Subject: IPP> New Document Alliance -Reply

From: "Scott A. Isaacson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 1997 09:48:42 -0700

Roger,

Novell was once a member of NDA.  I don't know if we still are.  I
personally went to several meetings in early 1996.   They claimed to
have MANY companies involved, but one meeting I went to there were
about 20 people, 12 of which were Xerox.   We put together a very high
level "framework",  which came out as a  broad, sweeping list of
interesting and related topics associated with printing.   If the proposed
IPP charter is considered too broad as is stands right now, NDA scope
would look like a whole new universe of universes all having many
kitchen sinks which are all included.

The only other companies that were involved in NDA that are not part of
IPP right now are end user type reps.

Scott

************************************************************
Scott A. Isaacson
Print Services Consulting Engineer
Novell Inc., 122 E 1700 S, Provo, UT 84606
V: (801) 861-7366, (800) 453-1267 x17366
F: (801) 861-4025, E: [email-masked]
W: http://www.novell.com
************************************************************

>>> <[email-masked]> 12/20/96 09:05am >>>
Classification:
Prologue:
Epilogue:

IBM has been approached to join the New Document Alliance. As I
understand it,
this organization is sponsored largely by Xerox to agree on a standards
framework for document printing.  Any thoughts on how we, as the
PWG
should/would relate to this organization?  Are any of the other
companies in
the PWG part of the New Document Alliance?  If not, do you have any
plans to
join?