Subject: Microsoft Internet Printing Efforts

From: Randy Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 11:09:05 -0800

I was wondering if we are going to align our IPP work with the
internet printing effort currently underway at Microsoft. One
of the engineers in my group attended a "Microsoft Windows/NT 5.0
Printing Architecture Preview" meeting at Microsoft this week, and
there is a specific section within the handouts dedicated to 
internet printing utilizing HTTP and URLs. Some of the same concepts
we talked about in New Orleans are being applied.

I think we need to solicit participation by Microsoft in the IPP
effort if they have already expended significant resources in
the investigation of internet printing. It seems like their has
been recent email from someone at Microsoft during our earlier
internet printing discussions on the mailing list.

Just a thought,

Randy

---

From: Don Wright <[email-masked]>
Date: 14 Nov 96 14:46:05 EST

I am fully aware of this effort and these are the folks I have been
talking to trying to get them involved.

Don

To: ipp%pwg.org @ interlock.lexmark.com @ SMTP
cc:  (bcc: Don Wright)
From: rturner%sharplabs.com @ interlock.lexmark.com (Randy Turner) @ SMTP
Date: 11/14/96 11:09:05 AM
Subject: Microsoft Internet Printing Efforts

Just a thought,

Randy

---

From: Andy Davidson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 12:25:49 -0800

You must have had some effect, Don, because someone (no one I recognized
from the PWG) asked Jim Livingston during the Q&A section if Microsoft was
going to support the IPP effort of the PWG and his immediate response was
"Yes, absolutely."

	andy