Subject: IPP> Forthcoming PWG Server Outage (12/15 12/16)

From: Jeff Schnitzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 1996 18:27:59 -0500

Underscore will be moving the machine that provides PWG FTP, mailing
list and web services to a different ISP (Internet Service Provider).

We expect an outage of about half a day on Sunday December 15th or
Monday December 16th.

The time-to-live/expiration periods in the Domain Name Server databases
have been reduced, so the new address should be picked within a few
hours of the changeover.  In case of a delayed propagation of the
change, you might be able to reach the machine by using the new
numerical IP address explicitly.

The new IP address of the PWG server will be 199.125.85.31
The names remain the same: pwg.org, ftp.pwg.org and www.pwg.org

I will send this message again shortly before the outage, both as
a reminder and to reach anyone newly subscribing.

/Jeff

---------------------------------------------------------------
Jeffrey D. Schnitzer      |   Email:  [email-masked] 
Underscore, Inc.          |   Voice:  (603) 889-7000
41-C Sagamore Park Rd     |     Fax:  (603) 889-2699   
Hudson, NH  03051-4915    |     Web:  http://www.underscore.com
---------------------------------------------------------------