Subject: FIN> New Finisher MIB Document Posted

From: Ron Bergman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 17:59:29 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

I have posted an updated finisher MIB at:

    ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/fin/internet-drafts/
                      draft-ietf-printmib-finishing-00.txt

A copy has also been sent to the ietf as an internet-draft.

This update includes all the changes discussed in Maui, plus I have added
an edited version of the introductory text presented by Harry Lewis in the
Boulder meeting.  I also included a list of participants which I am sure
is not accurate.  If your name is missing or you know of someone who is
not on the list, let me know.

With the exception of the attributes, the MIB should be close to the final
product.  The introductory and discussion text needs more work.  An agenda
item for Austin should be to discuss what additional text needs to be
included in the document.

Other issues:

 1. The stapling positions and finishing axis definitions were not
    finalized.  We need to look at the DPA documentation and determine if
    this fits our needs.

 2. We need to determine what additional attributes are needed.  One area
    that was discussed in Maui was a set of attributes to define a punch
    pattern that is not covered by our standard patterns.  What others
    should be included?

 3. DefVALs need to be included to define the finishing defaults.

 4. There are currently no attributes for the following, are they needed?

      Trimmer
      Die Cutter
      Perforater
      Separater
      Imprinter
      Bander

 5. When should we get some real finisher experts to review this document?

	Ron Bergman
	Dataproducts Corp.