Subject: IPP>PRO

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 17:49:11 -0500

Classification:
Prologue:
Epilogue: Roger K deBry
Senior Techncial Staff Member
Architecture and Technology
IBM Printing Systems
email: [email-masked]
phone: 1-303-924-4080

I talked today with one of the IBM web server developers about
the use of http post method vs. new http methods for ipp. His view
was that there would not be a significant performance or load
difference for these two alternatives. He thought that defining a
new protocol was the worst choice.

He also told me that in IBM web servers, new method handlers
could be written by anyone and bound into the server later, so
defining new methods on IBM servers doesn't require the server
code itself to be changed.