Subject: IPP>MOD - more comments on v1.6

From: Roger K Debry <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 16:13:35 -0500

Classification:
Prologue:
Epilogue: Roger K deBry
Senior Techncial Staff Member
Architecture and Technology
IBM Printing Systems
email: [email-masked]
phone: 1-303-924-4080

line 998: The notion of a job resource attr is introduced here, but the term is
not used any
place else in the document.  Line 1020 says to see the section on job production
attributes, but isn't this the section on job production attributes.  In the
case of each
individual attribute there is discussion of what it means when the imbedded
attribute
is used (which I assume makes this a resource attribute), but the conncection
is NEVER
explicit.   Why not use the scheduling tag or define a resource tag? The use of
imbedded
tag seems confusing.

line 1050-1051 (and similar throughout this section): I assume this sentence
describes the
use of this attribute as a job resource attribute, but it does not those words
explicitly (see
above comment).  As it stands this sentence reads strange to me as it implies
that when
there is not an imbedded tag the attribute DOES NOT indicate the number of
copies
required by this document. Well, then what does it do in this case?

line 1055 Isn't it sufficient to specify the maximum number?

line 1122: No description is given as to what it means when an imbedded tag is
used.
This is not consistent with other attributes in this section.

line 1127-1128: What is the difference between none and 1?

line 1162: What does state of readiness mean here?