Subject: IPP> PRO --> Protocol Extension Protocol

From: Don Wright <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 Jan 97 16:36:35 EST

The W3C has a working draft describing a way to extend
HTTP called PEP (Protocol Extension Protocol.)  The 
protocol sub-group might want to check out the draft.  PEP
standardizes ways to extend the protocol and provides a
way for a client to determine if the server supports the
extensions.  These methods were used for PICS (Platform for
Internet Content Selection) which is a rating services and
for JEPI (Joint Electronic Payments Initiative).  The draft
is available at:

http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/TR/WD-http-pep.html

Check it out!

Don

*************************************************************
* Don Wright ([email-masked])        Lexmark International *
* Manager                               Strategic Alliances *
* 740 New Circle Rd                     Phone: 606-232-4808 *
* Lexington, KY  40511                    Fax: 606-232-6740 *
*************************************************************