From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 13:43:20 -0500

Classification:
Prologue:
Epilogue: Roger K deBry
Senior Techncial Staff Member
Architecture and Technology
IBM Printing Systems
email: [email-masked]
phone: 1-303-924-4080

Don, I gave the requirements document a quick read. The major
comment I have is that the way the document is currently written,
it would appear that the only required client interface is a Web
Browser. While I would agree that using a Web Browser is an
important requirement, the document should not lead one to
believe that it is the only requirement!  Since the first paragraph
in the Terminology section discusses the use of Worl Wide Web
tools, and Browsers are explicitly dicsussed in the second paragraph,
there is no need to explicitly call out Browsers (and not mention other
kinds of clients) in each of the remaining sections.

For example:

Change the title to "Requirements for An Internet Printing Protocol"

In the abstract chnage the first sentence to read "This document
describes the requirement for An Intrenet printing protocol."

In section 2, REQUIREMENTS, change the first sentence to read
"The next three scetions identify the requirements of an Internet
printing protocol ..."

In section 2.1.3, Viewing the status of a printer, chnage the first
sentence to read "Before using a selected printer or, in fact at
any time, the end user needs the ability to verify the characteristics
and status of both printers and jobs queued for the printer."

In section 2.1.4, Submitting a print job, change the 4th sentence
to read "Printing by reference is defined as submitting a job
and providing a reference to an existing document."

In section 2.1.5, Viewing the status of a submitted print job, change
the first sentence to read "After a job has been submitted to a
printer, the end -user needs a way to view the status of that job
(i.e. job waiting, job printing, job done)."