Subject: Re: IPP> MOD - DESCRIPTION OF ADDITIONAL TEXT FORMATTING ATTRIBUTES

From: JK Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 11:16:19 -0500 (EST)

With all due respect, I think any attempts at specifying standard
print job formatting controls for IPP v1.0 is just TOO much.

Where do you stop with such specifications?  When I read what Keith
has proposed, it makes me wonder why many other "common" formatting
features aren't included.

Developing a standard for transmitting print jobs (and getting related
status) is one thing, but specifying job formatting facilities would
appear to be a "tip of the iceberg" sort of thing that can very quickly
get out of control.

Am I alone in this opinion?

	...jay

----------------------------------------------------------------------
--  JK Martin               |  Email:   [email-masked]          --
--  Underscore, Inc.        |  Voice:   (603) 889-7000              --
--  41C Sagamore Park Road  |  Fax:     (603) 889-2699              --
--  Hudson, NH 03015-4915   |  Web:     http://www.underscore.com   --
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Randy Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 1997 08:32:46 -0800

> Am I alone in this opinion?

No.

I believe in some level of job control, but I think specifying
how borders are drawn is a little too detailed, IMHO.

Randy