Subject: FIN> Summary of Finisher MIB Objects

From: Ron Bergman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 18:06:46 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

I am working on the Finisher MIB draft, but thought it would be easier to
visualize my proposal by only looking at an outline of the object
structure.  It may also generate some discussion before the MIB draft is
completed.

Note that in the outline I did not change the objects types from the MIF
definitions.  For example, "string" will be "OCTET STRING" in the MIB.

	Ron Bergman
	Dataproducts Corp.

Here it is:

FINISHER MIB                                           PROPOSED OBJECT SUMMARY

FinStitchingTypeTC
      other(1),
      unknown(2),
      staple(3),
      stapleTopLeft(4),
      stapleBottomLeft(5),
      stapleTopRight(6),
      stapleBottomRight(7),
      saddleStitch(8),
      edgeStitch(9),
      stitch(10)

FinBindingTypeTC
      other(1),
      unknown(2),
      bind(3),
      tape(4),
      plastic(5),
      velo(6),
      perfect(7),
      spiral(8)

FinSlittingTypeTC
      other(1),
      unknown(2),
      slit(3),
      slitAndSeparate(4),
      slitAndMerge(5)

FinOutputTypeTC
      other(1),
      unknown(2),
      removableBin(3),
      unremovableBin(4),
      continuousRollDevice(5),
      mailbox(6),
      continuousFanFold(7),
      conveyer(8),
      smartCart(9)

FinSupplyTypeTC
      other(1),
      unknown(2),
      -- toner(3),
      -- wasteToner(4),
      -- ink(5),
      -- inkCartridge(6),
      -- inkRibbon(7),
      -- wasteInk(8),
      -- opc(9), -- photo conductor
      -- developer(10),
      -- fuserOil(11),
      -- solidWax(12),
      -- ribbonWax(13),
      -- wasteWax(14),
      -- fuser(15),
      -- coronaWire(16),
      -- fuserOilWick(17),
      -- cleanerUnit(18),
      -- fuserCleaningPad(19),
      -- transferUnit(20),
      -- tonerCartridge(21),
      -- fuserOiler(22),
      water(23),
      wasteWater(24),
      glueWaterAdditive(25),
      wastePaper(26),
      bindingTape(27),
      bandingTape(28),
      stitchingWire(29),
      shrinkWrap(30),
      paperWrap(31)

finDeviceTable
  (index: hrDeviceIndex, prtOutputIndex, finDeviceIndex)
	finDeviceIndex                Integer
	finDeviceName                 DisplayString(0..63)
	finDeviceVendorName           DisplayString(0..63)
	finDeviceModel                DisplayString(0..63)
	finDeviceVersion              String(0..63)
	finDeviceSerialNumber         DisplayString(0..63)
	finDEviceDescription          String(0..255)
	finDeviceStatus               PrtSubUnitStatusTC

finFeaturesTable
  (index: hrDeviceIndex, prtOutputIndex, finDeviceIndex, finFeatureIndex)
      finFeatureIndex               Integer
      finStitching                  PresentOnOff
      finStitchingType              FinStitchingTypeTC
      finMaxPagesStitched           Integer
      finFolding                    PresentOnOff
      finFoldingType                Integer
                                       other(1),
                                       unknown(2),
                                       zFold(3),
                                       halfFold(4),
                                       letterFold(5)
      finMaxPagesFolded             Integer
      finBinding                    PresentOnOff
      finBindingType                finBindingTypeTC
      finMaxPagesBound              Integer
      finBindingColor               DisplayString(63)
      finTrimming                   PresentOnOff
      finTrimmingType               Integer
                                       other(1),
                                       unknown(2),
                                       trim(3)
      finMaxPagesTrimmed            Integer
      finDieCutting                 PresentOnOff
      finDieCuttingType             Integer
                                       other(1),
                                       unknown(2),
                                       dieCut(3)
      finMaxPagesDieCut             Integer
      finPunching                   PresentOnOff
      finPunchType                  Integer
                                       other(1),
                                       unknown(2),
                                       punch(3)
      finMaxPagesPunched            Integer
      finPerforating                PresentOnOff
      finPerforationType            Integer
                                       other(1),
                                       unknown(2),
                                       perforate(3)
      finSlitting                   PresentOnOff
      finSlittingType               FinSlittingTypeTC
      finSeparationCut              PresentOnOff
      finSeparationCutType          Integer
                                       other(1),
                                       unknown(2),
                                       separationCut(3)
      finImprinting                 PresentOnOff
      finImprintingType             Integer
                                       other(1),
                                       unknown(2),
                                       imprinting(3)
      finWrapping                   PresentOnOff
      finWrappingType               Integer
                                       other(1),
                                       unknown(2),
                                       wrap(3),
                                       shrinkWrap(4),
                                       paperWrap(5)
      finMaxPagesWrapped            Integer
      finBanding                    PresentOnOff
      finBandingType                Integer
                                       other(1),
                                       unknown(2),
                                       band(3)
      finMaxPagesBanded             Integer

finOutputTable
  (index: hrDeviceIndex, prtOutputIndex, finDeviceIndex, finOutputIndex)
      finOutputIndex                Integer
      finOutoutType                 FinOutputTypeTC
      finOutputCapacityUnit         PrtCapacityUnitTC
      finOutputMaxCapacity          Integer
      finOutputRemainingCapacity    Integer
      finOutputStatus               PrtSubUnitStatusTC

     -- The Extended Finisher Output Group
     --
     -- This group is optional.  However, to claim conformance to this
     -- group, it is necessary to implement every object in the group.

  (index: hrDeviceIndex, prtOutputIndex, finDeviceIndex, finOutputIndex)
      finOutputName                 String(0..63)
      finOutputVendorName           String(0..63)
      finOutputModel                String(0..63)
      finOutputVersion              String(0..63)
      finOutputSerialNumber         String(0..63)
      finOutputDescription          String(0..255)
      finOutputSecurity             PresentOnOff

     -- The Finisher Output Dimensions Group
     --
     -- This group is optional.  However, to claim conformance to this
     -- group, it is necessary to implement every object in the group.

  (index: hrDeviceIndex, prtOutputIndex, finDeviceIndex, finOutputIndex)
      finOutputDimUnit              MediaUnit
      finOutputMaxDimFeedDir        Integer
      finOutputMaxDimXFeedDir       Integer
      finOutputMinDimFeedDir        Integer
      finOutputMinDimXFeedDir       Integer

     -- The Finisher Output Features Group
     --
     -- This group is optional.  However, to claim conformance to this
     -- group, it is necessary to implement every object in the group.

  (index: hrDeviceIndex, prtOutputIndex, finDeviceIndex, finOutputIndex)
      finOutputStackingOrder        PrtOutputStackingOrderTC
      finOutputPageDeliveryOrient   PrtOutputPageDeliveryOrientationTC
      finOutputBursting             PresentOnOff
      finOutputDecollating          PresentOnOff
      finOutputPageCollated         PresentOnOff
      finOutputOffsetStacking       PresentOnOff

finSupplyTable
  (index: hrDeviceIndex, prtOutputIndex, finDeviceIndex, finSupplyIndex,
    finSupplyColorantIndex)
      finSupplyIndex                Integer
      finSupplyClass                PrtMarkerSuppliesClassTC
      finSupplyType                 FinSupplyTypeTC
      finSupplyDescription          String(0..255)
      finSupplyUnit                 PrtMarkerSuppliesSupplyUnitTC
      finSupplyMaxCapacity          Integer
      finSupplyCurrentLevel         Integer

finSupplyColorantTable
  (index: hrDeviceIndex, prtOutputIndex, finDeviceIndex, 
    finSupplyColorantIndex)
      finSupplyColorantIndex        Integer
      Role                          PrtMarkerColorantRoleTC
      Tonality                      Integer

End