WIMS> FW: WIMS WSDl & Schema with generated code

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Thu Mar 23 10:54:06 EST 2006

Hi folks,

Below is a note from Pete Zehler who has been experimenting
with the just-posted WSDL/1.1 for SOAP/1.1 with a somewhat
out-of-date gSOAP package.

I'll take a look at these, but the namespace declarations
are something that will probably change again as the schema
are integrated into a future SM/2.0 release - I don't consider
namespace changes necessarily desirable for the Formal Approval
vote versions - my experience has been that adding ANY explicit
namespaces immediately breaks my XMLSPY 2004, XSV 2.10, and
other tools - which is why I left them out so far.

I'll do some experimenting.  The changes to negative ranges
(squashing them to zero minimums) definitely should NOT be
incorporated into the approved versions.

Not sure what Pete means by "document elements", but I'll
take a look.

By the way, the gSOAP that I have locally installed compiled
all of my posted WIMS schemas without change and generated C
source and sample SOAP messages without errors or warnings.
Likewise, my locally installed XMLSPY 2004.

Since the WSDL/1.1 will always be INFORMATIVE, I'm opposed
to making substantive changes to the actual schemas (other
than possibly namespace declarations) for Formal Approval.

We need to come to concensus VERY quickly about any schema
edits, because they will delay the WIMS Formal Approval we
intended to start momentarily and span April face-to-face.

Cheers,
- Ira

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839