Subject: FIN> JMP> Potential Finisher MIB Project

From: Harry Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 15:03:25 -0400

Thanks Don, for making room on the Seattle agenda to discuss the possibility
of forming a Finisher working group. I look forward to leading this discussion
on Friday morning and I feel 2 hrs (or less) is appropriate at this stage.
To date, I have seen PWG e-mail from 8 individuals (aligned with 8 separate
companies) interested in creating a Finisher standard and there are some
23 people from 15 different companies subscribed to the FIN e-mail reflector
([email-masked]). With this level of interest, I anticipate some very
interesting points of view. It is my hope that we can rapidly formulate our
goals, define our scope and develop the architecture to either augment the
Printer MIB or create a stand-alone Finisher MIB for use in managing this
aspect of the device and the print job.

I invite anyone with Finisher experience or interest in print finishing to
join us at the meeting or register with the FIN e-mail reflector.

Harry Lewis - IBM Printing Systems

-------- Forwarded by Harry Lewis/Boulder/IBM on 07/29/97 01:46 PM --------

        [email-masked]
        07/29/97 01:25 PM
Please respond to [email-masked] @ internet

To: [email-masked] @ internet, [email-masked] @ internet, [email-masked] @ internet,
[email-masked] @ internet
cc:
Subject: JMP> Potential Finisher MIB Project

At the request of several interested individuals, I have adjusted the
Friday agenda of the August meeting at Microsoft.  We have had some
discussion of a Finisher MIB on the mailing list and a FIN mailing
list has been established.  Harry Lewis has agreed to moderate
a discussion on Friday morning to gauge interest in kicking off
a Finisher MIB project.  As such, the Friday agenda is as follows:

8:30 AM - 10:30 AM    Finisher MIB discussion
11:00 AM - 5:00 PM    JOB MIB

If the entire 2 hours is not necessary to gauge interest and
if needed identify leadership, the JMP work will start
early.

Unfortunately due to business commitments, I will not be in
attendance on Friday but I am sure the discussion will be
excellent under the capable leadership of Mr. Lewis.

Don

**********************************************
* Don Wright                 [email-masked] *
* Manager, Strategic Alliances and Standards *
* Lexmark International                      *
* 740 New Circle Rd                          *
* Lexington, Ky 40550                        *
* 606-232-4808 (phone) 606-232-6740 (fax)    *
**********************************************