Subject: IPP> IPP Internet-Draft

From: "Scott A. Isaacson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 16:44:46 -0700

We now have an Internet Draft for the IPP/1.0 specification!!! Thanks to all
who have spent so much time over the last few weeks.  The IETF
responded with a file name:  draft-isaacson-ipp-info-00.txt.   Look for it
soon on the ietf-announce mailing list.

I also put the following files in ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/ipp/drafts

draft-isaacson-ipp-info-00.txt     just now submitted to
[email-masked]
ipp94.doc            same as draft-isaacson-ipp-info-00.txt w/line numbers
ipp94.pdf               "     "  PDF file
ipp94rev.doc        rev marks agains ipp93
ipp94rev.pdf         "  " PDF file

The ipp94 filename suggests version 0.94, but there is no version string
in the document any more.  It is just draft-isaacson-ipp-info-00.txt. Tom
did extensive editing from 0.93, and I have kept most of it. Thank you. 
However,  I removed some of the text he added which raised additional
issues  about Job Templates.  I have preserved these and will be posting
them soon so that we can review these suggestions during our next
working meetings.  Carl-Uno, put this on the agenda.

Thanks again.  We have much to resolve, but we have already come a
long way!

Scott

************************************************************
Scott A. Isaacson
Print Services Consulting Engineer
Novell Inc., 122 E 1700 S, Provo, UT 84606
V: (801) 861-7366, (800) 453-1267 x17366
F: (801) 861-4025, E: [email-masked]
W: http://www.novell.com
************************************************************

---

From: [email-masked] (Robert Herriot)
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 18:22:57 -0800

Issue on line 1386:
   2-sided-long-edge and 2-sided-short-edge work the same for 
   portrait or landscape. That is one of the nice things about
   the concepts.  On the other hand head-to-toe is tumble in
   portrait but duplex in landscape. Head-to-head, likewise
   switches.

   Since the orientation attribute is for an entire document, I am not sure
   that reverse-landscape has any value.

Bob Herriot

---

From: [email-masked] (Robert Herriot)
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 18:39:19 -0800

Great Job Scott!

I found a few typos:

MS Word thinks that 'implementor' should be changed to 'implementer'.

in the table above line 928, it says

    ... is r
    are returned:eturned.

The word returned is split and duplicated

A couple of lines further down in the same table cell:

    For each J
    position-in-list. ob URL ...

The word Job seems to have been split.

A couple of lines further down in the same table cell:

    ... and
    andposition

An extra 'and'

A couple of lines further down in the same table cell:

    change 'and end user' to 'an end user'

A couple of lines further down in the same table cell:
    ... inter
    esponse,spersed.

Delete 'esponse'.

Above line 969 in type2Enum cell: change 'cancan' to 'can', change
  'TBDbyvalues' to 'values', change 'anytimereviewed' to 'reviewed',
   change 'approvaal' to 'approval'

A couple of lines further down in the next table cell:

   change 'namvalues' to 'values'.

line 1071: in table cell for processing:
    fix 'enginthe'. I not sure what should be here.

line 1993: change 'atttribute' to 'attribute'