Subject: RE: IPP>PRO

From: Babak Jahromi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 17:40:53 -0800

How about clients? Would it be as easy to add support for an IPP-Post to
a client? 

I will find out if Microsoft's IIS offers the same capability.

Babak

>-----Original Message-----
>From:	[email-masked] [SMTP:[email-masked]]
>Sent:	Monday, February 24, 1997 2:49 PM
>To:	[email-masked]
>Subject:	IPP>PRO
>
>I talked today with one of the IBM web server developers about
>the use of http post method vs. new http methods for ipp. His view
>was that there would not be a significant performance or load
>difference for these two alternatives. He thought that defining a
>new protocol was the worst choice.
>
>He also told me that in IBM web servers, new method handlers
>could be written by anyone and bound into the server later, so
>defining new methods on IBM servers doesn't require the server
>code itself to be changed.