these
be single-valued?  One possible reason might be that a printer may not be
able to have more than one value ready at the same time, but that doesn't
seem to apply to any of the attributes above.  It seems to me that any
xxx-available and xxx-supported attribute could all be multi-valued.

Oh,  by the way, I found a few typos that you might be interested in
(listed below).

Thanks,

Don Fullman

-------------------------------
POTENTIAL TYPOS:
-  Throughout both the TOC and the text, xxx-available and xxx-supported
attributes have an extra <space> character in the name -- I'm sure a result
of cut and paste.
-  Line 220 contains "xxx" instead of "print-quality".
-  Line 1607 (** and other locations, too! **) states for the xxx-available
attribute that the Printer shall NOT implement the available attribute. 
-  Line 1331, "newly create" should be "newly created".
-  "pecific" on line 1488
-  "both both" on line 1514
-  Line 2033 refers to the "held" job state which is no longer a state in
subclause 6.3.2.5.  (or it should be listed in subclause 6.3.2.5. 
-------------------------------