Subject: RE: IPP> Some notes from an IETF Area Director

From: Babak Jahromi <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 1997 14:16:24 -0800

We are not in the busniess of developing software for organizations who
think this way. We are targeting the bulk market. Such paranoid
organizatoins need to buy custom software adapted to their special
needs.

Babak

>----------
>From: 	[email-masked][SMTP:[email-masked]]
>Sent: 	Saturday, January 04, 1997 3:55 PM
>To: 	Babak Jahromi
>Cc: 	[email-masked]'; [email-masked]'
>Subject: 	Re: IPP> Some notes from an IETF Area Director
>
>If the security staff trusts their employees not to type secrets
>into Web forms, but does not trust them not to try to send confidential
>documents out of the business by accident or malice if they can do so
>easily and simply (by hitting the wrong printer icon), you might
>find such a case.
>
>Yes, such organizations would be likely to have some form of mail
>censorship as well.
>
>                 Harald A
>

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 1997 10:08:07 +0100

[email-masked] said:
> We are not in the busniess of developing software for organizations 
> who think this way. We are targeting the bulk market. Such paranoid 

If you mean by this that you regard firewalls as an aberration,
example of bad design, a totally unworkable solution in the
long run, and something we should ignore when designing real protocols,
then we are in complete agreement.

Unfortunately paranoid organizations have a lot of buying power,
so not all people may be happy with that attitude.
Let's just make sure that if we mention firewalls at all, we
describe them correctly; I prefer to ignore them whenever I can.

                         Harald A