Subject: IPP> ADM - ftp server directory names and PDF

From: Scott Isaacson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 11:09:25 -0700

All,

1. A nit picky point, but having a directory called
"contributions-for-discussion" is cumbersome since it is long and I can't
hardly ever rember what it is.  Can we go back to "new"?

2.  Harry suggested going to HTML instead of PDF.  I would like to stay
with PDF since I can use all of the tools in my standard apps and I don't
have to limit myself to HTML templates in those apps.  With PDF plug-ins
in a browser, seems like the same thing to me, just more powerful and
just HTML.  Also, lets ALL move to PDF 3.0.   The reader and plug-ins are
available and free.

Scott
************************************************************
Scott A. Isaacson
Print Services Consulting Engineer
Novell Inc., 122 E 1700 S, Provo, UT 84606
V: (801) 861-7366, (800) 453-1267 x17366
F: (801) 861-4025, E: [email-masked]
W: http://www.novell.com
************************************************************

---

From: Keith Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 14:17:42 -0500

> just HTML.  Also, lets ALL move to PDF 3.0.   The reader and plug-ins are

I don't know what kind of wierd platform you use :), but PDF viewers
aren't available for lots of the platforms people are using.  There
are a couple of non-Adobe ones out there in source form, but in my 
experience they are flaky and sometimes have trouble viewing
Adobe-generated files (especially features that aren't in Adobe's
manuals).  I also find it hard to make effective use of xpdf on my 
640x480 laptop screen.

PDF would certainly not be acceptable for IETF documents of record.
Even HTML would be a stretch.

Keith