Subject: Re: producing flat RFC-ready text files from WORD

From: Tom Hastings <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 1996 17:45:58 PST

At 12:43 11/18/96 PST, Don Wright wrote:
>
>For some reason, I can't get WORD to generate a nice flat
>text file with the headers and footers to look like an
>internet draft.  Anyone got any ideas?
>

If you setup styles to use only Courier, including in headers
and footers, and print to file using a generic line printer
driver, it will produce the headers and footers as text.

I've been told this works, but I haven't tried it.  That is the
strategy hope/plan to use to product the IPP draft.  I'm planning
to use it for the Job Monitoring MIB as well.  Each style
will have the proper indent, so that WORD will do the line wrap
automatically.

Good luck. Lets share experiences on this.

Thanks,
Tom