Subject: IPP> IPP Protocol I-D (White paper)

From: Randy Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 13:39:14 -0800

I will be posting a document that describes an IPP-over-HTTP
proposal, per the discussion at the most recent IPP
protocol meeting at Sun.

It is formatted as an internet-draft because I thought
it might want to be discussed at the Memphis plenary
by IETF folks outside the IPP working group. I suspect that
the use of HTTP as a transport for IPP will be a very hotly
debated topic at this meeting. It might help if we had
something on paper that references a potential implementation
to avoid being inundated by too many questions/issues.

I would like to try and post this document on Friday (3/21), it
will be small enough (hopefully) to post to the email list, or
if someone could tell me the procedure for posting on the
IPP WEB/FTP server.

Randy

-- 
Randy Turner
Network Architect
Sharp Laboratories of America
[email-masked]