Subject: IPP> Model 1.5 posted

From: Tom Hastings <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 1997 03:11:32 PST

I've edited the changes agreed last week into the Model spec
after accepting the revisions.  I've put 1.5 into both the
new_MOD and the new_MOD/historic sub-directories, and deleted
the ipp-model-1.4-rev.* files from new_MOD.

I also made a number of changes in the ipptypes.doc which
were necessiated to cover all of the data types in the Model.

  ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_MOD/
-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg       214016 Mar  9 10:59 ipp-model-1.5-rev.doc
-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg       216405 Mar  9 11:01 ipp-model-1.5-rev.pdf
-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg       218328 Mar  9 11:04 ipp-model-1.5-rev.pdr
-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg        15360 Mar  9 10:47 ipptypes.doc
-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg        15896 Mar  9 10:47 ipptypes.pdf
-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg        15530 Mar  9 10:47 ipptypes.pdr

The .pdr files are with red revision marks, the .pdf with black
revision marks.

I've also started a Change History at the end which I've copied
below:

9.1 Changes made to version 1.4, dated 27-Feb-1997 to make version 1.5,
dated 9-March-1997.

The following changes were made to version 1.4, dated 27-Feb-1997 to make
version 1.5, dated 9-March-1997 from the 3/6/97 telecon agreements:

1. Replaced the data types with the ones discussed on the 3/6/97 telecon.
Added back octetString, type1Enum, type2Enum, type3Enum types as well.

2. Added range constraints to the integer data type.

3. Changed the xxx-locale attributes to be type3Enum.

4. Added standard printer-resolution enum values.

5. Added standard document-format enum values from the Printer MIB and IANA
registries.

6. Added back job-hold-until attribute using named periods only and added
back the job-hold-until-specified value to the job-state-reasons attribute.

7. Changed the job state from printing to processing to agree with the
Printer state and changed the optional job-processing job-state-reasons
value to job-printing for use with Printers that take a lot of time
processing while not marking.

8. Deleted the second occurrence of the job-name attribute, since we removed
any attributes that are common to both Job and Printer.

9. Changed job-priority from a type1Enum to integer(1:100) so as to have
more levels so as to be able to match existing systems.

10. Changed job-retention-period to use integerSeconds, instead of minutes.

11. Changed the Text Formatting attributes to take only the computer points
as units.

12. Changed job-octets to job-K-octets, in order to be able to print large
documents.  Aligns with the IETF Job Monitoring MIB.

13. Clarified that the job-incomplete value of job-state-reasons is waiting
for document data, as opposed to waiting for the job to be closed.