Subject: IPP> PRO & MOD - Need to synchronize thought on operations

From: Carl-Uno Manros <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 12:58:45 PST

Some of the discussion lately has been about the possibility to split up
the Print operation into several steps (inspired by the MS approach
presented last week).

I just want us to be clear that if we want to do this, it has consequences
on the operations that the Model group will define (we will need more
operations). As a sideline, it will probably make the solution less
workable over SMTP (for those of you who still think that that is a good
idea).

It will also influence any further discussion on the use of MIME types (we
will need separate MIME types for what goes into each of the "smaller"
operations).

Therefore, I think that this decision is urgent, as it will influence a
number of other text parts in other documents, and we should aim to get
closure on this pretty soon.

Comments?

Carl-Uno

Carl-Uno Manros
Principal Engineer - Advanced Printing Standards - Xerox Corporation
701 S. Aviation Blvd., El Segundo, CA, M/S: ESAE-231
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: [email-masked]