Subject: IPP> Templates -Reply

From: Scott Isaacson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 1996 16:11:17 -0700

Steve,

The issue in the IPP I-D states that "Job Templates need more work", so it
is not surprising there is some problems with what we have in the doc.

I had promised to post the removed Job Templates issues and never did. 
Your e-mail has reminded me to do so.  Look for it soon.

Scott

>>> "steve gebert Dept:ecg SN:579517 Div:ISM Ext"
<[email-masked]> 12/03/96 02:55pm >>>
I am trying to work out some print scenarios. It seems as though the
first operation a client would want to perform is to ask the print server
what job attributes it can accept, what options are available, and what
the defaults are. Is there any concept of the client requesting the job
template to provide a set of choices to the user? The spec does state
that
a client may use a job template associated with a printer to initialize a job.
It is not clear to me if the template could be requested or if it is only
some set of values used as defaults or to constrain user supplied
information.
Can someone shed some light on this?