Subject: Re: IPP>ADM

From: Don Wright <[email-masked]>
Date: 25 Feb 97 18:45:04 EST

I agree with Roger's proposal with one minor twist --- I think I
would call the directory something like Public_Drafts or something
like that since most of the documents there won't actually be
Internet Drafts at the time they are posted.  This will also make the
WEBMaster's job easier since he won't have to change the WEB
page to point to a different name everytime one is uploaded.

Any other opinions?

Don

To: ipp%pwg.org @ interlock.lexmark.com @ SMTP
cc:  (bcc: Don Wright)
From: rdebry%us.ibm.com @ interlock.lexmark.com @ SMTP
Date: 02/25/97 03:05:18 PM
Subject: IPP>ADM

Classification:
Prologue:
Epilogue: Roger K deBry
Senior Techncial Staff Member
Architecture and Technology
IBM Printing Systems
email: [email-masked]
phone: 1-303-924-4080

As I've pointed people to the PWG ftp site to get the IPP documents, it has
become increasingly difficult to point them to the latest documentation. The
I-Ds are spread across several directories and they are changing over time.
I'd like to propose the following idea -- what if we kept a copy of the latest
internet drafts in one common place with a standard name so that we could point
people unfamiliar with the history and reams of documentation out there to one
place where they could get the lastest and greatest.  For example, have a
directory called "Current-Internet-Drafts" which would have in it "Model",
"Requirements", Directory-Schema", and "Protocol" etc. without version
numbers.  We could choose to promote documents to this directory when we were re
ady to have the rest of the world read and comment on them.