Subject: IPP> ADM - Comments on the PWG Press Release Text

From: Carl-Uno Manros <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 15:06:55 PDT

Hi,

after having got a bit of feedback from people back home, there are two
points that we would like to modify.

1) We do no like the described scenario where it looks like IPP is going to
replace fax. After all we are also in the fax business, something that we
share with many others in the PWG.

2) We would like to emphasize a little more that IPP has it's roots in and
is intended to be "compatible subset of" DPA.

BTW, do not forget to tell me if your company wants to have its name
included as working with us on the standard. I have got a few replies back
on that, but I expect to hear from more of you.

Carl-Uno
Carl-Uno Manros
Principal Engineer - Advanced Printing Standards - Xerox Corporation
701 S. Aviation Blvd., El Segundo, CA, M/S: ESAE-231
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: [email-masked]