Subject: IPP> Dumb question -Reply

From: "Scott A. Isaacson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 10:10:44 -0700

At the November 1996 meeting, Novell presented a protocol for Internet
Printing call LDPA.  With the input and cooperation of many existing and
new players in the Printer Working Group (PWG http://www.pwg.org/)
that proposal has become Internet Printing Protocol (IPP).  LDPA was an
RPC based end user view of DPA.  IPP is even more simplified, and there
is much discussion as to whether IPP will be based on standard HTTP or
HTTP with extensions.  Come and get involved. See 
http://www.pwg.org/ipp/

************************************************************
Scott A. Isaacson
Print Services Consulting Engineer
Novell Inc., 122 E 1700 S, Provo, UT 84606
V: (801) 861-7366, (800) 453-1267 x17366
F: (801) 861-4025, E: [email-masked]
W: http://www.novell.com
************************************************************

>>> <[email-masked]> 02/25/97 12:40pm >>>
Is the IETF Internet Printing Protocol (IPP) the same thing as the 
Novell-initiated LDPA (Lightweight Document Printing Application) 
specification that received a lot of attention at the end of last year?