Subject: FIN> MIBS to Compile

From: Ron Bergman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 19:09:17 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

I have loaded two Finisher MIB files on the PWG server,

1. ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/fin/mibs/fin-mib-980609.mib

2. ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/fin/mibs/fin-mib-980609-modified.mib

and also the new Printer MIB.

3. ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/fin/mibs/printer.mib

The first Finisher MIB is per the current updated draft.  The second
contains two changes I had to make to compile with "NetPlus".  The Printer
MIB is required since there are references to the Textual Conventions in
the Finisher MIB. 

 Change 1:  I had to provide an OBJECT IDENTIFIER definition for mib-2.

 Change 2:  I had to change "printmib" to "finisherMIB" in the definitions
            for the four Finisher MIB groups.  (e.g. finDevice OBJECT
            IDENTIFIER ::= { printmib 30 })  The MIB would compile without
            this change but crashed my PC when I tried to view.

We need to try to compile the MIB with other available compiliers.  If you
have access to any other compilier please try and send the results to the
DL.

I am almost ready to send the latest draft to the server.  Just one more
change is required!  It should be available by the end of the week.

	Ron Bergman
	Dataproducts Corp.