Subject: Re: Minutes

From: Tom Hastings <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 12:58:14 PST

Don,

Could you please stick with 8.3 file naming.  Some of us are still with
Windows 3.11.  I think we can get the date for conference calls into
8 characters and some indication that its a conference call (maybe cc?).

It might be nice to include the year in the file name too, since the
date sometimes becomes today's date when copying files.

If you put the year first, month next and day last, then it sorts by date.

Maybe something like:

cc961113.doc  .pdf   .ps   .txt

for weekly conference calls

and

ipp-9611.doc   .pdf  .ps   .txt

for monthly ipp meetings.

Thanks,
Tom

At 12:03 11/14/96 PST, Don Wright wrote:
>I have posted an updated/fixed version of the minutes for
>the IPP session at the New Orleans PWG meeting.  The 
>various versions are:  
>
>/pub/pwg/ipp/minutes/ipp-1196.doc
>/pub/pwg/ipp/minutes/ipp-1196.pdf
>/pub/pwg/ipp/minutes/ipp-1196.ps
>/pub/pwg/ipp/minutes/ipp-1196.txt
>
>I have also posted the minutes for the 11/13 conference 
>call in the same formats as:
>
>/pub/pwg/ipp/minutes/ipp.conference.call.11-13.doc
>/pub/pwg/ipp/minutes/ipp.conference.call.11-13.pdf
>/pub/pwg/ipp/minutes/ipp.conference.call.11-13.ps
>/pub/pwg/ipp/minutes/ipp.conference.call.11-13.txt
>
>Happy hunting!
>
>Don
>
>
>*************************************************************
>* Don Wright ([email-masked])        Lexmark International *
>* Manager                               Strategic Alliances *
>* 740 New Circle Rd                     Phone: 606-232-4808 *
>* Lexington, KY  40511                    Fax: 606-232-6740 *
>*************************************************************
>
>