Subject: IPP> IPP Comments on BOF Presentation - Followup to Reply -Reply

From: Scott Isaacson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 1996 13:59:23 -0700

>>> <[email-masked]> 12/04/96 01:05pm >>>

<<KC>>  We agree that modify job is an end-user task that is not
supported
<<KC>>  in IPP 1.0.  My only point is that in the context of this chart we
<<KC>>  are listing a complete set of requirements for IPP as a whole
(e.g.
<<KC>>  note the reference to "operator" and "administrator" on the
same
<<KC>>  chart which are not supported in IPP 1.0) so my point is that in
that
<<KC>>  context modify job is an overall requirement.  We can then
clearly
<<KC>>  show in the IPP 1.0 Objectives chart which end-user tasks are
<<KC>>  supported (i.e. not modify job).  Your thoughts?

<<SAI>> Perfect.

<<KC>>  It sounds like that for IPP an "end-user" is authorized to use a
<<KC>>  a specific printer object.  There can be 0 or more "end-users"
per
<<KC>>  printer object.  If my understanding is correct, then we're in
synch.
  <<KC>>  Otherwise, please clarify.

<<SAI>> Perfect.

Scott