Subject: IPP> ADM - Requirements for TXT format documentation

From: Roger K Debry <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 11:59:13 -0400

Classification:
Prologue:
Epilogue: Roger K deBry
Senior Techncial Staff Member
Architecture and Technology
IBM Printing Systems
email: [email-masked]
phone: 1-303-924-4080

An additional item we discussed previously, but have not implemented, was to
arrange
to have an 800 number available for the IPP calls.  At least one person has
expressed
an inability to participate in these calls because of the costs.

---------------------- Forwarded by Roger K Debry/Boulder/IBM on 04/15/97 09:53
AM ---------------------------

        ipp-owner @ pwg.org
        04/13/97 02:21 PM

To: ipp @ pwg.org@internet
cc:
Subject: IPP> ADM - Requirements for TXT format documentation

Hi,

one of the comments I got from our Area Directors during the meeting last
week was that we are still not following the intent from the IETF to have a
fully open dialogue of what is happening in the project.

There are two things that we need to improve on right away to put this right:

1) We should try to make our utmost to always provide a TXT version of
agendas, minutes, contributions and drafts.  This should also include what
we show on the Web server. Although it is not mandatory to have a Web
server for the project, it is expected that people can download documents
in TXT format if you have one.  I have given Jeff instructions to that
effect, so that our already existing FTP documents in TXT format are
included.  For our phone conferences etc. we will still need to keep the
PDF document formats as well.

2) We were critizised for not keeping people in the IETF informed about our
progress (there seems to be a bit of question mark here about how much you
are supposed to show before you are a WG, but now that we are one there are
no doubts).  We need to start publishing our intermediate drafts of the
formal documents, in TXT format, over the formal IETF Internet-Draft
library.  We also need to bring all our I-D documents up to a point where
the content is reasonably complete and consistent, even if they are still
under discussion. It seems that we still have some general editorial work
to do here.

Regards,

Carl-Uno

Carl-Uno Manros
Principal Engineer - Advanced Printing Standards - Xerox Corporation
701 S. Aviation Blvd., El Segundo, CA, M/S: ESAE-231
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: [email-masked]