Subject: FIN> Lets make most of FIN MIB attributes

From: Tom Hastings <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 19:56:37 PST

In reviewing the Finisher MIB, we think that we can go a lot further
and turn most of the objects into attributes.

The only real group we'd need beside the attributes group is:

Finisher Device Group, but only with the following objects (and the
same two indexes):

finDeviceType
finDevicePresentOnOff
finDeviceStatus

For those attributes that need to have parallel values, use the
same value of the attribute instance to show the relationship.

The redundant Finisher Supply Media Input Group can become
a single attribute which references the Printer MIB media supply
table, i.e., the value of the attribute is an index into the 
Printer MIB media input group table.

Even the attribute constraints can be done as attributes with a single 
additional group and table.

Tom