Subject: IPP> ADM - What happened to our IPP Charter?

From: Carl-Uno Manros <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 17:53:26 PST

Harald and Keith,

I start getting eager to learn if we will be chartered as a WG soon.

Our plan, according to the draft charter, is to have a set of pretty good
Internet-Drafts ready for discussion and review in the next IETF meeting.
Assuming that the documents have to be in by mid-March, I will need to go
through the proper process of checking for consensus pretty soon. I have
held back on this waiting the WG status to become active, but I cannot do
that much longer...

Best regards,

Carl-Uno

Carl-Uno Manros
Principal Engineer - Advanced Printing Standards - Xerox Corporation
701 S. Aviation Blvd., El Segundo, CA, M/S: ESAE-231
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 10:49:22 +0100

We're working on some details.
The main thrust of the charter seems good now; it will in fact be
easier for the IESG to evaluate the charter if it's backed up by some
fairly recent and reasonable drafts, so there's every reason to go on
working on the drafts.

(Those of you who were present in San Jose will remember my opinion on
the batch presented there....)

          Harald A