Subject: IPP> MOD - verbiage for info and driver attributes

From: [email-masked] (Zehler,Peter)
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 10:38:36 PST

All,
Here is the verbiage for the printer info and driver attributes of the 
 IPP printer object.

Pete
____________________________

printer-info-manf (URL)  (Set by the Manufacturer)
This attribute contains a URL used to obtain more information about 
 this type of printer.   The
information obtained from this URL is intended for end-user 
 consumption. Features outside the
scope of IPP can be accessed from this URL. (e.g. latest firmware 
 upgrades, print drivers,
optional features available)  The information is intended to be germane 
 to this printer without
regard to site specific modifications or services.

printer-info-site (URL)  (Set by the Administrator)
This attribute contains a URL used to obtain more information about 
 this specific  printer.   The
information obtained from this URL is intended for end-user 
 consumption. Features outside the
scope of IPP can be accessed from this URL.  The information is 
 intended to be specific to this
printer instance and site services. (e.g. job pricing, services 
 offered, end user assistance)  The
manufacturer may initially populate this attribute

printer-driver-installer  (URL)  (Set by the Administrator)
This attribute contains a URL to use to locate the driver installer for 
 this printer.   This attribute
is intended for consumption by automata. The mechanics of print driver 
 installation is outside the
scope of IPP.  The manufacturer may initially populate this attribute.