Subject: IPP> ADM - Novell Press Release

From: Carl-Uno Manros <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 18:57:42 PDT

Hi,

Attached is a Novell press release on IPP.

Enjoy...

Carl-Uno

Carl-Uno Manros
Principal Engineer - Advanced Printing Standards - Xerox Corporation
701 S. Aviation Blvd., El Segundo, CA, M/S: ESAE-231
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: [email-masked]

---

From: JK Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 22:29:44 -0400 (EDT)

> Attached is a Novell press release on IPP.

Boy, this "IPP story" is getting more and more interesting all the time,
eh?  The group is just now meeting "for the first time" this week in
Memphis?

Looks like we'd better feed our trade contacts better information in the
future.

	...jay

---

From: Stan McConell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 18:28:58 PDT

>Attached is a Novell press release on IPP.

Oh, I did!  Especially the part about the ... Lightweight ... *Directory*
... Printing Application (LDPA).  But I do hope you will find a way print
some *Documents* as well.

>Carl-Uno
>Attachment Converted: "C:\DATA\ATTACH\IPPNews.htm"
>
>Carl-Uno Manros

 . . . .

And Jay, in answer to your message, remember that in the eyes of the IETF,
the IPP project did not exist until THEY said it existed; and therefore
this week was the first meeting.  And why would you need any meetings
previously?  The press release said the standard was already developed, so
obviously, the group was chartered simply to ratify it.  (;-)

---

From: JK Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 21:36:46 -0400 (EDT)

> obviously, the group was chartered simply to ratify it.  (;-)

Silly me.  Of course this means we can now proclaim:

	"Hooray!  The Job MIB effort has begun!"

;-)

	...jay