Subject: FIN> Revised Finisher MIB Draft

From: Ron Bergman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 18:24:05 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

I have sent the latest version of the Finisher MIB to the IETF 
and loaded a copy on the PWG server at:

    ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/fin/internet-drafts/
                   draft-ietf-printmib-finishing-01.txt

This version has the following changes from the copy 
distributed at the Austin meeting:

1. Some minor reformatting to conform to IETF current practice.

2. Added a "Marker Supplies" box to the Printer Model figure.

3. Added DEFVALs to the 7 objects per the proposal presented and
   modified in Austin.

4. Removed the 5 objects from finSupplyMediaInputTable per the 
   Austin meeting minutes.

5. Removed finDeviceIndex as a finSupplyTable index and added the
   object finSupplyDeviceIndex per the agreement in Austin.

6. Removed finDeviceIndex as a finSupplyMediaInputTable index and 
   added the object finSupplyMediaInputDeviceIndex per the 
   agreement in Austin.

7. Removed finSupplyIndex as a finSupplyMediaInputTable index and 
   added the object finSupplyMediaInputSupplyIndex per the 
   agreement in Austin.

8. Removed FinOutputTypeTC.  This was to have been deleted per 
   the Maui meeting, but was somehow missed.

9. Changed the Extended Finisher Device Group objects to 
   attributes

10. Restructured the attributes section per Tom Hasting's 
    suggestion.

11. Added section 4 (Attribute Mechanism) as proposed by Tom.

The document was submitted today to beat the submission deadline 
for the IETF meeting.  Even though this document will not be 
reviewed at the IETF meeting, I wanted to have an updated 
submission this month.  Since the changes in the current document
are quite significant from the previous submission, I did not 
want to wait until the end of the IETF blackout period for the 
next submission.

I suspect there were a large number of drafts recently submitted, 
so there may be some delay before the IETF announcement appears.

	Ron Bergman
	Dataproducts Corp.