Subject: IPP> SEC, REQ, MOD - Internet-Draft on IPP Security

From: Carl-Uno Manros <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 16:39:04 PST

After discussion with Steve Zilles last Friday I propose to separate out
the IPP Security documentation into a separate I-D for now.  The reason is
that this will make it easier for us to get comments back from the IETF
security gurus that we expect to show up in Memphis.  This does NOT mean
that we would keep it separate in the later IPP RFCs, only that we keep it
in a separate document for now.  I have discussed this with Roger deBry and
Scott Isaacson today and they agreed that this might be a good way to get
some feedback from the IETF security guys.

Roger deBry has volonteered to be the editor for this intermediate
document, which we plan to have available in time for the Memphis deadline.

Roger and I will write up contributions to be discussed in our next SEC
phone conference on Thursday.

This will also get us out of a bind with getting everything ready early
enough for inclusion in the REQ and MOD documents, which I suggest would
then only contain temporary pointers to the IPP SEC document for now.

Any objections?

Carl-Uno

Carl-Uno Manros
Principal Engineer - Advanced Printing Standards - Xerox Corporation
701 S. Aviation Blvd., El Segundo, CA, M/S: ESAE-231
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: [email-masked]