Subject: IPP> MOD - V1.0 - 1.6 say attributes can be added

From: Roger K Debry <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 09:41:19 -0500

Classification:
Prologue:
Epilogue: Roger K deBry
Senior Techncial Staff Member
Architecture and Technology
IBM Printing Systems
email: [email-masked]
phone: 1-303-924-4080

Tom Hastings wrote:

Open issue 22, seeks to move this part of the conformance section
up front, since it is such an important feature of IPP and is
what will prevent the disaster with LPR/LPD that every manufacturer
extended it in different uncontrolled ways.  We need to show the
IETF that we have a solution.

RKD>With respect to having different uncontrolled extensions,
RKD> I'm frankly more concerned with the discussions we've had
RKD> suggesting possible multiple protocols (Multipart/form, html,
RKD> and others, than I am the above!