Subject: BOF for IPP

From: Chris Wellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 15:30:46 -0800 (PST)

Carlos,

I have a feeling that you will not have a problem with good
attendance at the IPP BOF.  In fact, maybe you will have the
opposite problem.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 10:27:26 -0500
From: Steve Coya <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: And you thought Montreal was crowded!

Greetings,

It is with DEEP regret that I confirm the rumors about the San Jose
meeting: it will be crowded. As of now, there are over 1250 people
registered.

And, we have NO IDEA which groups they will be attending. It could be
yours... or yours... or YOURS!

Marcia made an extrodinary effort to get large meeting rooms at other
hotels close to the Fairmont. No luck there... must have something to
do with San Jose and Christmas (the parade is Saturday, btw :-)

We're hoping that the multicast sessions can be piped through the
hotel's internal cable system. But as you all will observe, we have no
idea what the interests of all these folks will be, and it may be in
sessions that are not being multicasted.

One of the things we'll be doing is having the hotel REMOVE the last
couple rows of chairs- yes, I said remove. This will accommodate more
people, albeit standing.

As session chairs, you have a lot of discretion on how the meetings are
conducted. Let me give you another tool... uh, suggestion:

Reserve the first couple rows of chairs for your primary (active)
participants. I don't want key people not being able to fit into a
room. Again, this is just a suggestion.

I will be informing all those who attend the Newcomers' orientation
Sunday afternoon that this may happen.

Steve