Subject: FIN> New MIB Version 3

From: Ron Bergman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 18:42:22 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

I have loaded the latest draft of the Finisher MIB on the PWG server at

    ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/fin/mibs/FIN-MIB03.TXT  (.DOC)

This document will be reviewed next week in Maui.

I have incorporated most of the changes as recommended in the LA meeting
but I was unable to complete the attribute textual convention entry.  I
will try to have a draft of this piece to present at the meeting.

	Ron Bergman
	Dataproducts Corp.

Here is the text version:

------------------

FINISHER MIB                                     January 12, 1998
Expires July 12,1998

Finisher-MIB DEFINITIONS ::= BEGIN

IMPORTS
    MODULE-IDENTITY, OBJECT-TYPE, experimental,
    Integer32                                     FROM SNMPv2-SMI
    TEXTUAL-CONVENTION                             FROM SNMPv2-TC
    MODULE-COMPLIANCE, OBJECT-GROUP              FROM SNMPv2-CONF
    hrDeviceIndex                         FROM HOST-RESOURCES-MIB
    PrtSubUnitStatusTC,
    PrtMarkerSuppliesSupplyUnitTC,
    PrtCapacityUnitTC, prtOutputIndex,
    PrtMarkerSuppliesClassTC, PresentOnOff,
    PrtMediaPathIndex                            FROM Printer-MIB

finisherMIB MODULE-IDENTITY
    LAST-UPDATED "9801120000Z"
    ORGANIZATION "IETF Printer MIB Working Group"
    CONTACT-INFO
        "Ron Bergman
         Dataproducts Corp.
         1757 Tapo Canyon Road
         Simi Valley, CA 91063-3394
         [email-masked]

        Send comments to the printmib WG using the Finisher MIB
        Project (FIN) Mailing List:  [email-masked]

        For further information, access the PWG web page under
        'FIN':   http://www.pwg.org/"
    DESCRIPTION
        "The MIB module for management of printer finisher units.
         The Finisher MIB is an extension of the Printer MIB."
    ::= { mib-2 43 }

ISSUE: Should this be in the PWG subtree or keep this as an
extension to the Printer MIB?

-- Textual conventions for this MIB module

FinDeviceTypeTC ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION
-- This is a type 2 enumeration.
    STATUS       current
    DESCRIPTION
      "The defined finishing device subunit operation
       enumerations."
    SYNTAX       INTEGER {

Ron Bergman, Dataproducts Corp.                         [page 1]

FINISHER MIB                                     January 12, 1998
Expires July 12,1998

         other(1),
         unknown(2),
         stitchingUnit(3),
         foldingUnit(4),
         bindingUnit(5),
         trimmer(6),
         dieCuttingUnit(7),
         punchingUnit(8),
         perforatingUnit(9),
         slittingUnit(10),
         separationCutUnit(11),
         imprinter(12),
         wrappingUnit(13),
         bandingUnit(14)
        }

FinSupplyTypeTC ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION
-- This is a type 2 enumeration that is an extension to the
-- Printer MIB textual convention PrtMarkerSuppliesTypeTC.
    STATUS       current
    DESCRIPTION
      "The defined finishing supply type enumerations."
    SYNTAX       INTEGER {
      other(1),
      unknown(2),
      -- toner(3),
      -- wasteToner(4),
      -- ink(5),
      -- inkCartridge(6),
      -- inkRibbon(7),
      -- wasteInk(8),
      -- opc(9),                      -- photo conductor
      -- developer(10),
      -- fuserOil(11),
      -- solidWax(12),
      -- ribbonWax(13),
      -- wasteWax(14),
      -- fuser(15),
      -- coronaWire(16),
      -- fuserOilWick(17),
      -- cleanerUnit(18),
      -- fuserCleaningPad(19),
      -- transferUnit(20),
      -- tonerCartridge(21),
      -- fuserOiler(22),
      water(23),
      wasteWater(24),
      glueWaterAdditive(25),
      wastePaper(26),

Ron Bergman, Dataproducts Corp.                         [page 2]

FINISHER MIB                                     January 12, 1998
Expires July 12,1998

      bindingTape(27),
      bandingTape(28),
      stitchingWire(29),
      shrinkWrap(30),
      paperWrap(31),
      staples(32),
      inserts(33),
      covers(34)
     }

FinStitchingTypeTC ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION
-- This is a type 2 enumeration.
    STATUS       current
    DESCRIPTION
      "The defined stitching type enumerations."
    SYNTAX       INTEGER {
         other(1),
         unknown(2),
         staple(3),
         stapleTopLeft(4),
         stapleBottomLeft(5),
         stapleTopRight(6),
         stapleBottomRight(7),
         saddleStitch(8),
         edgeStitch(9),
         stitch(10)
        }

FinBindingTypeTC ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION
-- This is a type 2 enumeration.
    STATUS       current
    DESCRIPTION
      "The defined binding type enumerations."
    SYNTAX       INTEGER {
         other(1),
         unknown(2),
         bind(3),
         tape(4),
         plastic(5),
         velo(6),
         perfect(7),
         spiral(8)
        }

FinSlittingTypeTC ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION
-- This is a type 2 enumeration.
    STATUS       current
    DESCRIPTION
      "The defined slitting type enumerations."

Ron Bergman, Dataproducts Corp.                         [page 3]

FINISHER MIB                                     January 12, 1998
Expires July 12,1998

    SYNTAX       INTEGER {
      other(1),
      unknown(2),
      slit(3),
      slitAndSeparate(4),
      slitAndMerge(5)
     }

-- Finisher Device Group (Mandatory)
--
-- A printer may support zero or more finishing subunits.  A
-- finishing device subunit may be associated with one or more
-- output subunits and one or more media path subunits.

finDeviceTable OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX     SEQUENCE OF FinDeviceEntry
    MAX-ACCESS not-accessible
    STATUS     current
    DESCRIPTION
      "This table defines the finishing device subunits,
       including information regarding possible configuration
       options and the status for each finisher device subunit."
    ::= { finisherMIB 18 }

finDeviceEntry OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      FinDeviceEntry
    MAX-ACCESS  not-accessible
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
      "There is an entry in the finishing device table for each
     
    INDEX  { hrDeviceIndex, finDeviceIndex }
    ::= { finDevicesTable 1 }

FinDeviceEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
      finDeviceIndex                 Integer32,
      finDeviceOperation             FinDeviceTypeTC,
      finDevicePresentOnOff          PresentOnOff,
      finDeviceCapacityUnit          PrtCapacityUnitTC,
      finDeviceMaxCapacity           Integer32,
      finDeviceRemainingCapacity     Integer32,
      finDeviceAssociatedMediaPaths  Integer32,
      finDeviceAssociatedOutputs     Integer32,
      finDeviceStatus                PrtSubUnitStatusTC,
      finDeviceName                  OCTET STRING,
      finDeviceVendorName            OCTET STRING,
      finDeviceModel                 OCTET STRING,
      finDeviceVersion               OCTET STRING,

Ron Bergman, Dataproducts Corp.                         [page 4]

FINISHER MIB                                     January 12, 1998
Expires July 12,1998

      finDeviceSerialNumber          OCTET STRING,
      finDeviceDescription           OCTET STRING
     }

finDeviceIndex OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      Integer32(0..2147483647)
    MAX-ACCESS  not-accessible
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
      "A unique value used to identify a finisher operation.
       Although these values may change due to a major
       reconfiguration of the printer system (e.g. the addition
       of new finishing operations), the values are normally
       expected to remain stable across successive power cycles."
    ::= { finDeviceEntry 1 }

finDeviceOperation OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      FinDeviceTypeTC
    MAX-ACCESS  read-only
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
      "Defines the finishing operation associated with this table
       row entry."
    ::= { finDeviceEntry 2 }

*****************************************************************
ISSUE: The finDeviceOperation object could be eliminated if
finDeviceIndex was FinDeviceTypeTC.  This would depend upon the
desirability of having table entries for all possible finisher
functions.  The method defined here allows finDeviceIndex to be
independent of the actual device.
*****************************************************************

finDevicePresentOnOff OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      PresentOnOff
    MAX-ACCESS  read-write
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
      "Indicates if this finishing device subunit is available
       and whether the device subunit is enabled."
    ::= { finDeviceEntry 3 }

*****************************************************************
ISSUE: This object provides no added value if a table entry is
not included for devices that are not present.  This object
should be changed to enabled/disabled status only.
*****************************************************************

finDeviceCapacityUnit OBJECT-TYPE

Ron Bergman, Dataproducts Corp.                         [page 5]

FINISHER MIB                                     January 12, 1998
Expires July 12,1998

    SYNTAX      PrtCapacityUnitTC
    MAX-ACCESS  read-only
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
      "The unit of measure for specifying the capacity of this
       finisher device subunit."
    ::= { finDeviceEntry 4 }

finDeviceMaxCapacity OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      Integer32
    MAX-ACCESS  read-write
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
      "The maximum capacity of this finisher device subunit in
       finDeviceCapacityUnits.  If the device can reliably sense
       this value, the value is sensed by the finisher device
       and is read-only: otherwise the value may be written by a
       management or control console application.  The value (-1)
       means other and specifically indicates that the device
       places no restrictions on this parameter.  The value (-2)
       means unknown."
    ::= { finDeviceEntry 5 }

finDeviceCurrentCapacity OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      Integer32
    MAX-ACCESS  read-write
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
      "The current capacity of this finisher device subunit in
       finDeviceCapacityUnits.  If the device can reliably sense
       this value, the value is sensed by the finisher and is
       read-only: otherwise the value may be written by a
       management or control console application.  The value (-1)
       means other and specifically indicates that the device
       places no restrictions on this parameter.  The value (-2)
       means unknown."
    ::= { finDeviceEntry 6 }

finDeviceAssociatedMediaPaths OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      Integer32
    MAX-ACCESS  read-only
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
      "Indicates the media paths which can supply media for this
       finisher device.  The value of this object is a bit map
       with each position representing the value of a
       prtMediaPathIndex.  For a media path that can be a source
       for this finisher device subunit, the bit position equal
       to 2 raised to the power of one less than the value of

Ron Bergman, Dataproducts Corp.                         [page 6]

FINISHER MIB                                     January 12, 1998
Expires July 12,1998

       prtMediaPathIndex will be set.

       For example, a value of 21 indicates the media paths with
       a prtMediaPathIndex of 1 or 6 will supply media to this
       finisher device subunit.

       The most significant bit position SHALL not be used, which
       allows a maximum of 31 media paths to be defined."
    ::= { finDeviceEntry 7 }

finDeviceAssociatedOutputs OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      Integer32
    MAX-ACCESS  read-only
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
      "Indicates the printer output subunits this finisher device
       subunit services.  The value of this object is a bit map
       with each position representing the value of a
       prtOutputIndex.  For an output subunit that is serviced
       by this finisher device subunit, the bit position equal to
       2 raised to the power of one less than the value of
       prtOutputIndex will be set.

       For example, a value of 49 indicates the output subunits
       with a prtOutputIndex of 1, 4 or 7 can be serviced by this
       finisher device subunit.

       The most significant bit position SHALL not be used, which
       allows a maximum of 31 output subunits to be defined."
    ::= { finDeviceEntry 8 }

finDeviceStatus OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      PrtSubUnitStatusTC
    MAX-ACCESS  read-only
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
      "Indicates the current status of this finisher device
       subunit."
    ::= { finDeviceEntry 9 }

-- The Extended Finisher Device Group
--
-- This group is optional.  However, to claim conformance to
-- this group, it is necessary to implement every object in the
-- group.

finDeviceName OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      OCTET STRING(0..63)

Ron Bergman, Dataproducts Corp.                         [page 7]

FINISHER MIB                                     January 12, 1998
Expires July 12,1998

    MAX-ACCESS  read-write
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
      "The name assigned to this finisher device subunit."
    ::= { finDeviceEntry 10 }

finDeviceVendorName OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      OCTET STRING(0..63)
    MAX-ACCESS  read-only
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
      "The vendor name of this finisher device subunit."
    ::= { finDeviceEntry 11 }

finDeviceModel OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      OCTET STRING(0..63)
    MAX-ACCESS  read-only
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
      "The model name of this finisher device subunit."
    ::= { finDeviceEntry 12 }

finDeviceVersion OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      OCTET STRING(0..63)
    MAX-ACCESS  read-only
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
      "The version string for this finisher device subunit."
    ::= { finDeviceEntry 13 }

finDeviceSerialNumber OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      OCTET STRING(0..63)
    MAX-ACCESS  read-only
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
      "The serial number assigned to this finisher device
       subunit."
    ::= { finDeviceEntry 14 }

finDeviceDescription OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      OCTET STRING(0..255)
    MAX-ACCESS  read-only
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
      "A free form text description of this device subunit in the
       localization specified by prtGeneralCurrentLocalization."
    ::= { finDeviceEntry 15 }

*****************************************************************

Ron Bergman, Dataproducts Corp.                         [page 8]

FINISHER MIB                                     January 12, 1998
Expires July 12,1998

ISSUE: The description object was discussed as a standard device
subunit (not optional) in the LA meeting.  Its placement in the
optional portion of the group is consistent with the Printer MIB
input and output subgroups.
*****************************************************************

-- Finisher Supply Group
--
-- A finisher may have one or more supplies associated with it.
-- For example a finisher may use both binding tape and stitching
-- wire supplies. A finisher may also have more than one source
-- for a given type of supply e.g. multiple supply sources of ink
-- for imprinters.

finSupplyTable OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX     SEQUENCE OF FinSupplyEntry
    MAX-ACCESS not-accessible
    STATUS     current
    DESCRIPTION
      "Each unique source of supply is an entry in the finisher
       supply table. Each supply entry has its own
       characteristics associated with it such as colorant and
       current supply level."
    ::= { finisherMIB 19 }

finSupplyEntry OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX     FinSupplyEntry
    MAX-ACCESS not-accessible
    STATUS     current
    DESCRIPTION
      "A list of finisher devices, with their associated
       supplies and supplies characteristics."
    INDEX  { hrDeviceIndex, finDeviceIndex, finSupplyIndex }
    ::= { finSupplyTable 1 }

FinSupplyEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
      finSupplyIndex               Integer32,
      finSupplyClass               PrtMarkerSuppliesClassTC,
      finSupplyType                FinSupplyTypeTC,
      finSupplyDescription         OCTET STRING,
      finSupplyUnit                PrtMarkerSuppliesSupplyUnitTC,
      finSupplyMaxCapacity         Integer32,
      finSupplyCurrentLevel        Integer32,
      finSupplyColorantValue       OCTET STRING
     }

finSupplyIndex OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      Integer32(0..2147483647)

Ron Bergman, Dataproducts Corp.                         [page 9]

FINISHER MIB                                     January 12, 1998
Expires July 12,1998

    MAX-ACCESS  not-accessible
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
      "A unique value used by a finisher to identify this supply
       container/receptacle.  Although these values may change
       due to a major reconfiguration of the finisher (e.g. the
       addition of new supply sources to the finisher), values
       are normally expected to remain stable across successive
       power cycles."
    ::= { finSupplyEntry 1 }

finSupplyClass OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      PrtMarkerSuppliesClassTC
    MAX-ACCESS  read-only
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
      "This value indicates whether this supply entity
       represents a supply that is consumed or a container that
       is filled."
    ::= { finSupplyEntry 2 }

finSupplyType OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      FinSupplyTypeTC
    MAX-ACCESS  read-only
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
      "The type of this supply."
    ::= { finSupplyEntry 3 }

finSupplyDescription OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      OCTET STRING(0..255)
    MAX-ACCESS  read-only
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
      "The description of this supply/receptacle in text useful
       for operators and management applications."
    ::= { finSupplyEntry 4 }

finSupplyUnit OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      PrtMarkerSuppliesSupplyUnitTC
    MAX-ACCESS  read-only
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
      "Unit of measure of this finisher supply container or
       receptacle."
    ::= { finSupplyEntry 5 }

finSupplyMaxCapacity OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      Integer32

Ron Bergman, Dataproducts Corp.                         [page 10]

FINISHER MIB                                     January 12, 1998
Expires July 12,1998

    MAX-ACCESS  read-write
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
      "The maximum capacity of this supply container/receptacle
       expressed in Supply Units.  If this supply container/
       receptacle can reliably sense this value, the value is
       sensed  and is read-only; otherwise the value may be
       written by a control panel or management application.  The
       value (-1) means other and places no restrictions on this
       parameter.  The value (-2) means unknown."
    ::= { finSupplyEntry 6 }

finSupplyCurrentLevel OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      Integer32
    MAX-ACCESS  read-write
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
      "The current level if this supply is a container; the
       remaining space if this supply is a receptacle. If this
       supply container/receptacle can reliably sense this value,
       the value is sensed  and is read-only; otherwise the value
       may be written by a control panel or management
       application.  The value (-1) means other and places no
       restrictions on this parameter. The value (-2) means
       unknown."
    ::= { finSupplyEntry 7 }

--             Capacity Attribute Relationships
--
--                 MEDIA INPUT MEASUREMENT
--
--     _______ |                   |
--      |      |                   |
--      |      |                   |                   |
--      |      |_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _| ________________  |direction
--      |      |                   |      |            v
-- MaxCapacity |                   |      |
--      |      | Sheets remaining  | CurrentLevel
--      |      |                   |      |
--      v      |                   |      v
--     ------- +-------------------+ -------

finSupplyColorantValue OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      OCTET STRING(0..63)
    MAX-ACCESS  read-only
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
      "The name of the color of this colorant using standardized
       string names from ISO 10175 (DPA) and ISO 10180 (SPDL)

Ron Bergman, Dataproducts Corp.                         [page 11]

FINISHER MIB                                     January 12, 1998
Expires July 12,1998

       which are: other, unknown, white, red, green, blue, cyan,
       magenta, yellow and black.  Implementors may add
       additional string values.  The naming conventions in ISO
       9070 are recommended in order to avoid potential name
       clashes."
    ::= { finSupplyEntry 8 }

-- Finisher Supply Media Input Group
--
-- A finisher device may have one or more associated supply media
-- inputs.  Each entry in this table defines an input for a
-- supply media type such as inserts, covers, etc.

finSupplyMediaInputTable OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX     SEQUENCE OF FinSupplyMediaInputEntry
    MAX-ACCESS not-accessible
    STATUS     current
    DESCRIPTION
      "The input subunits associated with a finisher supply media
       are each represented by an entry in this table."
::= { finisherMIB 20 }

finSupplyMediaInputEntry OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX     FinSupplyMediaInputEntry
    MAX-ACCESS not-accessible
    STATUS     current
    DESCRIPTION
      "A list of finisher supply media input subunit features and
       characteristics."
    INDEX  { hrDeviceIndex, finDeviceIndex, finSupplyIndex,
             finSupplyMediaInputIndex }
    ::= { finSupplyMediaInputTable 1 }

FinSupplyMediaInputEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
      finSupplyMediaInputIndex            Integer32,
      finSupplyMediaInputType             Integer32,
      finSupplyMediaInputFeedControlMode  Integer32,
      finSupplyMediaInputDimUnit          PrtCapacityUnitTC,
      finSupplyMediaInputMediaDimFeedDir  Integer32,
      finSupplyMediaInputMediaDimXFeedDir Integer32,
      finSupplyMediaInputStatus           PrtSubUnitStatusTC,
      finSupplyMediaInputMediaName        OCTET STRING,
      finSupplyMediaInputName             OCTET STRING,
      finSupplyMediaInputVendorName       OCTET STRING,
      finSupplyMediaInputModel            OCTET STRING,
      finSupplyMediaInputVersion          OCTET STRING,
      finSupplyMediaInputSerialNumber     OCTET STRING,
      finSupplyMediaInputDescription      OCTET STRING,

Ron Bergman, Dataproducts Corp.                         [page 12]

FINISHER MIB                                     January 12, 1998
Expires July 12,1998

      finSupplyMediaInputSecurity         PresentOnOff,
      finSupplyMediaInputMediaWeight      Integer32,
      finSupplyMediaInputMediaThickness   Integer32,
      finSupplyMediaInputMediaType        OCTET STRING,
      finSupplyMediaInputMediaColor       OCTET STRING,
      finSupplyMediaInputMediaFormParts   Integer32

finSupplyMediaInputIndex OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      Integer32(0..2147483647)
    MAX-ACCESS  not-accessible
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
      "A unique value used by a finisher to identify this supply
       media input subunit.  Although these values may change
       due to a major reconfiguration of the finisher (e.g. the
       addition of new supply media input sources to the
       finisher), values are normally expected to remain stable
       across successive power cycles."
    ::= { finSupplyMediaInputEntry 1 }

finSupplyMediaInputType OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      Integer32 {
                    other(1),
                    unknown(2),
                    removableBin(3),
                    nonRemovableBin(4),
                    manualFeed(5),
                    continuousRollDevice(6),
                    continuousFanFold(7)
****************************************************************
PrtInputTypeTC is similar except it does not have manualFeed and
does have mailbox(6).  Can PrtInputTypeTC be used ?
****************************************************************
                }
    MAX-ACCESS  read-only
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
      "The type of technology (discriminated primarily according
       to the feeder mechanism type) employed by the input
       subunit."
    ::= { finSupplyMediaInputEntry 2 }

finSupplyMediaInputFeedControlMode OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      Integer32 {
                    other(1),
                    unknown(2),
                    feedOnly(3),
                    readAndFeed(4)
                }

Ron Bergman, Dataproducts Corp.                         [page 13]

FINISHER MIB                                     January 12, 1998
Expires July 12,1998

    MAX-ACCESS  read-only
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
      "This object defines the feeding mode for this finisher
       supply media input.  feedOnly indicates the normal
       feeding mode for this finisher input and no additional
       information is needed to control the feeding process.
       readAndFeed indicates that the feeding process is
       controlled by scanning information on the input media.
       When readAndFeed mode is selected, reader devices
       associated with this input entry define the criteria that
       must be met to trigger the feeder operation."

*****************************************************************
Is this object applicable ?
*****************************************************************

    ::= { finSupplyMediaInputEntry 3 }

finSupplyMediaInputDimUnit OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      PrtCapacityUnitTC
    MAX-ACCESS  read-only
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
      "The unit of measure for specifying dimensional values for
       this input device."
    ::= { finSupplyMediaInputEntry 4 }

finSupplyMediaInputMediaDimFeedDir OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      Integer32
    MAX-ACCESS  read-write
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
      "This object provides the value of the dimension in the
       feed direction of the media that is placed or will be
       placed in this input device.  Feed dimension measurements
       are taken parallel to the feed direction of the device and
       measured in finSupplyMediaInputDimUnits.  If this input
       device can reliably sense this value, the value is sensed
       and is read-only access. Otherwise the value is read-write
       access and may be written by management or control panel
       applications. The value (-1) means other and specifically
       indicates that this device places no restrictions on this
       parameter. The value (-2) indicates unknown. "
    ::= { finSupplyMediaInputEntry 5 }

finSupplyMediaInputMediaDimXFeedDir OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      Integer32
    MAX-ACCESS  read-write

Ron Bergman, Dataproducts Corp.                         [page 14]

FINISHER MIB                                     January 12, 1998
Expires July 12,1998

    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
      "This object provides the value of the dimension across the
       feed direction of the media that is placed or will be
       placed in this input device.  The cross feed direction is
       ninety degrees relative to the feed direction on this
       device and measured in finSupplyMediaInputDimUnits.  If
       this input device can reliably sense this value, the value
       is sensed and is read-only access. Otherwise the value is
       read-write access and may be written by management or
       control panel applications. The value (-1) means other and
       specifically indicates that this device places no
       restrictions on this parameter. The value (-2) indicates
       unknown. "
    ::= { finSupplyMediaInputEntry 6 }

finSupplyMediaInputStatus OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      PrtSubUnitStatusTC
    MAX-ACCESS  read-only
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
      "This value indicates the current status of this input
       device."
    ::= { finSupplyMediaInputEntry 7 }

finSupplyMediaInputMediaName OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      OCTET STRING(0..63)
    MAX-ACCESS  read-write
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
      "The name of the current media contained in this input
       device. Examples are Print Job Output A, Triple A Billing
       Statements or ISO standard names."
    ::= { finSupplyMediaInputEntry 8 }

-- Finisher Supply Media, Extended Input Group
--
-- This group is optional. However, to claim conformance to this
-- group it is necessary to implement every object in the group.
--
-- This group defines objects that augment the
-- finSupplyMediaInputType object for this input subunit.

finSupplyMediaInputName OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      DisplayString(0..63)
    MAX-ACCESS  read-write
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION

Ron Bergman, Dataproducts Corp.                         [page 15]

FINISHER MIB                                     January 12, 1998
Expires July 12,1998

      "The name assigned to this input subunit."
    ::= { finSupplyMediaInputEntry 9 }

finSupplyMediaInputVendorName OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      DisplayString(0..63)
    MAX-ACCESS  read-only
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
      "The vendor name of this input subunit component."
    ::= { finSupplyMediaInputEntry 10 }

finSupplyMediaInputVendorModel OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      DisplayString(0..63)
    MAX-ACCESS  read-only
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
      "The model name of this input subunit."
    ::= { finSupplyMediaInputEntry 11 }

finSupplyMediaInputVersion OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      DisplayString(0..63)
    MAX-ACCESS  read-only
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
      "The version string for this input subunit."
    ::= { finSupplyMediaInputEntry 12 }

finSupplyMediaInputSerialNumber OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      DisplayString(0..63)
    MAX-ACCESS  read-only
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
      "The serial number assigned to this input subunit."
    ::= { finSupplyMediaInputEntry 13 }

finSupplyMediaInputDescription OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      DisplayString(0..255)
    MAX-ACCESS  read-only
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
      "A free form text description of this input subunit in the
       localization specified by prtGeneralCurrentLocalization."
    ::= { finSupplyMediaInputEntry 14 }

finSupplyMediaInputSecurity OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      PresentOnOff
    MAX-ACCESS  read-write
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION

Ron Bergman, Dataproducts Corp.                         [page 16]

FINISHER MIB                                     January 12, 1998
Expires July 12,1998

      "Indicates if this subunit has some security associated
       with it."
    ::= { finSupplyMediaInputEntry 15 }

-- Finisher Supply Media, Extended Media Input Group
--
-- This group is optional. However, to claim conformance to this
-- group it is necessary to implement every object in the group.
--
-- This group defines objects that augment the
-- finSupplyMediaInputType object for this input subunit.
--
-- The Extended Media Input Group objects support identification
-- of media installed or available for use on a finisher device.
-- Medium resources are identified by name. and include a
-- collection of characteristic attributes that may further be
-- used for selection or management of them.

finSupplyMediaInputMediaWeight OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      Integer32
    MAX-ACCESS  read-write
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION

      "The weight of the media associated with this Input device
       in grams per meter squared.  The value (-1) means other
       and specifically indicates that the device places no
       restriction on this parameter.  The value (-2) means
       unknown.  This object can be used to calculate the weight
       of individual pages processed by the document finisher.
       This value, when multiplied by the number of pages in a
       finished set, can be used to calculate the weight of a set
       before it is inserted into a mailing envelope."
    ::= { finSupplyMediaInputEntry 16 }

finSupplyMediaInputMediaThickness OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      Integer32
    MAX-ACCESS  read-write
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
      "This object identifies the thickness of the input media
       processed by this document input subunit measured in
       micrometers.  This value may be used by devices (or
       operators) to set up proper machine tolerances for the
       feeder operation.  The value (-2) indicates that the media
       thickness is unknown or not used in the setup for this
       input subunit."
    ::= { finSupplyMediaInputEntry 17 }

Ron Bergman, Dataproducts Corp.                         [page 17]

FINISHER MIB                                     January 12, 1998
Expires July 12,1998

finSupplyMediaInputMediaType OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      DisplayString(0..63)
    MAX-ACCESS  read-write
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
      "The name of the type of the type of medium associated with
       this input subunit.  Valid values are standardized strings
       from ISO 10175 (DPA) and ISO 10180 (SPDL) which are:
       stationary, transparency, envelope, envelope-plain,
       envelope window, continuous-long, continuous-short,
       tab-stock, labels, multi-layer."
    ::= { finSupplyMediaInputEntry 18 }

finSupplyMediaInputMediaFormParts OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      Integer32
    MAX-ACCESS  read-write
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
      "The number of parts associated with the media associated
       with this input subunit if the media is a multi-part form.
       The value (-1) means other and specifically indicates the
       device places no restrictions on this parameter. The value
       (-2) means unknown."
    ::= { finSupplyMediaInputEntry 19 }

-- Finisher Device Attribute Group
--
-- A finisher device subunit may have one or more parameters that
-- cannot be specified by any other objects in the MIB.  The
-- Device Attribute group allows the definition of these
-- parameters.

finDeviceAttributeTable OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX     SEQUENCE OF FinDeviceAttributeEntry
    MAX-ACCESS not-accessible
    STATUS     current
    DESCRIPTION
      "The attribute table defines special parameters that are
       applicable only to a minority of the finisher devices.
       An attribute table entry is used, rather than unique
       objects, to minimize the number of MIB objects and to
       allow for expansion without the addition of MIB objects.
       Each finisher device is represented by a separate row
       in the device subunit attribute table."
::= { finisherMIB 21 }

finDeviceAttributeEntry OBJECT-TYPE

Ron Bergman, Dataproducts Corp.                         [page 18]

FINISHER MIB                                     January 12, 1998
Expires July 12,1998

    SYNTAX     FinDeviceAttributeEntry
    MAX-ACCESS not-accessible
    STATUS     current
    DESCRIPTION
      "Each entry defines a finisher function parameter that
       cannot be represented by an object in the finisher
       device subunit table."
    INDEX  { hrDeviceIndex, finDeviceIndex,
             finDeviceAttributeTypeIndex }
::= { finDeviceAttributeTable 1 }

FinDeviceAttributeEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
      finDeviceAttributeTypeIndex        FinAttributeTypeTC,
      finDeviceAttributeInstanceIndex    Integer32,
      finDeviceAttributeValueAsInteger   Integer32,
      finDeviceAttributeValueAsOctets    OCTET STRING
     }

finDeviceAttributeTypeIndex OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      FinAttributeTypeTC
    MAX-ACCESS  not-accessible
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
      "Defines the attribute type represented by this row."
    ::= { finDeviceAttributeEntry 1 }

finDeviceAttributeInstanceIndex OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      Integer32
    MAX-ACCESS  not-accessible
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
      "An index that allows the discrimination of an attribute
       instance when the same attribute occurs multiple times for
       a specific instance of a finisher function.  The value of
       this index shall be 1 if only a single instance of the
       attribute occurs for the specific finisher function."
    ::= { finDeviceAttributeEntry 2 }

finDeviceAttributeValueAsInteger OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      Integer32
    MAX-ACCESS  read-only
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
      "Defines the integer value of the attribute.  The value of
       the attribute is represented as an integer if the
       finAttributeTypeTC description for the attribute has the
       tag 'INTEGER:'.

       Depending upon the attribute enum definition, this object

Ron Bergman, Dataproducts Corp.                         [page 19]

FINISHER MIB                                     January 12, 1998
Expires July 12,1998

       may be either an integer, a counter, an index, or an enum.
       Attributes for which the concept of an integer value is
       not meaningful SHALL return a value of -1 for this
       attribute."
    ::= { finDeviceAttributeEntry 3 }

finDeviceAttributeValueAsOctets OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      OCTET STRING (SIZE(0..63))
    MAX-ACCESS  read-only
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
      "Contains the octet string value of the attribute.  The
       value of the attribute is represented as a string if the
       finAttributeTypeTC description for the attribute has the
       tag 'OCTETS:'.

       Depending upon the attribute enum definition, this object
       may be either a coded character set string (text) or a
       binary octet string.  Attributes for which the concept of
       an octet string value is not meaningful SHALL contain a
       zero length string."
    ::= { finDeviceAttributeEntry 4 }

END

Ron Bergman, Dataproducts Corp.                         [page 20]